Jump to content

Jets need a RB to step up on Sunday and his name is TY Johnson!


Nixhead

Recommended Posts

Jets need to run on the SeaHawks -  Five of the Seahawks’ last six opponents (1-5 during that stretch) have attempted at least 33 rushes — averaging 180.8 yards per game — so the blueprint is there for copying. Guess which Jet running back has the best ave this season so far - yep its TY Johnson at 6.0 yards per carry. Guess which Jets running back might have fresh legs - yep its TY Johnson. I've seen enough of Z Knight. Michael Carter isn't a workhorse. James Robinsons ship has sailed. TY can carry the load. Give the ball to TY Johnson - 20 carries and he will get us 100 yards. I've seen him do it before. TY is capable. Nobody would be expecting the Jets to run 20 times with Ty - do what they are NOT expecting. Give TY the damn ball and the Jets win the game!

  • Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A lot of the running game problems was due to Zach Wilson being on the field unfortunately. The opposing defenses could sell out on the run and and send heavy blitzes without any consequences. Zach couldn’t make teams pay. The offensive line does need to play better but the Seahawks also won’t be able to sell out like teams have done previously. The running game will magically look better on Sunday and in the post game interviews nobody will mention the actual reason why.

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

It really pisses me of that JD misfired on Robinson.  If he played as advertised we'd have won a few of these last half dozen games.  Very poor timing for a JD miss.     

At least it will turn out to be a 6th round pick we give up, and not a 5th round pick.  It would have been a 5th round pick if he gained like 280 yards during his tenure here, and I believe he only got 85 yards running from scrimmage to date. Being inactive the last few games will not allow him to gain the yards necessary to make it a 5th round pick. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Nixhead said:

Jets need to run on the SeaHawks -  Five of the Seahawks’ last six opponents (1-5 during that stretch) have attempted at least 33 rushes — averaging 180.8 yards per game — so the blueprint is there for copying. Guess which Jet running back has the best ave this season so far - yep its TY Johnson at 6.0 yards per carry. Guess which Jets running back might have fresh legs - yep its TY Johnson. I've seen enough of Z Knight. Michael Carter isn't a workhorse. James Robinsons ship has sailed. TY can carry the load. Give the ball to TY Johnson - 20 carries and he will get us 100 yards. I've seen him do it before. TY is capable. Nobody would be expecting the Jets to run 20 times with Ty - do what they are NOT expecting. Give TY the damn ball and the Jets win the game!

Bam letting @Nixhead know who will be running the rock this Sunday vs. Seattle.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, extmenace said:

A lot of the running game problems was due to Zach Wilson being on the field unfortunately. The opposing defenses could sell out on the run and and send heavy blitzes without any consequences. Zach couldn’t make teams pay. The offensive line does need to play better but the Seahawks also won’t be able to sell out like teams have done previously. The running game will magically look better on Sunday and in the post game interviews nobody will mention the actual reason why.

Mike doesn’t push the ball downfield much either. It was extreme with sack Wilson, yes , but the db’s won’t be backpedaling at the snap. Mike can’t avoid rushers so he has to get rid of it really quickly or bad things happen and the defense won’t feel threatened about being beat deep. It will be better than the jags game without a doubt but it’s unlikely to be magically much better 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

It really pisses me of that JD misfired on Robinson.  If he played as advertised we'd have won a few of these last half dozen games.  Very poor timing for a JD miss.     

That one stings for sure. But we knew he was injured goods. Hopefully he can come and get some juice flowing for us since Michael Carter is the equivalent of Ashtyn Davis on offense. AKA hot garbage.

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Nixhead said:

Jets need to run on the SeaHawks -  Five of the Seahawks’ last six opponents (1-5 during that stretch) have attempted at least 33 rushes — averaging 180.8 yards per game — so the blueprint is there for copying. Guess which Jet running back has the best ave this season so far - yep its TY Johnson at 6.0 yards per carry. Guess which Jets running back might have fresh legs - yep its TY Johnson. I've seen enough of Z Knight. Michael Carter isn't a workhorse. James Robinsons ship has sailed. TY can carry the load. Give the ball to TY Johnson - 20 carries and he will get us 100 yards. I've seen him do it before. TY is capable. Nobody would be expecting the Jets to run 20 times with Ty - do what they are NOT expecting. Give TY the damn ball and the Jets win the game!

I'm on board the problem is MLF like to run it up the midde on 2nd and 16 then throw a swing pass on 3rd and 13. He sucks lately.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, pointman said:

That one stings for sure. But we knew he was injured goods. Hopefully he can come and get some juice flowing for us since Michael Carter is the equivalent of Ashtyn Davis on offense. AKA hot garbage.

All of our backs production has dipped since the oline has been riddled with injury and starting 4th stringers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TNJet said:

He was our best RB last season just saying. He's a good complimentary back, just not a work horse every down back like Breece.

We didn't have much last year and he wasn't showing much more than hitting the 2 or 3 gap. We have Bam now. We don't need Carter back next year. And we all know RBs are one of the few places you can plug in any young guy from a D1 program and see what you got. Carter hasn't shown anything to retain him as a RB3.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, pointman said:

We didn't have much last year and he wasn't showing much more than hitting the 2 or 3 gap. We have Bam now. We don't need Carter back next year. And we all know RBs are one of the few places you can plug in any young guy from a D1 program and see what you got. Carter hasn't shown anything to retain him as a RB3.

I say he's earned atleast 1 more year to see if he's better behind a better oline considering we get healthy and draft a stud OT.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TNJet said:

I say he's earned atleast 1 more year to see if he's better behind a better oline considering we get healthy and draft a stud OT.

 

As what, rb3? Have you seen any burst? Change of direction? Breaking tackles? A second gear? I've seen nothing from him. He isn't competing for time as RB2 over Bam.

  • WTF? 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, pointman said:

As what, rb3? Have you seen any burst? Change of direction? Breaking tackles? A second gear? I've seen nothing from him. He isn't competing for time as RB2 over Bam.

Yes, yes, yes, the Bills win comes to mind....the last drive that won the game. He and Robinson drove us 80 yards. Sure as hell wasn't ZW.

  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not expecting TJ to lead the way tomorrow.  He can do his part with MW gutting it out and being the hero.

I’m grateful that our team has a chance to make the playoffs ..after losing our game-breaking running back and All Pro offensive lineman.. several weeks back.. along with our #1 QB failing miserably. 

Fun to imagine the Jets playing a “do or die” game against the Fins in week 18.

Lord knows, as Jets fans, we deserve to have that scenario play out.  
 

 


 

 

 

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Larz said:

Mike doesn’t push the ball downfield much either. It was extreme with sack Wilson, yes , but the db’s won’t be backpedaling at the snap. Mike can’t avoid rushers so he has to get rid of it really quickly or bad things happen and the defense won’t feel threatened about being beat deep. It will be better than the jags game without a doubt but it’s unlikely to be magically much better 

I agree with you, but with Zach back there defenses knew that even if Zach found the open guy it was a 50/50 chance he’d make the completion. I’m not saying we rush for 200 tomorrow but we also won’t look pathetic running the ball either. They won’t be able to leave the check downs and crossers open by sending extra guys.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...