That was quite possibly the most disappointing display I have ever seen.

hawk

5 hours ago, hawk said:

Especially as a theoretical playoff game, but real enough for the team.

It was the exact same display last week,  just some of you could only focus on Zach.  

Kind of happy for Zach today. All the clowns acting as if this team's failure was on him while the team was 2-5 without him. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Yea, this is a good point. Awful message for him to send.

He’s lost the pulse of the locker room.

And possibly lost the locker room itself.

The Jets are who we thought they were.

They stole one in Cleveland.

It’s a sloppy team that looked uninspired with everything on the line.

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Yeah, just took some of you geniuses a little longer to realize the rest of the team wasn't so good. 

"If only Mike White was our QB all year we'd be going to the playoffs"

Mike white 1-3 when given the chance....

So your defense mechanism for being completely wrong about Zach is to root against Mike White?

• Upvote 1

Just now, VJphillyfan said:

So your defense mechanism for being completely wrong about Zach is to root against Mike White?

I didn't root against him,  I just know enough about football to realize a journeyman 27 year old QB that was waived 5 times wasn't going to the answer like some of you clowns were delusional enough to believe. 

• Sympathy 1

After time to think, I want to say a couple things might all be true.

Teams have figured out how to exploit our def. It happens. Not much of any adjustments, but at the same time we lose gamew the def had done more than enough to win..so ....

Mike white who I personally believed to be the answer for now , really played bad. Maybe ribs. Seems most likely. But he also could have just had a bad game but this was not good at all. Missing ope. Guys, not seeing defenders, throwing picks and almost picks. I mean this offense looks terrible. There were dumb play calls sure but there were plenty of first downs dropped and first downs missed . 

Lafluer who I have defended seems exposed. Drops and misses have made me not see his poor play calling. This is a factor most likely a big one. Bam is same player every game just like g Wilson . E Moore etc and we just do not get enough out of them. How long was it till g Wilson even got a target.

The te's are trash.

I know I juries right? But really we should be able to make some plays score one damn touch down. We literally had zero chance with these play calls.

Today was a real eye opener. Mike white who has played great at times, was not coached up to win and the team was not prepared .

I do not know the answer but it sure seems like the coaching staff is letting us down. Players too don't get me wrong but God damn geno Smith and Sam darnold are throwing touch downs. We are throwing to guys in triple coverge.

I think the jets have wasted this year's shot at something special. We had something we really did. 

You can't convince me that Mike white doesn't beat NE in both games but now even I quest that to a degree. Just a real disappointment

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, rillo said:

These guys were ready for the off-season. They knew they didn't have a chance. 

And that’s a systemic problem.  Mailing it in when you’re 3-12…sure, I get it.  Mailing it in when you’re playing meaningful football in January…that doesn’t compute. 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Mailing it in when you’re playing meaningful football in January…that doesn’t compute. 

When you trot out an offense as inept as the Jets have for the past 3-4 weeks I could see it. Zero confidence on that side of the ball, and it showed.

1 minute ago, rillo said:

When you trot out an offense as inept as the Jets have for the past 3-4 weeks I could see it. Zero confidence on that side of the ball, and it showed.

That doesn’t explain why the D let Seattle march down the field on the opening drive.  Whether you believe in your offense or not that can’t happen.  

10 hours ago, Pac said:

It was worse in 1986 when we stated 10-1 and Paul Mcguire, notorious jet hater, correctly called that we'd lose our last 5 games.

We backed in to playoffs and managed to win a game but the the Browns made me cry as a kid the following week. 

Comparing turds here but that team made the playoffs and didnt collapse after benching the second overall pick.  This is one for the ages.  Nobody has ever done this before in the league.  Pure clown show.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

It was the exact same display last week,  just some of you could only focus on Zach.  

Kind of happy for Zach today. All the clowns acting as if this team's failure was on him while the team was 2-5 without him. 

White was bad, and there is no defending it.  He was bad.  

If you think he was worse than any game Wilson played this year, hit me up.  I have a bridge to sell.

1 hour ago, hawk said:

White was bad, and there is no defending it.  He was bad.  

If you think he was worse than any game Wilson played this year, hit me up.  I have a bridge to sell.

I've repeatedly said Wilson deserved to be benched and that Mike white was the better..... that never made mike white a good player. 

Being better than a struggling second year rookie is not a great accomplishment. And as it turns out he really never gave this team a better chance to win. 1-3 is 1-3.

39 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I've repeatedly said Wilson deserved to be benched and that Mike white was the better..... that never made mike white a good player. 

Being better than a struggling second year rookie is not a great accomplishment. And as it turns out he really never gave this team a better chance to win. 1-3 is 1-3.

Game for Game, who knows the outcomes.  However, the Pats Games ended up being the real difference. IMO, White gives us the better chance in those two.

That said, we need a QB.

I wish I could say this was the most disappointing display I have ever seen.

But having watched this team for 40 years now, I can't say that it is. I've seen this exact movie several times over. 

Same Old Jets is a thing for a reason.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

I wish I could say this was the most disappointing display I have ever seen.

But having watched this team for 40 years now, I can't say that it is. I've seen this exact movie several times over. 

Same Old Jets is a thing for a reason.

It's not just the game itself, it's the cherry on top of a 5 game losing streak/ epic meltdown.

I'm not Nostradamus but I think this time next week we will all be talking about the 6 game losing streak to end a season that started off pretty good. 

5 minutes ago, Coquito said:

It's not just the game itself, it's the cherry on top of a 5 game losing streak/ epic meltdown.

I'm not Nostradamus but I think this time next week we will all be talking about the 6 game losing streak to end a season that started off pretty good. 

While not exact:

2008 (8-3 to 9-7) - Favre year), 2000 (from 6-1 to 9-7), 1997 (8-4 to 9-7), 1994 (6-5 to 6-10 - spike game), 1993 (7-4 to 8-8), 1984 (6-2 to 7-9). 

1986 gets spared bc the Jets somehow made the playoffs starting 10-1 and finishing 10-6.

All are variations on the same thing. Jets collapse after Thanksgiving. This is nothing new to the old timers. It just hasn't happened in a while because the team has never been good enough to have a "collapse".

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, y2k8 said:

While not exact:

2008 (8-3 to 9-7) - Favre year), 2000 (from 6-1 to 9-7), 1997 (8-4 to 9-7), 1994 (6-5 to 6-10 - spike game), 1993 (7-4 to 8-8), 1984 (6-2 to 7-9). 

1986 gets spared bc the Jets somehow made the playoffs starting 10-1 and finishing 10-6.

All are variations on the same thing. Jets collapse after Thanksgiving. This is nothing new to the old timers. It just hasn't happened in a while because the team has never been good enough to have a "collapse".

Agreed.  Was thinking about this yesterday.  How many seasons have we had where we were having a decent year and then lost all or almost all of our games to close out the season.

Usually we win one or two meaningless December games to ruin draft position, now when we could use one or two wins to secure a playoff spot, it doesn't happen.  As a 50+ year Jet fan, I shouldn't be surprised, but I sure did not see this team unravelling like this.