"We dont need Carr....resign mike white"

2 hours ago, mrcoops said:

At least it will be cheap to re-sign White as the backup.

Get a veteran, re-sign White as backup, Zach or a rookie in the developmental spot.

I wouldn't even do that. White offers this team nothing. He can only win games one way -and that is to play almost perfect "system" football. He cannot beat you with his legs, he cannot beat you deep, he is terrible at 2 min, he is terrible in the red zone, he is not durable, and has thrown 12 interceptions in 8 games. White gave us a couple great feel good the stars in alignment games. But he is a 3rd QB/PS type of player.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Was it wrong to be impressed with Mike White leading up to this game or something? Not like he hadn't been playing well. 

The reality is the hatred of Zach is so strong that people were ignoring everything remotely even questionable about White. He is just not very good. He cannot win long terrm

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, RoadFan said:

I understand the money on the line, he is playing for a contract.  Not buying the ribs excuse as a major factor today, tho.    

I didn’t see White wince, not even when he got hit.  Even if the ribs were somewhat of a problem, which I can concede, his decision making wasn’t good either.   

Carr has to be the #1 choice, agreed on that.

He was repeatedly missing routine passes he normally hits. What else do you attribute that to? How many times was the word "sailed" used during the broadcast?

4 hours ago, Barton said:

White with a bad game, no question. Likely due to the broken ribs, though. He's never made throws like this before, so do the math. 

He was off today, the ribs were a big factor no doubt.

His durability is an issue though which is why I don't see him back next year unless the price is right for the Jets.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Come March, Jets fans will learn to stop simping for turds and embrace Tom Brady once he signs.

So it’s a wrap.

We’ll go with the washed up 47yo QB, because there’s this one guy on the board who keeps telling us he knows it will work out.

What could go wrong?

15 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

So it’s a wrap.

We’ll go with the washed up 47yo QB, because there’s this one guy on the board who keeps telling us he knows it will work out.

What could go wrong?

LOL Brady just threw for over 400 yards and 3 TD’s today while completing 75% of his passes.

Jets fans have been saying Brady is “washed” for a decade now and they continually slump away, head tucked down with egg on their faces while he averages another ring every 3 years.

• Upvote 2

These Mike White truthers some of you weirdos think you are "owning" don't even exist....people were pushing for White to play because WIlson is the biggest bust in draft history and White was and still is the best QB on the team....this was his audition for next year and he failed so now we move on because the goal is winning not dick riding QBs.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, undertow said:

These Mike White truthers some of you weirdos think you are "owning" don't even exist....people were pushing for White to play because WIlson is the biggest bust in draft history and White was and still is the best QB on the team....this was his audition for next year and he failed so now we move on because the goal is winning not dick riding QBs.

Zach Beliebers celebrating White’s demise.  Now they are trying to indirectly argue Sean freaking Payton can somehow fix their bust

Carr doesn't fix a coaching staff that's in over it's heads... There are so many good players on this team, that competent coaching takes us to the next level. I'm not saying we don't need a new QB as well, but I don't want it to be Carr...  

14 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

Carr doesn't fix a coaching staff that's in over it's heads... There are so many good players on this team, that competent coaching takes us to the next level. I'm not saying we don't need a new QB as well, but I don't want it to be Carr...  

I think the #1 priority for JD this offseason is to NOT create a "Russell Wilson in Denver" situation.

12 hours ago, KINGDIRK said:

Is it possible Zach is so bad, with Mike White all season we would have made the playoffs this year.

However White still not long term answer at QB.

Can’t both be true? Likely true?

I despise these hypothetical. If this and if that. White's MO has always been to look like a HOF, follow that with an ok game, but a loss, followed by a stinker, followed by injury (or something of the sort.) Reality is that there was no starting caliber QB on this team. Or possibly that this staff never developed one. I do not see a good qb on this team making a difference until a capable coaching staff is assembled. 

13 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Mike White’s last 3 games, the Jets offense has exactly 2 TDs.  White has been injured in 2 out of his 7 starts.  Lastly, he absolutely does have a history of throwing reckless interceptions.  

White is OK, a quality back-up.  Case Keenum is having a respectable career that way.

And not a single passing TD to go with 4 ints , but more importantly all losses .