The Yankees will win the title this year...

Jet/BosoxFan

Rubbish Ham.

Your main point is voters look to vote against the Yankees yet you have to go back 20 years to find a MVP award that was debatable in its result.

With all due respect, you are a homer bar none.

GS, You're losing all credibility man ... first you try to minmize 31 HR's in 1986 {Pre Roids} by saying 7 players {WOW, THAT MANY??} hit 30+ ... Whatta Joke ... and then you conveniently ignore .352/238 on top of that 31/113 ... how convenient ;)

Why not just fess up and say you are thankful for the Yankee haters in the press cause they share your agenda ... at least you'll be speaking from the heart

Ham, concentrate for a moment.

You say that voters are biased against the Yanks when it comes to MVP awards yet you can only give me one year (20 seasons ago mind you) when a Yankee deserved the award and did not win it.

Get off your Mattingly love affair and back on the original topic.

You say that voters are biased against the Yanks when it comes to MVP awards yet you can only give me one year (20 seasons ago mind you) when a Yankee deserved the award and did not win it.

Get off your Mattingly love affair and back on the original topic.

GS, what do you want me to do, pretend others were worthy when they weren't ... that would make me what you accuse me of being, a homer, but I am not a homer when it comes to awards {believe it or not} ... I simply call it like I see it, and now I've seen two Yankees get flatout jobbed in my lifetime, Mattingly and Mariano ... Mattingly bigtime in 86, that should have been a slam dunk, and Mariano this year as well, though admittedly not as blatant as Mattingly in 86

I'm sorry that a Yankee isn't deserving every year or every five years or whatever, so I could give you more examples, but I can only argue for the ones who deserved it and that doesn't happen often, YES, not even for the Yankees

GS, I have to confess, that still sticks in my craw like you cannot understand .. I remember it like it was yesterday .. I still hate Bill Madden till this day because he went on WFAN and admitted he voted for Clemens

So you have to understand that one is VERY PERSONAL with me ... Pisses me off till this day

I CONFESS ... and that's a big part of the reason I'm convinced there is a deep and abiding Anti-Yankee bias in the press ... that one convinced me it's a fact ... there is no other explanation in my mind for the extent to which Mattingly Got hosed ... he should have won back-to-back MVP's, but the thieving ba$tards wouldn't let him have that second one

I would have made that trade, Carl

As a Yankee fan, I would have conceded the MVP to Ortiz for Mariano to win the CY

I dont think i would concede that because Ortiz doesnt deserve MVP. So he could hit. I wanna see that fat F*ck play the field. MVP is an all around great player. Ortiz would only be able to field well if the ball was a cheeseburger.

By the way this isnt an attack on you i just hate the Redsox and their gay ass fans so im rippin on them and their garbage they try to put towards us when we own them.

So 20 years ago is your best argument?

Also, at least 7 players hit 31 HR's in the AL that year.

Donnie's season was great but so was Clemens. Clemens also took his team to the WS something Mattingly never could seem to muster.

My vote would have went to Mattingly but one alleged anti vote in 20 years is hardly a conspiracy.

Explain 1978 to me please. Guidry had a season for the ages. Did not win MVP, over a solid, super season by Rice.

Based on your argument, Guidry should have been MVP. Besides dominating as a pitcher, he took his team to the WS, and WON, something Clemens failed to accomplish in 1986.

Case closed. Ham is 1,000% correct.

Explain 1978 to me please. Guidry had a season for the ages. Did not win MVP, over a solid, super season by Rice.

Based on your argument, Guidry should have been MVP. Besides dominating as a pitcher, he took his team to the WS, and WON, something Clemens failed to accomplish in 1986.

THANK YOU

This is crazy. You guys feel there is biased voting CURRENTLY when it comes to MVP awards aimed at not giving the award to Yankee players yet your ONLY instances of this alleged voting bias is taken from 1978 and 1986?

If you don't think Rice's "solid" 46 HR season in 78 and Clemens 24-4 season in 86 were not MVP worthy you're crazy. Guidry and Mattingly's seasons were great as well but it's not like the voters gave the award to someone who had a pedestrian season.

You also had a Yankee win the MVP just LAST season yet that's not enough for some Yank fans. You must have all awards go to you.

You are correct case closed.

Jim Rice hit 20 HR's in 86....Clemens went 24-4.

Rice had 200 hits, 39 doubles, over a hundred RBIs, about 100 runs, and batted over .320... in an era of baseball that was lacking huge numbers. By todays standards not the greatest season in the world, but he had one hell of a fricken year.

Archived