Zach Wilson with OL and OC is a star

JETS SB

11 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Blocked 

It is kind of pointless ignoring every person with opposite views. It is actually bad for your health if you think about it. Zero adrenaline rush, emancipation and possible boobs enlargement.

You got to keep these folks around, it will save your life.

1 hour ago, Bronx said:

It is kind of pointless ignoring every person with opposite views. It is actually bad for your health if you think about it. Zero adrenaline rush, emancipation and possible boobs enlargement.

You got to keep these folks around, it will save your life.

blocking morons on the internet is good for the soul. 

I disagree with people on here all the time and don't block.

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Zach Wilson doesn’t want to cross the line of scrimmage when he breaks the pocket. Daniel Jones runs face-first into contact. Zach’s fundamental problem is that he doesn’t want to get hit. You can’t fix that. 

In fairness to zach, there's so much open space that's undefended behind him. It's just smart to take the snap and run backwards, way easier too.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, JETS SB said:

He won’t prove it here. The fan base has already run him out of town. He will go to another team for a 5th round pick and haunt us for years to come. No doubt in my mind. A real offensive coordinator who actual helps him correct his fixable issues. We don’t develop QBs here. We destroy them. Meanwhile we sign mediocre QBs to get to a wild card game and lose. We have never been able to develop a QB. And don’t see it happening any time in the future. We would have run Josh Allen out of town after his first 2 seasons. 

d&d wtf GIF by Hyper RPG

The idea that a QB can't get better over time is one of the dumbest takes that Jets fans have, and that is saying a lot. The idea that some players are a better fit in certain systems and styles of play, and that some OC's are better at developing a player and playing to a players strengths, tan others, is another really dumb take.

ZW is done here, which is fine. If he found himself in the right spot with some offensive coaches who knew what they were doing, its not impossible that he could correct some of the things that plague him, and develop some confidence. He has a really good arm, and very quick release, and he moves well.

The challenge for a QB is generally only a team who drafts a QB high puts the resources and time into a young QB. If a team picks him for a mid to late round pick, they are taking a flyer on him and likely are hoping that he figures things out on his own and are not going to put in the time and resources they would for a high draft pick. ZW is likely done as a QB in the NFL, but its not impossible that he eventually figures it out.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Zach Wilson doesn’t want to cross the line of scrimmage when he breaks the pocket. Daniel Jones runs face-first into contact. Zach’s fundamental problem is that he doesn’t want to get hit. You can’t fix that. 

I think you hit the nail on the head.   Getting hit is his kryponite.   Unfortunately football is a contact sport.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

I think you hit the nail on the head.   Getting hit is his kryponite.   Unfortunately football is a contact sport.

Not true. Watch his college highlights he’s not afraid of getting hit. He’s just completely messed up right now because Saleh and his merry crew screwed him up the second he walked into the building. It’s amazing how fans here don’t realize how bad this coaching staff is. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, DLJ said:

He has elite arm talent just no accuracy or common sense.
Give him an OLine that won’t get him killed and he should be ok. I think he’s still salvageable he just needs to sit

JP Losman had a monster arm, mobility and was a cocky rich kid out of Tulane. Amounted to nothing in the NFL. Zach is Losman the next generation 

32 minutes ago, JonMcgraw38 said:

Not true. Watch his college highlights he’s not afraid of getting hit. He’s just completely messed up right now because Saleh and his merry crew screwed him up the second he walked into the building. It’s amazing how fans here don’t realize how bad this coaching staff is. 

Im only going by what I see now and he seems to be great throwing in a clean pocket or on a roll out.   But a blitz or any consistent pash rush and he s a different guy.

Whats your theory for why he has regressed?

14 hours ago, JETS SB said:

He won’t prove it here. The fan base has already run him out of town. He will go to another team for a 5th round pick and haunt us for years to come. No doubt in my mind. A real offensive coordinator who actual helps him correct his fixable issues. We don’t develop QBs here. We destroy them. Meanwhile we sign mediocre QBs to get to a wild card game and lose. We have never been able to develop a QB. And don’t see it happening any time in the future. We would have run Josh Allen out of town after his first 2 seasons. 

It is a pat answer that any quarterback will do better with better protection and a better offensive coordinator.  That doesn't mean that it will make them a star.  It is true that Zach is virtually worthless when under pressure.  At one point it was reported that his QBR was 19 in such situations and he hasn't looked better since.  That is why every team blitz's every down and stacks the line against the run.

