Jump to content

The legion of Mike White officially died today in Seattle


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, nyjets1969 said:

Now the insanity of the fan base and the NY press belief that Mike White was franchise QB can finally die. Now this front office get back to the business acquire a Vet like Carr or whoever that can actually get this team to a championship and maybe sit Zach for a year try to salvage or draft someone. Now we can stop with Mike White as the solution at QB.

Yeah, that's the problem.... 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, jetsons said:

The legion of Mike White officially died today in Seattle...

???... I think you meant "legend" ?... but yeah, your premise is still correct. ?

Typo texting on my phone spell checker can't shut it off if someone can fix it that would be great. I was typing g so fast just wanted to vent.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes it did, my belief in him is gone, finished, as over as it is for Zach Wilson. Also, Robert Saleh is also a fraud, he has made some of the worst timed QB decisions in one season that I have ever seen a head coach make. Starting with when Wilson got hurt in the 1st quarter of the 1st Pre season game.  You guys know what he did, who he chose to start, Then leaving Wilson in those games against NE-cost us the season

Link to comment
Share on other sites

MW didn’t look like he could breathe without pain. Maybe he didn’t take a pain shot today bc he’s got twins under 2 at home.

This is on Jets brass. Not Mike White. If you have a successful organization, you aren’t counting on your 3rd stringer to begin the season to save you in a playoff race. Sad thing is I think a healthy Mike White might have saved them. We’ll never know bc Jets brass failed on every level possible. 

  • Thumb Down 2
  • Ugh 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nyjets1969 said:

Now the insanity of the fan base and the NY press belief that Mike White was franchise QB can finally die. Now this front office get back to the business acquire a Vet like Carr or whoever that can actually get this team to a championship and maybe sit Zach for a year try to salvage or draft someone. Now we can stop with Mike White as the solution at QB.

Odd victory lap to take, but ok.

And no, sitting Zach will never amount to anything, he should be cut/traded as immediately as is possible. 

And anyone who wanted him can go right along with him IMO.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He was obviously stiff and the ribs were bothering him. The answer to the question of why Flacco didn’t play is probably because the playoffs weren’t really the goal. Getting MW these types of reps was the goal. 
did Saleh look stressed out and worried about his career? Not to me. 
As outrageous and bizarre as it is I think a decision was made to give MW the reps and winning was secondary 

the other explanation is that they were paying Flacco and using a roster spot on him with no intention of playing him unless white and Streveler both got hurt. 
 

Flacco began the year as QB2. It’s ******* nuts what happened this year. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mfw was a long shot. He needed to win out to be truly considered the jets starter for next season. He didn’t get the job done. The tape will tell if he was making the right reads in which case the blame will fall mainly on the oline and bad run game. And then there are the plays. Lafleur play calling needs to be objectively examined. It seems too often the runners get stuffed at the line.

finally saleh needs to take some heat. Sure the jets were only supposed to win 7 but that doesn’t mean they have a 6 game losing streak when in the middle of a playoff race. Look at Detroit or even the patsies. Neither of those teams should even be in the hunt right now but they are.  And remember that this late season fold is what got mangini fired after season 3.  Funny they played Seattle that season too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, DireJet said:

MW didn’t look like he could breathe without pain. Maybe he didn’t take a pain shot today bc he’s got twins under 2 at home.

This is on Jets brass. Not Mike White. If you have a successful organization, you aren’t counting on your 3rd stringer to begin the season to save you in a playoff race. Sad thing is I think a healthy Mike White might have saved them. We’ll never know bc Jets brass failed on every level possible.                                                                       ^   ^     ^                                                                

BTW DJ, my puking has nothing to do with your post, it is a result of  this^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

wait im not convinced what was his stat line?

what was his release time?

did his release time not help the OL or was the OL always bad?

how did all the other great QB do against Seattle?

did his ribs really hurt or were they all lying?

can someone please use their subscription to PFF get me some information?

 

 

He sucked. He’s terrible. Period. He got lucky he played the worst defense in the NFL in the Bears or otherwise he wouldn’t have been everyone’s franchise QB. 3 straight games of 0 TDS. And Seattle was NFLs 29th rank D going into todays game. Guys open all day. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Larz said:

He was obviously stiff and the ribs were bothering him. The answer to the question of why Flacco didn’t play is probably because the playoffs weren’t really the goal. Getting MW these types of reps was the goal. 
did Saleh look stressed out and worried about his career? Not to me. 
As outrageous and bizarre as it is I think a decision was made to give MW the reps and winning was secondary 

the other explanation is that they were paying Flacco and using a roster spot on him with no intention of playing him unless white and Streveler both got hurt. 
 

Flacco began the year as QB2. It’s ******* nuts what happened this year. 

Nah. They wanted to win and MW is too proud and stoic to admit he was hurting. As soon as live bodies were threatening his life, it was a different ballgame. It’s all sad. And it’s all true. Saleh — and, more importantly, JD — must answer for it. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DireJet said:

Nah. They wanted to win and MW is too proud and stoic to admit he was hurting. As soon as live bodies were threatening his life, it was a different ballgame. It’s all sad. And it’s all true. Saleh — and, more importantly, JD — must answer for it. 

It was obvious he wasn’t right by the 3rd pass. A team trying to win brings in the backup by the first drive in the 3rd at the latest. His power and velocity were down about 30%. 
y’all need to stop making this a chuck norris thing lol   Remember when Parcells stepped on chrebets ankle or whatever it was to test it ? MW is not the first guy to try to play hurt. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

It was obvious he wasn’t right by the 3rd pass. A team trying to win brings in the backup by the first drive in the 3rd at the latest. His power and velocity were down about 30%. 
y’all need to stop making this a chuck norris thing lol   Remember when Parcells stepped on chrebets ankle or whatever it was to test it ? MW is not the first guy to try to play hurt. 

You think the Jets honestly weren’t trying to win? They haven’t been to the playoffs in 12 years!!!! This isn’t **** around time. Jobs are on the line. They thought an injured MW gave them the best chance. 

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

MW was sacrificed to protect Zach.   Jets management was never in on MW and are still all in on developing Zach.

MW should never have been put back in against the Bills and he shouldn’t have played today.  He was not right today.   They should have gone with Flacco and Strevler today.  
 

I think they wanted MW to fail.  It made me uncomfortable watching it.

  • Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

MW was sacrificed to protect Zach.   Jets management was never in on MW and are still all in on developing Zach.
MW should never have been put back in against the Bills and he shouldn’t have played today.  He was not right today.   They should have gone with Flacco and Strevler today.  
 
I think they wanted MW to fail.  It made me uncomfortable watching it.
Funny .. I felt the same way about Zach .. kid should have never been un-red-shirted last year. ******* hell the Jets FO is perennially bad.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Most of us knew MW wasn't the answer.  Hopefully the delusional group of obtuse, self-proclaimed geniuses will now crawl back into the hole they came out of.  It was really getting old. 

We simply need a veteran QB who can move the ball downfield and control the clock (or at least half of it).  Even a good defense will eventually run out of gas.  If Derek Carr is the best we can do, so be it, anything is better than what we currently have.  RIP Mike White.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I'm not making excuses for White, but he's started, what 8 games?

Why isn't he allowed to grow and have set backs? 

He’s been in the league for over 5 years with multiple teams.  There is a reason that he has never been a starter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...