The QB Room Next Season

I do think it's kinda weird that Mike White only gets to fall on his face once before we all have to move on from him lol. Like, QB's do have bad games. He was awful today, but I've still been impressed with him overall when he's started. With that said, Jets definitely can't go into next season with him as the QB. He doesn't have the luxury of being a top pick and will never get the same amount of rope. 

I think the ideal QB room next year would be something like Jimmy G/Mike White/2nd round pick (Hendon Hooker maybe?)

• Ugh 1

1 hour ago, pointman said:

White is trash. There is no reason to retain him. He is what he is and won't get better. 

Flacco retired years ago.

Zach is under his rookie deal that is fully guaranteed. No reason to dump him unless someone gives up a 1 for him and no one will.

Strevelator deserves a chance on the depth chart, but I am sure someone will steal him. 

We need 2 real QBs to be brought in.

Strev was on the PS the entire year.  Any team could've taken him. 

52 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I do think it's kinda weird that Mike White only gets to fall on his face once before we all have to move on from him lol. Like, QB's do have bad games. He was awful today, but I've still been impressed with him overall when he's started. With that said, Jets definitely can't go into next season with him as the QB. He doesn't have the luxury of being a top pick and will never get the same amount of rope. 

I think the ideal QB room next year would be something like Jimmy G/Mike White/2nd round pick (Hendon Hooker maybe?)

He’s just not that good.  His ceiling is Ryan Fitzpatrick.  His picks today both were very bad decisions 

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Strev was on the PS the entire year.  Any team could've taken him. 

Now and when the new season kicks off is different imo. People going with what they got and know. Once new leadership, player transactions, retirements, trades happen... The Strev will look mighty fine. Especially after he lights it up next week.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

Jacoby Brissett, Jarrett Stidham, Anthony Richardson. Steady veteran, veteran who might have a tick of upside, developmental guy.

First two compete for the job. If one of them gets hurt, bring in Josh Johnson. Richardson never sees the field. Start building an offense that’ll function around Richardson’s skill set before he hits the field.

Honestly there’s a lot of options for next season but I’d like to see Brissett in the room. He’s played for like $5M a year recently and he’s a competent NFL quarterback.

• More Ugh 1

1 hour ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I do think it's kinda weird that Mike White only gets to fall on his face once before we all have to move on from him lol. Like, QB's do have bad games. He was awful today, but I've still been impressed with him overall when he's started… 

Once? How many of his starts has he won? He may be here next year if he takes a cheap contract. And Zach is on a fully guaranteed rookie contract. Zach isn’t going anywhere. And I have never been a Zach fan.

Next year it’s Jimmy G/Carr, Zach, and MAYBE White.

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I'd be perfectly happy with a total clean sweep.

If any one is going to be retained it will be Wilson.  At least he is like 23 and the gm who picked him will be hesitant to totally toss him.

White, flacco and strev can all go.

No matter who they keep of the guys here now none of them had better be the starter, the jets have to go and get someone viable.

I'd add to that that ANYONE on the offense side of the ball who has anything to do with the QB room (including MLF) gets their pink slips.   You gotta purge the taint and show all the rest that sh!t flows down hill.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, VJphillyfan said:

He’s just not that good.  His ceiling is Ryan Fitzpatrick.  His picks today both were very bad decisions 

He's probably just a league average QB but I don't know why the Jets would throw away a 27 year old guy who is competent at the position considering our track record with Quarterbacks. He was really bad today but he's had good games as well. I just wouldn't get rid of him is all. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Ugh 2
  • More Ugh 1

11 minutes ago, viffer said:

Once? How many of his starts has he won? He may be here next year if he takes a cheap contract. And Zach is on a fully guaranteed rookie contract. Zach isn’t going anywhere. And I have never been a Zach fan.

Next year it’s Jimmy G/Carr, Zach, and MAYBE White.

I don't judge a QB solely on wins and losses. By that measure Zach should still be playing then and we know how bad he was. White probably has a low ceiling but he's competent at the position. He was really bad today though. I think he needs to be on the team next year backing up whoever they decide to go out and get to be the starter. I think they will try and trade Zach.

• WTF? 1
  • Ugh 1

2 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

I think after today, injury or not, the Mike White being a starter fantasy is dead. I wouldn't mind him  back as a back up on a cheap contract, but I think that's where it stops. 

Wilson looks like a complete bust, unclear if he will be brought back or dumped. I wouldn't cry over him being QB3 if MLF is fired and they think someone else can develop him. Wouldn't care if he gets dumped either.

Flacco is finished, Strev is a waste of a roster spot.

I think a vet will be brought in. Douglas and Saleh will be feeling the heat to win. The honeymoon is over.

Realistically I think the position could look something like

Carr/Jimmy G QB1

Mike White QB2

Zach Wilson QB3

Late round Developmental Pick QB4

What is everyone else's thoughts?

