Potential replacements for Saleh

10 hours ago, Pac said:

Wait you guys are serious?  Saleh is not getting fired.  JD is not getting fired. 

They will have to do well next year and if they have another late season collapse then there's a chance they get fired. 

Logically, you are right.  The only thing that makes firing Saleh even a possibility is the availability of Sean Payton.  He is the type of instant culture changer and credibility bringer that Parcells was for this team in the 90s.  

If the team looks bad again on Sunday, ending the season with 7 straight losses and Woody thinks he has a real shot at Payton, things could get interesting.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, Pac said:

Wait you guys are serious?  Saleh is not getting fired.  JD is not getting fired. 

They will have to do well next year and if they have another late season collapse then there's a chance they get fired. 

Logically, you are right.  The only thing that makes firing Saleh even a possibility is the availability of Sean Payton.  He is the type of instant culture changer and credibility bringer that Parcells was for this team in the 90s.  

If the team looks bad again on Sunday, ending the season with 7 straight losses and Woody thinks he has a real shot at Payton, things could get interesting.

48 minutes ago, AL047 said:

Joe Douglas should not be blamed for anything!!! He took over a team that had no foundation at all!!! He built this team slowly and it started coming around but of course you get injuries that set you back like this season with the Oline. Joe Douglas is not the problem at all but the injuries and players not stepping up is the major problem!!!!

Joe’s a loser. That’s what his record says. All he does is lose and provide fodder for the mock draft boys, which is like 75% of our dwindling fanbase. Jets are a disgrace. And JD’s the reason. He’s bad at his job. 

• More Ugh 1

Unless Sean Payton is coming in to clean house, I'm willing to give Saleh another season, but he has to take a really hard look at himself and his team. These kiddy glove practices he allegedly holds are producing a team that is getting manhandled in must win games. He may need to learn that there are times where its appropriate and productive to lean into his players more and actually hold padded practices later in the season the way the Ravens and Steelers just did. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

At some point Jets ownership has to demand playoffs. The two biggest holes on this team are at QB and OL, and JD has been here for a while to fix those positions, and he has failed miserably. I would hope Woody will think about opportunity cost when it comes to staying the course and missing out on any potential candidates for GM and head coach. Think about that. If the Giants stayed the course with Joe Judge, they would have missed out on Brian Dabol and Joe Schoen. 

The time is now. If the Jets don't make the playoffs next year, JD and Saleh have to go and I don't want to hear any excuses. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, DireJet said:

Both will kick JD to the curb. 

Reich has no power/leverage to kick anyone to the curb at this point in his career.

And JD is held in higher regard than I think many of you think (JMO).

I could see both working with him just fine.  It's not like Peyton was the actual GM of the Saints.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Warfish said:

Reich has no power to kick anyone to the curb at this point in his career.

And JD is held in higher regard than I think many of you think (JMO).

I could see both working with him just fine.  It's not like Peyton was the actual GM of the Saints.

JD’s record is laughable. Is he like 23-40? He’s not a first-year Gm anymore. Never seen a GM get more red shirt seasons. How come Schoen turned it around so quick with the Giants? Giants were equally bad in terms of roster and personnel. But JD gets pass after pass despite losing a lot more than he wins. Like a LOT more. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DireJet said:

Joe’s a loser. That’s what his record says. All he does is lose and provide fodder for the mock draft boys, which is like 75% of our dwindling fanbase. Jets are a disgrace. And JD’s the reason. He’s bad at his job. 

He just executed the best Jets draft possibly ever and you want to fire him? The talent on the team is better than it has been in years. Issue is coaching and QB. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, DireJet said:

JD’s record is laughable. Is he like 23-40? He’s not a first-year Gm anymore. Never seen a GM get more red shirt seasons. How come Schoen turned it around so quick with the Giants? Giants were equally bad in terms of roster and personnel. But JD gets pass after pass despite losing a lot more than he wins. Like a LOT more. 

What has Schoen done exactly? Promote a couple of practice squad receivers? The Giants are winning because of Daboll and Martindale. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, JonMcgraw38 said:

He just executed the best Jets draft possibly ever and you want to fire him? The talent on the team is better than it has been in years. Issue is coaching and QB. 

He’s bad on the whole. Too many strikeouts. One grand slam doesn’t save you when you’re down by 20 runs. 

2 minutes ago, JonMcgraw38 said:

The jamal Adams trade alone turned the talent level on the team right around, and he hit home runs with almost every pick this year. He’s definitely not the problem.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JonMcgraw38 said:

What has Schoen done exactly? Promote a couple of practice squad receivers? The Giants are winning because of Daboll and Martindale. 

GM is a management position. Hires coaches and dictates personnel. JD could’ve hired Daboll. He hired a human stair master instead. 

Just now, BP said:

The jamal Adams trade alone turned the talent level on the team right around, and he hit home runs with almost every pick this year. He’s definitely not the problem.

I’m just saying how many losing seasons does he get? If he’s acquired so much talent and done so well, why are the Jets so bad record-wise each year? It’s all opinion-based. Facts are … he loses a lot. Fans are done with losing. At least I am.

12 hours ago, JetPotato said:

I'm not settling for anything. 

