Quinnen Williams Named 2022 Team MVP

Lith

1 minute ago, Lith said:

I would be shocked if he is the second coming of Mo.  Mo had some really nice seasons, but he was never as dominant as Quinnen was this year.  I guess you never really know these guys, but Quinnen just seems like such a good kid that I can't see him mailing it in after getting paid the way Wilkerson did.

I think it's also a combination of a good culture/locker room and personal drive. He's made several comments about wanting to get to Aaron Donald level for a couple years prior to the contract year and I personally believe him. Jets need to pay players on a 2nd contract and Q is the first real test case where it's clearly obvious he's someone you want to build around. Hope they work something out.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

If Quinnen Williams plays like he has all season these last two games and the Jets get into the playoffs then he's got a shot at overtaking Nick Bosa for DPOY. 

has he really been that good?   he's obviously played well, but wasn't sure of how good compared to the elite folks.

for some reason, he doesn't seem to me to be as bad a Sheldon in terms of worries of contract #2.  Mo i did not see his slacking off.

3 hours ago, Lith said:

I would be shocked if he is the second coming of Mo.  Mo had some really nice seasons, but he was never as dominant as Quinnen was this year.  I guess you never really know these guys, but Quinnen just seems like such a good kid that I can't see him mailing it in after getting paid the way Wilkerson did.

it's the braces and his goofy smile.

1 minute ago, batman10023 said:

has he really been that good?   he's obviously played well, but wasn't sure of how good compared to the elite folks.

for some reason, he doesn't seem to me to be as bad a Sheldon in terms of worries of contract #2.  Mo i did not see his slacking off.

I’d say he’s in the top 5-7 for DPOY. Bosa probably has it locked up. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Should really name and shame the people who thought he was a bust.

Let’s not reinvent history here… That would probably be 75% of us.

The # of guys who complained about taking an interior DL alone would take up about 3 pages. It turns out Macc knew better with this pick than we did.

• Upvote 1

Well deserved for Quinnen he has turned it up a notch this year.

Lovely that the coaching staff clued in that you have to give your best D player more than 50% of the snaps.

Congrats to the other award winners even though there are at least two on that list I'll be happy  to be rid of at the end of this year.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Let me get radical here-

• I would not extend Quinnen until we get a veteran QB.
  • If the Jets feel like that have a QB that can help them make the playoffs, then you extend Quinnen and have him be the backbone of the defense.  That could be MW, depending upon how he plays the next few weeks.  
  • If our QB next season is Gardner Minshew or Zach Wilson, I would trade Quinnen and use the picks to find a QB.  
  • Ugh 2
  • More Ugh 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Well earned.  MVP and "Good Guy" awards both.

I truly hope this isn't the same old "contract year star" thing we've seen time and again.

I'd be happy to pay big for QW if we keep getting 2022 QW.

Not if we get more of pre-2022 QW.

It’s weird for me to say but I think he is a rare breed who will get paid be appreciative play  harder because of it. Just seems like a happy go lucky kid who honestly crushes people with a smile on his face. As long as we keep talent next to him to get him opportunities Id be surprised if he doesn’t continue his reign. We”ll see..

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, varjet said:

Let me get radical here-

• I would not extend Quinnen until we get a veteran QB.
  • If the Jets feel like that have a QB that can help them make the playoffs, then you extend Quinnen and have him be the backbone of the defense.  That could be MW, depending upon how he plays the next few weeks.  
  • If our QB next season is Gardner Minshew or Zach Wilson, I would trade Quinnen and use the picks to find a QB.  

Bold… i like your style.

This isn’t the worst take we’re going to see on this subject. In fact it might turn out to be one of the best.

That said, prepare to get hammered for it. Everyone loves them some QW right now.