No. An expensive vet is not the way to go for this team as we will need to install a completely new system and the offense has a zillion holes.

Retain Zach, draft a QB try to get a mid-range guy for a year to hold the fort. Inquire about Jordan Love since Rodgers is not going anywhere. No To Carr. the always injured Jimmy G, Lamar (gag)

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

This team cannot trot out a Wilson/MW/JAG trio again. Ffs come on.

I dont consider someone like Carr a jag. He would be the best qb in jets history with his stats. And I expect a mid/late round qb unless JD decides to trade the farm for one of the top guys in the draft but that doesnt seem likely.

You think they're going to completely change all the QBs on the roster in 1 season? Doesnt seem too likely but you never know.

Its very possible only 1 of white or wilson come back next season though. 

• Thumb Down 1

19 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

He's probably just a league average QB but I don't know why the Jets would throw away a 27 year old guy who is competent at the position considering our track records with Quarterbacks. He was really bad today but he's had good games as well. I just wouldn't get rid of him is all. 

Sign Brady and resign White to be the backup 

• Ugh 3

22 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

He's probably just a league average QB but I don't know why the Jets would throw away a 27 year old guy who is competent at the position considering our track records with Quarterbacks. He was really bad today but he's had good games as well. I just wouldn't get rid of him is all. 

Last year White had more picks than TDs and got injured.

This year White has more picks than TDs and got injured.

Maybe…. He just sucks?

• Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Last year White had more picks than TDs and got injured.

This year White has more picks than TDs and got injured.

Maybe…. He just sucks?

Why does he suck? He's had 2 awful games and 5 that were decent to very good. Nobody is trying to tell you that he is John Elway or Peyton Manning. But he's competent at the position. 

• WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 1

Value?!?
Yes!

We can get a 5th rd pick I reckon for him this off-season...if we went another year as him being QB3 with little game time we won't get any compensation at all. Rather trade and make cap room for a QB like Carr, Jimmy G or we make a big swoop for Lamar if his negotiations w Baltimore break down.

Sent from my M2102J20SG using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

0-3 1 TD 5 picks in 3 must win games just had a 47 rating against a GARBAGE DEFENSE

We’re still doing this?

LMFAO

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

I think after today, injury or not, the Mike White being a starter fantasy is dead. I wouldn't mind him  back as a back up on a cheap contract, but I think that's where it stops. 

Wilson looks like a complete bust, unclear if he will be brought back or dumped. I wouldn't cry over him being QB3 if MLF is fired and they think someone else can develop him. Wouldn't care if he gets dumped either.

Flacco is finished, Strev is a waste of a roster spot.

I think a vet will be brought in. Douglas and Saleh will be feeling the heat to win. The honeymoon is over.

Realistically I think the position could look something like

Carr/Jimmy G QB1

Mike White QB2

Zach Wilson QB3

Late round Developmental Pick QB4

What is everyone else's thoughts?

I think you are spot on but they will let White walk and take a mid round QB to be QB3. 

Lefleur Stays

- Jimmy G

- Zach

- Mid Round QB

Lefleur Fired (Frank Reich?)

- Carr

- Zach

- Mid Round QB

If we don't land one of Carr or Jimmy, I'm not sure what the plan will be. I don't want Brady/Rodgers but can see how that would buy Zach another year. Jordan Love would seem like an interesting scenario given the Lefleur connection and the compensation likely being conditional based on performace.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

I dont consider someone like Carr a jag.

Carr would be a huge mistake.  Like trading for a post-Buffalo Fitzpatrick. Or the Jets trading for Neil O'Donnell. lol.

9 year Vet, only 2 winning seasons, clearly on the downside of his career?  

He would be the best qb in jets history with his stats.

His stats in his best year, perhaps.  Not now.

And I expect a mid/late round qb unless JD decides to trade the farm for one of the top guys in the draft but that doesnt seem likely.

I expect Zach Wilson to be back as the #1 week 1 with no real competition. 

But I'm a dedicated cynic.

You think they're going to completely change all the QBs on the roster in 1 season? Doesnt seem too likely but you never know.

I think they should.

I don't think they will.

Its very possible only 1 of white or wilson come back next season though. 

I'd bet Wilson.

• Upvote 2

If we want Carr it has to happen very quickly according to nfl.com if the raiders are moving him it has to be very soon.

"Decisions on Carr will have to come quickly. Based on the terms of his three-year, $121.5 million extension he signed before the season, his $32.9 million base salary for 2023 and an additional $7.5 million of his 2024 base becomes fully guaranteed if he's on the roster on the third day of the waiver period -- or three days after the Super Bowl."

Can’t keep Mike White around. Means you have to give him a contract and he hasn’t done anything to deserve one. Get a vet QB. Keep ZW as #2 and Strev as #3 active with a running package that you will actually use. Possibly draft a QB in the 4th or 5th round. But only if you trash MW. 

• WTF? 1