Is JD in deep doo doo?

16 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Mac screwed up trading up to take Darnold. Disaster. Ultimately got him fired. JD essentially makes a similar blunder, if not worse, by taking Wilson, when Fields was sitting there. Somehow, somewhere, sometime, JD will have to answer for this colossal mistake.  Sooner rather than later?  JD has added some nice talent to this team but his FA's have been less than stellar.  Still, the team has made significant progress so I'm sure he is safe as is Saleh. But someone has got to take a fall here for this terrible meltdown.  JD jas his work cut out for him and is going to have to pull a rabbit out his hat and find this team  a QB and an OL.  It's been a constant problem.  How much more time does Woody give JD. He fired Rex wo he loved like a son.  But there's only so much anyone can take.  Should be an interesting off season and expectations next year have risen. No more excuses. Playoffs or you're all FIRED.

Trading up for a bust is a colossal blunder, taking the pick that falls in your lap is not. Especially with Justin fields what is the fascination? https://www.google.com/search?q=justin+fields+stats&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari
two games above 200 yds against putrid in-division defenses and plenty of ints. And would not fit Salehs system. It’s a swing and a miss 

15 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

The roster was full of crappy vets etc etc etc.  He literally had to start from scratch.  

Just to review, 7 wins wasn't good enough, so they "had to start from scratch" 

3 years later they are sitting at *checks notes* 7 wins 

The average length of the player career in the NFL is 3 years 

This idea that they had to gut it and rebuild from scratch was marketing, designed to get fans on board with JDs genius plan of trading every asset. Jd is great at liquidation. 

Mediocre is better than terrible. Always has been. Bad teams can't lose their way into winning. The tank is a fraud. 

The sad thing is that I like the program Saleh is building but the Zach wilson pick will get everyone fired. Everyone. 

That's how atrocious it is to miss at 2 overall. No one gets out alive. 

As for how this will happen, woody just won't extend jd if they don't make the playoffs in 23, its that simple. And it's going to be difficult to make the playoffs without a qb 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

This idea that they had to gut it and rebuild from scratch was marketing, designed to get fans on board with JDs genius plan 

Mediocre is better than terrible. Always has been. Bad teams can't lose their way into winning. The tank is a fraud. 

The sad thing is that I like the program Saleh is building but the Zach wilson pick will get everyone fired. Everyone. 

As for how this will happen, woody just won't extend jd if they don't make the playoffs in 23, its that simple. And it's going to be difficult to make the playoffs without a qb 

The question is, if they have a good offseason and change the qb to carr, how many wins do they get?  B/c that’s what they’re wondering over there.  With jobs on the line, can they eke out a playoff birth with carr, or will it be another meltdown where they burn the whole thing down?  B/c they can’t blame the offense’s fail on lack of weapons, it’s qb or coaching or both.

6 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

The question is, if they have a good offseason and change the qb to carr, how many wins do they get?  B/c that’s what they’re wondering over there.  With jobs on the line, can they eke out a playoff birth with carr, or will it be another meltdown where they burn the whole thing down?  B/c they can’t blame the offense’s fail on lack of weapons, it’s qb or coaching or both.

Dude it's Derek Carr. He f---ing sucks

JD is doomed because his survival depends on Becton, Zach, cj mosely in a system that he does not fit, breece's acl and Braden Mann learning how to punt. Laken tomlinson isn't getting younger. Cj usomah isn't getting faster 

QB is the biggest issue it's not the only issue 

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

JD is doomed because his survival depends on Becton, Zach, cj mosely in a system that he does not fit, breece's acl and Braden Mann learning how to punt. Laken tomlinson isn't getting younger. Cj usomah isn't getting faster 

Carr is unfortunately an upgrade over everything here.  We’re past salvaging wilson.  Becton at least can play at an nfl level when healthy.  But with jobs on the line, they’re probably going to  bank on bringing in a vet to win more games. 

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Carr is unfortunately an upgrade over everything here.  We’re past salvaging wilson.  Becton at least can play at an nfl level when healthy.  But with jobs on the line, they’re probably going to  bank on bringing in a vet to win more games. 

He's a Carr. Just like his brother they are not saving anyone's jobs 

JD still believes in Zach wilson he's the king of the sunk cost fallacy 

Last night I was entirely confident neither Saleh nord Douglas would be gone.

