This is why LaFleur has to go

I think the cleanest way to go about developing a QB is by starting him from scratch in a system built to accentuate his talents, I don't think LaFleur is that guy, and hopefully the offense has enough talented young pieces to make that an intriguing proposition for a talented offensive coach. I'd love to nab someone off the Eagles' tree that seems to adjust on the fly a lot and built a nice unit around Hurts.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

I’m all for making changes but blaming the OC is passing off the blame of the real issues. Not having a quarterback is squarely on Joe Douglas. 

But this is also true.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Of course it’s the Qb.  But MLF’s job was to develop him.  Beyond that, where is the discipline?  The passion?  The urgency (ever hear of no huddle)?

Have you ever felt that MLF ever out game planned anyone?

How well have LaFleur’s first drive scripts worked?

How many times have you seen the offense break down when in rhythm with questionable play calling?  Using Berrios as a primary reviver in the red zone.

Zach Wilson has gotten worse since his rookie year.

Elijah Moore has gotten worse since his rookie year.

Denzel Mims has gotten worse since his rookie year.

Michael Carter has gotten worse since his rookie year.

Braxton Berrios has gotten worse since signing his contract.

Laken Tomlinson has been a no show.

Much of this has been independent of QB play.

Heck- get rid of the entire offensive coaching staff.  

All this can be rectified with better qb play. Seriously. We played with bottom 5 qb play.  Maybe Mike is a bad OC. Hard to tell when you have no qb. Just like all the other non playoff teams. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, RESNewYork said:

All this can be rectified with better qb play. Seriously. We played with bottom 5 qb play.  Maybe Mike is a bad OC. Hard to tell when you have no qb. Just like all the other non playoff teams. 

Yes, but I’m listing things that are also huge red flags.  Listen we need to first solve the QB issue, no doubt.  BUT we also need to critically evaluate MLF.  I’m not scapegoating, I’m just looking to upgrade key areas in addition to the obvious QB and OLine.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Look at what Aaron rogers and Daniel Jones had to throw to... we need a qb

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, RESNewYork said:

Every team not making the playoffs is blaming the OC right now. Its the QB

We have played 4 QBs and the story is mostly the same.

Last year, the only time ZW got better is when they brought in his coach to help out and he was looking good.

Alone - 4 QBs failed; the 2 starters regressed quite a bit - with help from a better coach, ZW showed improvement - but yeah, the OC is great.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Of course it’s the QB.  But MLF’s job was to develop him.  Beyond that, where is the discipline?  The passion?  The urgency (ever hear of no huddle)?

Have you ever felt that MLF ever out game planned anyone?

How well have LaFleur’s first drive scripts worked?

How many times have you seen the offense break down when in rhythm with questionable play calling?  Losing yardage when getting cute, penalties, using Berrios as a primary receiver in the red zone.

Zach Wilson has gotten worse since his rookie year.

Elijah Moore has gotten worse since his rookie year.

Denzel Mims has gotten worse since his rookie year.

Michael Carter has gotten worse since his rookie year.

Braxton Berrios has gotten worse since signing his contract.

Laken Tomlinson has been a no show since signing his contract.

Our OLine has the worst communication I’ve seen.  We continue to be a joke understanding assignments in blitzes & stunts.

Much of this has been independent of QB play.

Heck- get rid of the entire offensive coaching staff.  

No sense of urgency.. never in 2 years. Wtf are they thinking in practice?

If we have retarded coaches, how do we develop young players? You don’t. They regress.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

To all the OC defenders, what is MiLF good at?

It isn't the running game, nor red zone offense, scheming players open, or play design, so please be specific.

Because at the end of the day, the Jets scored 4 TDs in the past 5 games. While the QB play deserves some blame, the running game produced 1 TD and that falls squarely on the OC.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, RESNewYork said:

Serious question, do you think everyone should be back next year? 

1 hour ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

1. Zach has gotten so much worse from his first start 

2. He had input into bringing Flacco back.  That by itself deserves firing

3. The Jets constantly fall apart as they enter scoring range or the red zone

4. The offense is undisciplined.  How many penalties on first down to move us backward?

5. The Jets are near the top of the league in plays for no or negative yardage

6. Horrible 3rd down conversion percentage

7. This offense is good at nothing.

8. Who has gotten better under his coaching?  

9. Where is the passion from the players?

Bye, bye.  I’ve seen more than enough.

Where does the Head Coach’s blame in all of this?

• Post of the Week 1

Maybe this was mentioned, but if you bring in an established vet qb, you're either going to have to build the offense around him or try and fit him into the existing scheme...I can't see the jets trying to make the new guy fit into the existing scheme, whatever we want to call it... so you'd think Lafleur is a goner

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

1. Zach has gotten so much worse from his first start 

2. He had input into bringing Flacco back.  That by itself deserves firing

3. The Jets constantly fall apart as they enter scoring range or the red zone

4. The offense is undisciplined.  How many penalties on first down to move us backward?

5. The Jets are near the top of the league in plays for no or negative yardage

6. Horrible 3rd down conversion percentage

7. This offense is good at nothing.

8. Who has gotten better under his coaching?  

9. Where is the passion from the players?

Bye, bye.  I’ve seen more than enough.

I don't  think all of this is on MLF but the bogging down in the red zone is. Also, not taking shots down field. I will say a lot of the injuries to the OL have effected things as well as MW's inability to play through his rib injury. 

4 minutes ago, JonMcgraw38 said:

His defense also didn’t show up though. Pretty much the whole team looks like crap. 

But in the end they only allowed 23 points, this offense scored 9 points the past 2 games. That's with 3 different QBs, with a total 141 rushing yards in both games. MiLF had 10 days to game plan for this game and this is what we got to watch.

• Ugh 1

- Bad QB Play

- Bad OC Adjustments to Roster

- Bad Play from Tomlinson/Injuries

This is kinda how I rank the issues we are seeing. Ultimately this is a reflection of Douglas' decisions and can understand people laying the blame on him. I do think we bring in Frank Reich, Zach isn't going anywhere next season so may as well hope to develop him.

If Lafleur is gone, I think Douglas goes for Carr as option 1 (can be signed before FA) and then Jimmy G will be option 2. Outside of them we are probably looking at Zach + vet familiar with new offense.

• Upvote 1

I'm starting to agree with you. And I hate the knee jerk "fire him" reaction. The offense is predictable, never accentuated players strengths, and is clearly to complicated for this group of players to successfully execute. Lafleur refuses to change anything.

Question is can Saleh fire his buddy?

6 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

I'm starting to agree with you. And I hate the knee jerk "fire him" reaction. The offense is predictable, never accentuated players strengths, and is clearly to complicated for this group of players to successfully execute. Lafleur refuses to change anything.

Question is can Saleh fire his buddy?

The answer to that question depends on whether Woody and/or Douglas say to Bobby that his continued employment as head coach of the Jets is contingent on him firing LaFleur.

ok fire LaFluer..... so whos the next OC? 

you guys want Saleh fired too?  ok i know 2 guys who have experience who are available. Matt Rhule and Joe Brady.

wait what? you dont what them cause they suck? well who do you think your getting if you want experience? someone who sucked somewhere else.

new guy? yeah we can take a chance on that. another unexperienced guy. 

or we can give MLF one more year with a new QB. cause today and alot with Zach i have seen alot of open guys either not seen over had balls thrown poorly to them. 

this regime just double our win totals. i know it ended badly but when it was good they were calling the shots too.

and this is a blessing in disguise. we now know White isnt the guy. that we have to bring in a serious QB next year.