Wtf?

StillerPaul

The Post Gazette is reporting that Denver asked to not be our opening game opponent. Can a team actually dictate when they play?

The Denver Broncos, the Steelers' AFC championship game opponent, asked not to be scheduled for the kickoff game in Heinz Field. - PG

The Post Gazette is reporting that Denver asked to not be our opening game opponent. Can a team actually dictate when they play?

They can have some input into it.

I remember when Parcells petitioned the league for the Jets to not open on teh road one year, because they had in so many other years, and voila.

I know last year the Dolphins requested a road game earlier in the season to get an extra home game late in the season where it would still be warm and the league obliged.

They can make requests.

Bottom line, the NFL makes the final decision.

Most of the time they will typically honor a teams request.

They can make requests.

Bottom line, the NFL makes the final decision.

Most of the time they will typically honor a teams request.

Herm asked the league if the Jets could have the Pats removed from their schedule. On the grounds that the Pats point differential was hard to contend with.

The league turned the Jets down.

If Denver would've been able to afford Abe, maybe there would be no problem.

I think they're afraid that they can't get to Big Ben :D

As it stands now, they still don't have a pass rush and will probably get drilled again

Archived