Poll: Where do we stand on JD right now?

Poll: Where do we stand on JD right now?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Where do we stand on JD right now?

• He's earned another year
    • I'd bring him back unless we could bring in a guy as HC/GM like Sean Payton
    • "Joe Must Go!"

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/31/2023 at 04:38 AM

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Why do people want Sean Peyton as GM?  Because their feelings are hurt?  That, more than anything, would be the biggest SOJ move this franchise could make.  

What if it was the only way we could get him as HC of the NYJ?

(Not that we can)

4 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Why do people want Sean Peyton as GM?  Because their feelings are hurt?  That, more than anything, would be the biggest SOJ move this franchise could make.  

Because I trust him to make a good decision on the next QB.

I'm not so sure I trust Joe Douglas with that decision. 

The jets were a 4 win team in 2021. They’ll win either 7 or 8 games this year. The defense went from worst in the league to top 5 in the league. The offense lost some good players due to injury. Before the hits to the OL and breece, the offense looked quite good with bad qbs. The only real strike against him is the Zach Wilson pick.  The way this season is ending hurts but if JD were to get fired now, nobody good would ever come here. Most teams don’t pull a bengals. He’ll 100% be here next year, and there should be no reason he wouldn’t be. Same with saleh. MLF and a couple of other coaches could be on the hot seat though but I just can’t see any massive changes happening prior to the 23 season. 

• Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

The talent on this team is night and day from when he came in. QB is still a major hole. He 100% deserves another year 

I'm getting tired of hearing about the "talent".

What did the talent get us? Not the playoffs. Like THE VAGIANTS.

They have less talent though ?

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Because I trust him to make a good decision on the next QB.

I'm not so sure I trust Joe Douglas with that decision. 

He retired after Brees left. The saints for years were going all in for a sb sacrificing the cap. It didn’t happen. 

i haven’t followed him very closely, but besides Bree’s (who was traded for) who else has been successful under him?

• Upvote 1

Doesn’t Douglas have 3 more contract years?  He’s done well bringing in talent. He might’ve missed on Wilson but the big problem is still oline. He’s done enough there but has been snakebit by the injuries to becton, and Mitchell and avt and the retirement of Clark. That’s just about a whole starting oline. And it’s unclear where the coaching issues fall. Players like Mims and Moore have been in the dog house and those are the visible ones. There could be more.

3 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

I'm getting tired of hearing about the "talent".

What did the talent get us? Not the playoffs. Like THE VAGIANTS.

They have less talent though ?

Without a QB it’s impossible to win in this league. Bring in a vet and see what happens 

• Upvote 1

Joe D will get at least another year and is closer to being extended then fired, IMHO. If he got fired, he’d be picked up as soon it happened. He swung and missed on Zach but has built a very strong roster outside of that. 

JD will get another swing at the QB and if he hits, he’ll be the Jets GM for a long time.

• Upvote 1

I like Payton okay as a coach, though (1) his offenses and teams were distinctly not as good when playing away from the favorable noise and controlled environment of the Superdome and (2) I question his passion at this point. As to his functioning in roster selection,  I'm very reluctant to have him be the last word on player decisions. If that means Douglas and Saleh get another year, so be it. 

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Aren't QB and LT the #1 and #2 most important positions on the team?  Lol

I didn’t say he was perfect but he’s done a good job. 

And that depends on which poster you ask. Some will swear it’s passrusher and an OLB/DE like Josh Allen is more important and will take you to the Super Bowl. 

40 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Keep JD. He is a solid football guy.

Sean Payton would be great but he isn't coming to the Jets.

Fire JD and we will get either Idzik 2.0 or Macc 2.0.

JD has been one of the better things to happen to this franchise over the last decade. I'll give Chris Johnson credit for that. 

You should be banned for the above…..

Similar to Saleh, I'm not firing him unless we get Sean Payton.

Joe Douglas is an ok to good GM. He has been able to find cheap talent on the waiver wire and as UDFA. His last draft was great. and he hit a homer with DJ Reed.

If they want to tweak the coaching staff here and there at the positional coach level, I'm ok with that as well. Hell...if Saleh thinks ML is not the guy and wants to bring someone else in, I'm ok with that. But, if I were the owner, I will still support JD and Saleh and let them handle the football decisions.

35 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Without a QB it’s impossible to win in this league. Bring in a vet and see what happens 

Mac Jones. Daniel Jones. We're not even keeping up the the Joneses. LITERALLY.

I agree. Whose fault is it that we don't a QB though? Or that there never was a coherent plan to develop the guys we did draft? How many excuses are we going to line up for lost season after lost season after lost season? FFS!

4 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Similar to Saleh, I'm not firing him unless we get Sean Payton.

Joe Douglas is an ok to good GM. He has been able to find cheap talent on the waiver wire and as UDFA. His last draft was great. and he hit a homer with DJ Reed.

If they want to tweak the coaching staff here and there at the positional coach level, I'm ok with that as well. Hell...if Saleh thinks ML is not the guy and wants to bring someone else in, I'm ok with that. But, if I were the owner, I will still support JD and Saleh and let them handle the football decisions.

Can’t draft OL or QB. Wasting our time. Give Andy Reid the powder patent and let him run it from the top down. I’m sick of this amateur sh*t.