The biggest concerns are the inordinate amount of open receivers he misses when he has time.  The number of wide open receivers he misses badly.  The quick dump offs, that he misses about 1/3 of the time.  They smell of bad mechanics, lack of accuracy and lack of in depth understanding of the game-plan.   Again, these are all prevalent when he has adequate time and the OC gave him an open option.

Argue he is not ready, because he isn't.  Argue that with time, he will be better.  The fact is every QB, from Flacco and White to Streveler has had more success behind the same line and with the same coordinator.  Both are concerns that affect the offense.  If Zach hit the easy ones and the wide open guys, we'd be in the playoffs already.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DLJ said:

He has elite arm talent just no accuracy or common sense.
Give him an OLine that won’t get him killed and he should be ok. I think he’s still salvageable he just needs to sit

I think running for your life is common sense.  Common sense isn't the problem.  It's football sense that's the problem.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, JETS SB said:

A literal “Zach Wilson Fan Club” in the ? column! This should be the next Elon Musk “Twitter Files” release. Similar to the MSM narratives over the last couple of years!

Before ya’ll get your panties in a twist, I’m just throwing a little shade at you. I was curious whom the 16 ? were from & had a LOL.

image.thumb.png.c422f7df7dc01437ac82fd07e392ff8e.png

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

blocking morons on the internet is good for the soul. 

I disagree with people on here all the time and don't block.

This is healthy practice ... otherwise you are confined to group think cancel culture ..which is the downfall of humanity.

i don't claim to know how the jets coaching hierarchy works but it does seem strange that last season mims was in a dog house and this year it was moore.  i tend to believe the coaches and think most players are divas but lafleur seems to be set in his ways.  and they may be perfectly good but not getting the ball into the hands of a guy like moore is troubling.  and mims has shown some good ability.  the same can be said of zwilson.  again i'm not saying that zwilson will ever be a star.  it happens.  but the jets would be foolish not to objectively look at their offense and see if the issue was play calling, play design, not having the whirlpool water at the right temperature, anything that might affect the team's performance. 

23 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Indeed.  I haven’t put you on ignore despite you being dead wrong about Jamal Adams and Zach Wilson.  ?

Jamal was a good player when I supported him .. after his dochenozzle tantrum in the SUV , my view of him did a 180.

Zach ... I acknowledge he has sucked overall ... but I held out hope that the Jets could coach him up given his bionic arm.   But even I have to acknowledge that that ship is pulling out of port as I type.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Flashlite80 said:

It is a pat answer that any quarterback will do better with better protection and a better offensive coordinator.  That doesn't mean that it will make them a star.  It is true that Zach is virtually worthless when under pressure.  At one point it was reported that his QBR was 19 in such situations and he hasn't looked better since.  That is why every team blitz's every down and stacks the line against the run.

The biggest concerns are the inordinate amount of open receivers he misses when he has time.  The number of wide open receivers he misses badly.  The quick dump offs, that he misses about 1/3 of the time.  They smell of bad mechanics, lack of accuracy and lack of in depth understanding of the game-plan.   Again, these are all prevalent when he has adequate time and the OC gave him an open option.

Argue he is not ready, because he isn't.  Argue that with time, he will be better.  The fact is every QB, from Flacco and White to Streveler has had more success behind the same line and with the same coordinator.  Both are concerns that affect the offense.  If Zach hit the easy ones and the wide open guys, we'd be in the playoffs already.

Defenses have figured out Wilson is terrified of getting hit. The threat of a rush cause him to make poor decisions. Until he shows he can deal with the blitz(quick accurate passes, audible at the line) ,  he will face one almost every down. You see the panic in him when defenders start filling the gaps pre snap as if they're gonna rush. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Its really that straight forward, he's soft. 

Examples of how inept the coaching staff and offensive line is. 

Jets Rushing vs Detroit D

22 rushes 50 yds 

Carolina Rushing following week vs Detroit D

43 rushes 320 yds

Carolina Rushing prev week 

16 rushes 21 yds vs Pittsburgh 

Jets Rushing vs Jax (other than Streveler scrambles) - 11 rushes 12 yards 

conclusion - offensive line collapsed last 4 weeks.

