That was quite possibly the most disappointing display I have ever seen.

hawk

36 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

For me, the first was Parcells in Denver.  The 2nd and 3rd were the Rams and Cleveland losing to us in 2020.  

Yeah, Curtis fumbling 3x when he hadn't done that ever. They simply came out and outplayed us physically. I believe we were up 10-0 at the half and they came out and kicked our arse. 

1 minute ago, usapaw said:

Yeah, Curtis fumbling 3x when he hadn't done that ever. They simply came out and outplayed us physically. I believe we were up 10-0 at the half and they came out and kicked our arse. 

We were up 3-0 at half.  We blocked a punt for a TD early in the 2nd half.  Then everything collapsed.

11 minutes ago, Jolot said:

Ironic , Saleh is looking more and more like the defensive Coslet every day . With JD playing the role of Dick Steinberg. I remember being pumped about Coslet as well the first 2 years . This game was a bit like the Houston Oiler week 16 loss back in the day . 

Led to a classic Francesa rant the next day. Vintage stuff.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Larz said:

You blocked out Pennington being dumped like the trash on the millennium falcon and coming back to beat us to win the division the only year Brady missed eh ?

I liked Mangini and thought they were on the right track regardless. I was never a big Pennington believer after all the injuries

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Just like 96/97, you get a good coaching staff in here and things look a hell of a lot better, quickly. Saleh and his staff are putrid. Its easy to blame the QB, but there is a lot more wrong with this team than the QB

Or you fire Carroll after he loses down the stretch, to bring in your hand-picked coach (not named Payton who isn't coming to this sh*tshow, neither is Harbaugh).  Then you get Kotite, rinse and repeat for a couple of years before you clean house and beg a big coach to run the whole thing.

50 minutes ago, Coquito said:

I think what puts this one into the top 3 is the prospect of the future is so damn bleak. I'm not seeing a way out that even has the potential of being better. 

Given the total no show down the stretch this ws easily top 3. Win a few games, totally different.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Top three worst Jets loss I’ve ever experienced. First was Parcells in Denver with the Curtis Martin fumble. Not sure what #2 was—probably something with Pennington. This was #3 though. Every question we had about this current group was answered in the negative.

#2 was win and in last game of the year vs. ravens in the Al Groh year.   Jets took an early lead and were driving at the end of the half and Vinny threw a pick 6 with a 100 return.   The Jets then gave up 2 punt return TD's in the 2nd half to completely collapse with the playoffs on the line.    In addition to knocking the jets out of the playoffs this game also gave us the Herm Edwards era.

• Upvote 1

So many points down the stretch; somebody make a play, show up, make a difference. Never happened; the thief Berrios dropping a  certain game-winning TD in Minnesota. The Lions game all 4th quarter and giving up the proverbial 4th down pass to a TE totally uncovered. And the 2 no shows this week and last. 

Somebody, anybody, make a fecking play.

Never happened. 

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

#2 was win and in last game of the year vs. ravens in the Al Groh year.   Jets took an early lead and were driving at the end of the half and Vinny threw a pick 6 with a 100 return.   The Jets then gave up 2 punt return TD's in the 2nd half to completely collapse with the playoffs on the line.    In addition to knocking the jets out of the playoffs this game also gave us the Herm Edwards era.

Think either the Victor Cruz game or Gastineau's brain fart are up there. So many to choose from. 

1 hour ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Just like 96/97, you get a good coaching staff in here and things look a hell of a lot better, quickly. Saleh and his staff are putrid. Its easy to blame the QB, but there is a lot more wrong with this team than the QB

Certainly it's not the Offensive Coordinator's fault  ?

Top three worst Jets loss I’ve ever experienced. First was Parcells in Denver with the Curtis Martin fumble. Not sure what #2 was—probably something with Pennington. This was #3 though. Every question we had about this current group was answered in the negative.

82/83 afc championship game where Shula flooded the field before the game still hurts the most.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, Vader said:

Saleh gave up. He said it last week. "It's not about the playoffs."

Actually, that is exactly what it was always about. 

This actually reminds me of 2009 in reverse.  Rex says we've missed the playoffs and then we backdoor our way into them.  Ah, the good old days...:) 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I feel like some of you guys just started watching the jets. This isn’t even close to the most embarrassing display by the jets

if your a real jets fan todays performance was expected. 

Jets always lose must win games and win ones with nothing to play for. Now that next week is meaningless, 200 to nothing, Jets.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Vader said:

Saleh gave up. He said it last week. "It's not about the playoffs."

Actually, that is exactly what it was always about. 

Guy is utterly clueless

if its not about the playoffs you start Zach Wilson

and evidently, if it IS about the playoffs, YOU STILL START ZACH WILSON!

2 hours ago, Coquito said:

I think what puts this one into the top 3 is the prospect of the future is so damn bleak. I'm not seeing a way out that even has the potential of being better. 

What on earth are you talking about

the team is LOADED with young talent

its a quick fix - fire LaFloor get a OC with a brain who can develop a QB and ride Zach Wilson in to the playoffs next year

4 hours ago, hawk said:

Especially as a theoretical playoff game, but real enough for the team.

Serious question, how long have you been a fan? I am not defending the game or the effort in any way. I have just seen so many bad things I don't even know how to rank them anymore.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Serious question, how long have you been a fan? I am not defending the game or the effort in any way. I have just seen so many bad things I don't even know how to rank them anymore.

It feels like this franchise is never going to get out of this hole that we're in.  We had a shot to with Trevor a couple of years ago but inexplicably won 2 of our final 3 games after an 0-13 start.

I know people are excited about the young players we have on this team but it doesn't mean much without a quality QB.  And these young guys are soon going to need to get paid.  So this "window" is going to be open a lot shorter than people might think.  

• Upvote 1

This loss was a SOJ loss that doesn't even make the top 10....the past few weeks and this losing streak reminds me of the Todd Bowels era...lots of no show games with poor clock/game managment and terrible offensive coaching with a overrated defense.   The team has young talent but the two most important positions are QB and coach and we still suck at both positions.

• Upvote 1