Today, based on no new evidence or information really, I just get a feeling Saleh might be gone.  I just don’t know if those two are in lockstep as much as either would like.  Douglas can at least point to Sauce, AVT, Wilson, Hall and tell ownership I’ve gotten you more young impact players than you’ve had in a long time.  And if he wants, he can try and blame Zach’s development on the coaches.

What can Saleh point to?  Not a lot, and I tend to like him.  His OC hire is questionable at best, but I think he’s not the only person that would have given MLF a shot.  The Austin situation, while overblown, still looks bad.  
I could certainly see a scenario where Saleh is let go, deserved or not.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

If asked a few weeks ago about joe d 90% of the board would have his back. Couple bad losses later and half the fans want him gone. Crazy. 

im on the fence with JD. I recognize we have more young talent than we ever have. But he also hired a defensive coach in an offensive league. Should have hired daboll or pederson. And the Zach Wilson pick might be the worst in franchise history. 

ultimately I think this past draft gets Douglas another year. I feel like you have to keep saleh because no good coach is going to want to come here if jd is on the hot seat. So jd and saleh both get 1 more year. Next year it’s playoffs or heads roll.  In my opinion atleast. 

• Upvote 3

Was Ozzie Newsome in doggy doo doo for drafting Kyle Boller, Josh Harris, Derek Anderson, Troy Smith, Joe Flacco (who actually won a Super Bowl with another team), Tyrod Taylor and Keith Wenning before drafting Lamar Jackson (who by the way hasn't won anything, but we seem to want him on our team for $40 million a year).

THE most difficult position to draft in NFL history, and I can hear the calls for JD's head because of Zach and Captain Morgan.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, bitonti said:

This idea that they had to gut it and rebuild from scratch was marketing, designed to get fans on board with JDs genius plan of trading every asset. Jd is great at liquidation. 

They will make the playoffs in '23. I guarantee it. 

Super-Bowl-III.jpg

6 hours ago, Xtina said:

Trading up for a bust is a colossal blunder, taking the pick that falls in your lap is not. Especially with Justin fields what is the fascination? https://www.google.com/search?q=justin+fields+stats&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari
two games above 200 yds against putrid in-division defenses and plenty of ints. And would not fit Salehs system. It’s a swing and a miss 

better than a swing and a wuss 

z.jpg

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, bitonti said:

JD is doomed if he sells Woody on all Zach needs is a new OC

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Was Ozzie Newsome in doggy doo doo for drafting Kyle Boller, Josh Harris, Derek Anderson, Troy Smith, Joe Flacco (who actually won a Super Bowl with another team), Tyrod Taylor and Keith Wenning before drafting Lamar Jackson (who by the way hasn't won anything, but we seem to want him on our team for $40 million a year).

THE most difficult position to draft in NFL history, and I can hear the calls for JD's head because of Zach and Captain Morgan.  

Clearly QB is a difficult position to evaluate because Zach was a historically bad whiff

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, VJphillyfan said:

Clearly QB is a difficult position to evaluate because Zach was a historically bad whiff

So was Kyle Boller.  So was Ryan Leaf.  So was Akili Smith.  So was (add about another 30-40 QB's here).

JD has improved each year with drafting.  Lets keep the guys that are improving. 

If there is a fowl odor in the air, in all likelihood JD ruin an expensive pair of shoes. Should he be concerned, depends who left the trail of doo-doo. My thoughts are, instead of someone stepping in his doo-doo laced shoes, it is time to buy a new pair and take a cleaner path.

On 1/1/2023 at 9:56 PM, JTJet said:

And its literally gotten us back to the same 7-9 record we had when JD first arrived to work with Gase. 4 years later. 

So yay? 

Only we’re a young team with talent on the upswing as opposed to an older team going downhill fast.  
Who seriously doesn’t see the difference

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, bitonti said:

And that is the failure of many things.  If you are picking number 2 overall, you had a bad season.  When that much emphasis is placed on one pick for success or failure, you are bound to stay a 'bottom feeder,' because short of drafting Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck, clearly one player will not completely turn a franchise around.

JD has done a good job bringing talent to this team.  To say otherwise is homerism.  Has he been perfect?  Absolutely not.  But this team has more talent on it than any of the past 15 years.  

We all talk about Ozzie Newsome as the benchmark as a GM.  Imagine if he would have been the Jet GM and had the first three drafts he did?  He wouldn't have been the Jets GM anymore. 

BTW..... JD's first three drafts have resulted in better players.  

