Potential replacements for Saleh

I think this is becoming a real possibility especially if Saleh no shows next week against a third string QB. 

Potential options:

Frank Reich: NFL QB,  40-33 record as a HC, Experienced OC and QB coach. 

Mike Kafka: Very good Big Ten QB, Northwestern grad, Backup QB with Eagles, coached and played under Reid, coaching in NY under Daboll 

Ken Dorsey: Heisman Trophy winning QB, cup of coffee in NFL, will bring Daboll system to Jets

Wink Martindale: Successful DC in Baltimore and NYG. Feisty no-nonsense guy (no more soft practices), bring an aggressive defensive style that could take this D to the next level 

Kliff Kingsbury: Great QB at Texas Tech, cup of coffee in the NFL. HC at Texas Tech 35-40 record. HC at Arizona Cardinals 28-34 record

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 7
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Ugh 5

Shane Steichen, Offensive Coordinator Philadelphia Eagles

For everyone saying Payton don't truly understand how things work with this franchise under Woody Johnson.....PLUS for whoever gets Payton, The saints want a 1st round pick in compensation as he's still under contract with them. No thanks! 

Our only hope of hitting at HC is hoping to strike Gold with one of the many coordinators we will be stuck hiring as long as Woody is the Owner....

Saleh isn't getting fired this year anyways

• Upvote 1

Just now, JonMcgraw38 said:

We may have to settle for Kingsbury or Reich as a potential proven offensive coach. Don’t see Payton coming here with the cupboard bare. 

I'm not settling for anything. 

Proven coach. That's it. Enough with the experiments. Win something. 

There's no excuse for this to not happen. None. All it takes is money.

Woody ponies up, or the Jets cycle continues. 

I don't know what else to say. Learn from life, or don't. Your choice. Mark my words: if they bring in a Reich or a Kingsbury, and three years from now we're starting another "who's the next coach" thread again. 

Sean Payton. Now.

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I'm hardly a Saleh fan, but timing is important. There's no great clear-cut candidate out there beyond Payton. If you're not going big.. go home and hope you can find a GM who can make a wise coaching hire. 

I think people overlook that the Giants didn't just get Daboll, they also hired Schoen as GM. The coach and GM absolutely have to be on the same page and both be good at their jobs. 

Hiring a new coach if your GM is gonna be on the hot seat doesn't make sense (See NY Jets, Miami Dolphins). 

Why? Daboll is winning with Gettlemans players. 

2 minutes ago, Hex said:

Saleh isn’t getting fired. He flipped the defense in a single year. He may get pressured into firing LaFleur like he should though.

Cool.

Fire LaFleur.  Then what? Who's replacing him? Another "young offensive genius" who has never actually won anything in the NFL?

Saleh wouldn't even know where to start. He knows as much about offense as a dog knows about chess.

Sean Payton. Show him the money.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I'm hardly a Saleh fan, but timing is important. There's no great clear-cut candidate out there beyond Payton. If you're not going big.. go home and hope you can find a GM who can make a wise coaching hire. 

I think people overlook that the Giants didn't just get Daboll, they also hired Schoen as GM. The coach and GM absolutely have to be on the same page and both be good at their jobs. 

Hiring a new coach if your GM is gonna be on the hot seat doesn't make sense (See NY Jets, Miami Dolphins). 

Fire Salad and Pretzel

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JonMcgraw38 said:

Why? Daboll is winning with Gettlemans players. 

Where's Gettleman? The top two receivers for their game today..

Richie James

Isiah Hodgins

Top RB:

Matt Breida

None acquired by Gettleman. Hrm, maybe we should go on here and destroy the six year plan narrative that's dominated this board for years now. 

9 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I kinda agree with this. I think the Jets are the perfect example of a franchise that desperately needs someone with credibility and a proven track record to be their Head Coach. But that guy outside of Payton and Harbaugh isn't out there. If you aren't going big after one of those two, you should probably just stick with Saleh and let this play out next year and hope him and JD can improve the team.

• Upvote 1

Just now, FactsOnly said:

He didnt do anything

Ulbrich flipped the defense

No. Sauce and Reed did. Had nothing to do with coaching. Same scheme. They got massive player upgrades at premium defense positions. And Q had his best season. 

Nothing truly has been flipped. They were a bad team last year. They were a little less bad team this year. Still not a playoff team. "Improved" does not equal "good enough".

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Cool.

Fire LaFleur.  Then what? Who's replacing him? Another "young offensive genius" who has never actually won anything in the NFL?

Saleh wouldn't even know where to start. He knows as much about offense as a dog knows about chess.

Reich as OC. If he doesn’t take it there’s tons of other options. Firing the HC because his team collapsed after injuries derailed a season that was going way above expectations anyways is foolish. 
Mike Vrabel, who is recognized by many as a good coach, has his team on a 6 game losing streak after a 7-3 start. You guys are all overreacting.

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 1

29 minutes ago, Larz said:

he thinks he’s safe. Woody did break his promise to Mangini tho. Payton is going back to the saints with Brady 

Call me crazy but I at least interview this guy

04E62370-9FB7-443B-AFD1-631CAB6CA846.jpeg

Not crazy at all really, but at this point I dont want a soul on this staff to survive. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Hex said:

Reich as OC. If he doesn’t take it there’s tons of other options. Firing the HC because his team collapsed after injuries derailed a season that was going way above expectations anyways is foolish. 
Mike Vrabel, who is recognized by many as a good coach, has his team on a 6 game losing streak after a 7-3 start. You guys are all overreacting.

Frank Reich ?

Yeah... he wants to come work for Robert Saleh. Where do you guys come up with this crap?

Sean Payton is a Super Bowl winning proven coach who grew up a Jets fan. Write him a damn blank check.

23 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Cool.

Didn't he play TE in college?