"We dont need Carr....resign mike white"

4 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Why don't you include the Bears game? He basically had a bad first half against the Vikings leading into this game.

He had one good game all season against a trash defense. He was bad against antother terrible D against the Vikings he was meh against the bills who have s good D and really bad today against a mediocre D. One good game does not mean he’s been playing well. Being better than the trash can zach does not mean he’s been playing well 

3 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

He had one good game all season against a trash defense. He was bad against antother terrible D against the Vikings he was meh against the bills who have s good D and really bad today against a mediocre D. One good game does not mean he’s been playing well. Being better than the trash can zach does not mean he’s been playing well 

White is still better than your hero Zachopono 

2 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

He was not bad against the Vikings or Bills. He was solid in both of those games. He was bad in the 1st half against the Vikings and got it going in the 2nd half. He was great against the Bears. Who cares if the Bears stink? He still played great in that game. He was awful today. He struggles to put the team in the end zone.  

1 minute ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

He was not bad against the Vikings or Bills. He was solid in both of those games. He was bad in the 1st half against the Vikings and got it going in the 2nd half. He was great against the Bears. Who cares if the Bears stink? He still played great in that game. He was awful today. He struggles to put the team in the end zone.  

55 comp % with 0 passing tds against the Vikings who have the #32 pass D in the league is solid to you? Not very high standards my dude 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, VJphillyfan said:

Not sure why you’re gloating. All I ever said was he was way better than Zach which would make him average.  I have been saying sign Brady or Carr the entire time

Being better than the worst starter in the league does not make him average…

Just now, BurntDice said:

55 comp % with 0 passing tds against the Vikings who have the #32 pass D in the league is solid to you? Not very high standards my dude 

55% is not a good number but he made a number of big throws in that game for a ton of yards, especially in the 2nd half. The 2nd pick was a desperation throw into the end zone. If he was completing 55% of his passes every week that would be a problem but against the Bears and Bills he completed 79% and 61% of his passes respectively.

Today he was bad. The other games he was not, in my opinion. I guess it's subjective though. 

3 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

55% is not a good number but he made a number of big throws in that game for a ton of yards, especially in the 2nd half. The 2nd pick was a desperation throw into the end zone. If he was completing 55% of his passes every week that would be a problem but against the Bears and Bills he completed 79% and 61% of his passes respectively.

Today he was bad. The other games he was not, in my opinion. I guess it's subjective though. 

For me personally I think yards are a very overblown stat. TDs and comp % are much more important. He threw it for 57 times that game. Flacco had 900 yards in 3 games this year and everyone trashed him. 

35 minutes ago, Barton said:

White with a bad game, no question. Likely due to the broken ribs, though. He's never made throws like this before, so do the math. 

Mike White’s last 3 games, the Jets offense has exactly 2 TDs.  White has been injured in 2 out of his 7 starts.  Lastly, he absolutely does have a history of throwing reckless interceptions.  

White is OK, a quality back-up.  Case Keenum is having a respectable career that way.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Two years in a row, a huge first game, then injuries and increasingly ineffective play. Almost like once the league gets a couple of games of footage of him each season, the going gets very tough.

Let him go elsewhere.  Try to bring in a starting quality vet and, if they can deal Wilson, draft a young guy to develop.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TheClashFan said:

Two years in a row, a huge first game, then injuries and increasingly ineffective play. Almost like once the league gets a couple of games of footage of him each season, the going gets very tough.

Let him go elsewhere.  Try to bring in a starting quality vet and, if they can deal Wilson, draft a young guy to develop.

Exactly. I hope the best for him, but I’m a Jets fan and want to win. He hasn’t proven to be anything beyond a decent backup. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Mike White’s last 3 games, the Jets offense has exactly 2 TDs.  White has been injured in 2 out of his 7 starts.  Lastly, he absolutely does have a history of throwing reckless interceptions.  

White is OK, a quality back-up.  Case Keenum is having a respectable career that way.

Small sample size + coaching incompetence, as well though. We dont know what Mike White is yet.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Draft a QB every year until you get it right. 

Wont matter when the organization has no idea how to develop QBs.

Guys like Darnold, Wilson, Sanchez etc - never should have played as rookies or maybe even their 2nd year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, RoadFan said:

It is quite obvious that he isn’t good enough as a passer to succeed when he presents zero threat to run… 

So what about those games when he did really well throwing the ball?

He's had 2 clunkers his starting career. Last year vs Bills and now vs the Seahawks with broken ribs. 

I prefer Carr but I admire what Mike White did today.

Not because of his awful play on the field, but because he put a lot of money on the line playing hurt. He did it for the team.

No other QB option gave us a chance. Obviously it turned out injured Mike White didn't give us a chance either but I appreciate that he was willing to try in that position. We needed healthy MW.

Now go get Carr and maybe we can get White on the cheap as his backup.

• Upvote 2

So what about those games when he did really well throwing the ball?
He's had 2 clunkers his starting career. Last year vs Bills and now vs the Seahawks with broken ribs. 
His ribs were cleared for contact .. where you been brah ?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Just now, Dunnie said:

His ribs were cleared for contact .. where you been brah ?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Doesnt mean it doesnt affect the ability to throw, though.

Did he look loose and natural throwing the ball? IMO, he did not. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I prefer Carr but I admire what Mike White did today.

Not because of his awful play on the field, but because he put a lot of money on the line playing hurt. He did it for the team.

No other QB option gave us a chance. Obviously it turned out injured Mike White didn't give us a chance either but I appreciate that he was willing to try in that position. We needed healthy MW.

Now go get Carr and maybe we can get White on the cheap as his backup.

I understand the money on the line, he is playing for a contract.  Not buying the ribs excuse as a major factor today, tho.    

I didn’t see White wince, not even when he got hit.  Even if the ribs were somewhat of a problem, which I can concede, his decision making wasn’t good either.   

Carr has to be the #1 choice, agreed on that.