People keep bringing up Fields when talking about the Zach mistake, but am I the only one who couldn't give two sh*ts about Fields being our QB.  IMO it's like whining about how we could have had a middle of the pack QB instead of the worst QB in the league.....sure, we'd be better off, but honestly if the options were take Zach or Fields, I'd have just held onto Darnold and continued to build around him.

Either way, I don't necessarily agree that he's in deep "doo doo" yet.  He basically bought himself another swing at the QB position with this most recent draft's success.  If he flops on that one, and/or fails to put an OL together for 2023, then yeah.....he's in deep doo doo.

If you want Justin Fields though, lucky for you we'll have a chance to take Anthony Richardson in the 1st if we decide to take that swing.  Considering he looks like a "sit for a year and then play" type project, I highly doubt Joe goes that route.  He needs results in 2023, and spending a 10th-13th overall pick on a guy who will sit for a year isn't going to help this team.  Also just think about the first time our new veteran QB struggles....the "we want Richardson" chants....not sure NY is the best place for a project QB, at least one in the 1st round where the hype is big.  We're not exactly known for our patience.  

1 minute ago, bonkertons said:

People keep bringing up Fields when talking about the Zach mistake, but am I the only one who couldn't give two sh*ts about Fields being our QB.  IMO it's like whining about how we could have had a middle of the pack QB instead of the worst QB in the league.....sure, we'd be better off, but honestly if the options were take Zach or Fields, I'd have just held onto Darnold and continued to build around him.

Either way, I don't necessarily agree that he's in deep "doo doo" yet.  He basically bought himself another swing at the QB position with this most recent draft's success.  If he flops on that one, and/or fails to put an OL together for 2023, then yeah.....he's in deep doo doo.

If you want Justin Fields though, lucky for you we'll have a chance to take Anthony Richardson in the 1st if we decide to take that swing.  Considering he looks like a "sit for a year and then play" type project, I highly doubt Joe goes that route.  He needs results in 2023, and spending a 10th-13th overall pick on a guy who will sit for a year isn't going to help this team.  Also just think about the first time our new veteran QB struggles....the "we want Richardson" chants....not sure NY is the best place for a project QB, at least one in the 1st round where the hype is big.  We're not exactly known for our patience.  

I wanted Fields at the time but if we’re using the benefit of hindsight obviously we should have taken the 9ers trade. 

11 minutes ago, TommyT said:

If there is a fowl odor in the air, in all likelihood JD ruin an expensive pair of shoes. Should he be concerned, depends who left the trail of doo-doo. My thoughts are, instead of someone stepping in his doo-doo laced shoes, it is time to buy a new pair and take a cleaner path.

Glad you are not Woody then!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

People keep bringing up Fields when talking about the Zach mistake, but am I the only one who couldn't give two sh*ts about Fields being our QB.  

No, you are not alone.  Last time I checked, Chicago is a worse team than we are. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I wanted Fields at the time but if we’re using the benefit of hindsight obviously we should have taken the 9ers trade. 

The whole time I was thinking I'd just take Chase there if we kept Darnold, but yeah the idea of moving down, taking Parsons and stocking up on two more 1sts in the process would have been......damn... 

17 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Morgan’s the funny one.  Trying to find a backup with a day 3 pick and then complaining that he whiffed.  
It’s like when I read they swung and missed with Bolinger 

On 1/1/2023 at 8:55 PM, Maynard13 said:

Mac screwed up trading up to take Darnold. Disaster. Ultimately got him fired. JD essentially makes a similar blunder, if not worse, by taking Wilson, when Fields was sitting there. Somehow, somewhere, sometime, JD will have to answer for this colossal mistake.  Sooner rather than later?  JD has added some nice talent to this team but his FA's have been less than stellar.  Still, the team has made significant progress so I'm sure he is safe as is Saleh. But someone has got to take a fall here for this terrible meltdown.  JD jas his work cut out for him and is going to have to pull a rabbit out his hat and find this team  a QB and an OL.  It's been a constant problem.  How much more time does Woody give JD. He fired Rex wo he loved like a son.  But there's only so much anyone can take.  Should be an interesting off season and expectations next year have risen. No more excuses. Playoffs or you're all FIRED.

While Fields has shown more than Zach, it is nothing great. Runs more than expected taking more hits. This doesnt seem like a long term plan for success. WHile Zach has failed up to this point I still like his athletic ability over Fields long term. Just not sure if NY is the place where Zach finds success 

1 hour ago, bonkertons said:

Richardson is half the prospect that fields was. I wouldn’t touch Richardson with a 10 foot pole