Coaching 

6 different QB1 QB2 QB3 combinations this season

Mike White has been QB1, QB2 and Inactive

Zach Wilson has been QB1, QB2 and Inactive

Joe Flacco has been QB1, QB2 and Inactive

Mike Streveler has been QB3, inactive and started 1+ quarters vs Jacksonville  

maybe if we were a 3-12 team, you see what you have. Not when you are trying to make the playoffs  

Saleh allows:

Full Costumed players walking into the stadium before the most important game in 10 years

With 1 second left to go in the Detroit game, with a one score deficit, he calls his first timeout.

Allows most players to walk around with M F’n White t-shirts - yes MW is a good guy. But how do you allow this as a coach when you say in press conferences that Zach Wilson is our future and our guy? At that point, if you are just appeasing the media, name MW the starter and that’s it, if you are gonna allow this type of thing to happen in the clubhouse. Maybe Zach is a terrible teammate and deserves it. Then don’t put him back in to start games and expect him to lead men that have shown they don’t like him or respect him as a leader, by wearing those shirts. Let’s face it. No one showed up for Jacksonville other than Mike Streveler. 

OC 

We win games with a good running game and situational passing. We decide to put Mike White in the game and throw the ball 47 times vs Buffalo and 57 times vs Minnesota. Instead of playing our type of game, running and defense, we play right into Buffalo and Minnesota game plans.

Calls 2 roll out passes vs Detroit and the same vs Jacksonville, while knowing this is Zach Wilson’s strength and instead he calls 15 3rd downs with empty backfields. When this type of formation hardly ever works for us, with MW or ZW. 

Bottom line, our coaching is terrible and our offensive line has fallen apart. You guys can attack my point of view, all you want. Maybe Zach never makes it in the NFL. I guess we will see. But we will not be a winning franchise if we think the QB is the problem, when we aren’t winning, without him playing. 

Also, we are starting Mike White tomorrow with a bad OL and he is already injured. What are the chances he makes it to halftime? Then it’s Flacco time. Good luck with that. 

• Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

Examples of how inept the coaching staff and offensive line is. 

Jets Rushing vs Detroit D

22 rushes 50 yds 

Carolina Rushing following week vs Detroit D

43 rushes 320 yds

Carolina Rushing prev week 

16 rushes 21 yds vs Pittsburgh 

Jets Rushing vs Jax (other than Streveler scrambles) - 11 rushes 12 yards 

conclusion - offensive line collapsed last 4 weeks.

Coaching 

6 different QB1 QB2 QB3 combinations this season

Mike White has been QB1, QB2 and Inactive

Zach Wilson has been QB1, QB2 and Inactive

Joe Flacco has been QB1, QB2 and Inactive

Mike Streveler has been QB3, inactive and started 1+ quarters vs Jacksonville  

maybe if we were a 3-12 team, you see what you have. Not when you are trying to make the playoffs  

Saleh allows:

Full Costumed players walking into the stadium before the most important game in 10 years

With 1 second left to go in the Detroit game, with a one score deficit, he calls his first timeout.

Allows most players to walk around with M F’n White t-shirts - yes MW is a good guy. But how do you allow this as a coach when you say in press conferences that Zach Wilson is our future and our guy? At that point, if you are just appeasing the media, name MW the starter and that’s it, if you are gonna allow this type of thing to happen in the clubhouse. Maybe Zach is a terrible teammate and deserves it. Then don’t put him back in to start games and expect him to lead men that have shown they don’t like him or respect him as a leader, by wearing those shirts. Let’s face it. No one showed up for Jacksonville other than Mike Streveler. 

OC 

We win games with a good running game and situational passing. We decide to put Mike White in the game and throw the ball 47 times vs Buffalo and 57 times vs Minnesota. Instead of playing our type of game, running and defense, we play right into Buffalo and Minnesota game plans.

Calls 2 roll out passes vs Detroit and the same vs Jacksonville, while knowing this is Zach Wilson’s strength and instead he calls 15 3rd downs with empty backfields. When this type of formation hardly ever works for us, with MW or ZW. 

Bottom line, our coaching is terrible and our offensive line has fallen apart. You guys can attack my point of view, all you want. Maybe Zach never makes it in the NFL. I guess we will see. But we will not be a winning franchise if we think the QB is the problem, when we aren’t winning, without him playing. 

Also, we are starting Mike White tomorrow with a bad OL and he is already injured. What are the chances he makes it to halftime? Then it’s Flacco time. Good luck with that. 

Costume thing; NHL and MLB teams have been doing it as a team bonding exercise instead of hazing for a long time.