Proven coach. That's it. Enough with the experiments. Win something. 

There's no excuse for this to not happen. None. All it takes is money.

Woody ponies up, or the Jets cycle continues. 

I don't know what else to say. Learn from life, or don't. Your choice. Mark my words: if they bring in a Reich or a Kingsbury, and three years from now we're starting another "who's the next coach" thread again. 

Sean Payton. Now.

Fire Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh NOW!

• Ugh 1

12 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Where's Gettleman? The top two receivers for their game today..

Richie James

Isiah Hodgins

Top RB:

Matt Breida

None acquired by Gettleman. Hrm, maybe we should go on here and destroy the six year plan narrative that's dominated this board for years now. 

Schoen and Daboll getting a worse team turned around and into the playoffs in one year was the worst thing that could’ve happened to those who bought into the 5 year rebuild nonsense.

JD got clowned by the team we share a stadium with.

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Hex said:

Reich as OC. If he doesn’t take it there’s tons of other options. Firing the HC because his team collapsed after injuries derailed a season that was going way above expectations anyways is foolish. 
Mike Vrabel, who is recognized by many as a good coach, has his team on a 6 game losing streak after a 7-3 start. You guys are all overreacting.

This is a poor comp. Vrabel has a lot more credibility in the bank than Saleh. 

10 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Oh, I agree, but 1 year > 0 years. That said, Barkley was unusually healthy this year. Henry misses games every year too.. your offense basically being "Hope our RB works a miracle" has it's limits. 

That exact scenario with Hall was the best our offense has looked in years. It only lasted about 20 minutes, but it was fun to watch.

Let’s just ignore the fact that Jones stepped up this season, Lawrence, Leo and Thibs are a force, and if Neal progresses the way their LT has, Al they need to do is upgrade the WR room, and tweak a few spots here and there.

With the GM, HC and CS they have now, they’re in pretty damn good shape.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, BP said:

He's going into year 5 BP, only one good draft and countless bad moves IMO warrants his firing. I couldn't believe when I was doing my research( for the post that nobody bothered commenting on) that said had we actually kept Mike MacCagnan, the Jets plan in early 2019 was to hire Mike MacCarthy  because he liked the idea of helping to develop Sam Darnold who would still be the Jets QB and there would have not been the whole Zach Wilson debacle that is going into year 3 of the Titanic-sized disaster that it has become while here we sit, exactly 4 years later almost to the day-with the same crap record-another failed head coach with almost the same record and a Super Bowl-winning Head Coach from the Offensive side of the ball looking for a job that we could probably easily get but we KNOW what this idiot owner will do-make the worst decision just like always. 

This is Joe Douglas' records the first 2 years with Adam Gase as HC and these last 2 Saleh's records-Not good enough Jimmy

Screen Shot 2023-01-02 at 10.53.58 AM.jpg

1 minute ago, SoFlaJets said:

He's going into year 5 BP, only one good draft and countless bad moves IMO warrants his firing. I couldn't believe when I was doing my research( for the post that nobody bothered commenting on) that said had we actually kept Mike MacCagnan, the Jets plan in early 2019 was to hire Mike MacCarthy  because he liked the idea of helping to develop Sam Darnold who would still be the Jets QB and there would have not been the whole Zach Wilson debacle that is going into year 3 of the Titanic-sized disaster that it has become while here we sit, exactly 4 years later almost to the day-with the same crap record-another failed head coach with almost the same record and a Super Bowl-winning Head Coach from the Offensive side of the ball looking for a job that we could probably easily get but we KNOW what this idiot owner will do-make the worst decision just like always. 

This is Joe Douglas' records the first 2 years with Adam Gase as HC and these last 2 Saleh's records-Not good enough Jimmy

Screen Shot 2023-01-02 at 10.53.58 AM.jpg

You can’t count the first two years. He inherited gase and the retarded jets way of hiring coaches before hiring a gm. Saleh is his mess. So it’s really gonna be year 3

• More Ugh 1

holy crap, I'm not ready for this again.

imo the Jets need to:

1. Let the man grow with the job

2. show patience with the Head Coach (only)

3. realize that the HC is an organizer that needs a good staff

4. stop chasing names and appeasing writers

Saleh has had many positives and is a young hungry guy. His mistake has been with the inexperience of his offensive staff.  Parcells never had rookie OC's or QB coaches, why should a inexperienced HC from the D side of the ball have one?  I say stick with saleh and JD and add some seasoned guys to the offensive room.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, DireJet said:

Agreed. 

13 hours ago, JonMcgraw38 said:

I think this is becoming a real possibility especially if Saleh no shows next week against a third string QB. 

Potential options:

Frank Reich: NFL QB,  40-33 record as a HC, Experienced OC and QB coach. 

Mike Kafka: Very good Big Ten QB, Northwestern grad, Backup QB with Eagles, coached and played under Reid, coaching in NY under Daboll 

Ken Dorsey: Heisman Trophy winning QB, cup of coffee in NFL, will bring Daboll system to Jets

Wink Martindale: Successful DC in Baltimore and NYG. Feisty no-nonsense guy (no more soft practices), bring an aggressive defensive style that could take this D to the next level 

Kliff Kingsbury: Great QB at Texas Tech, cup of coffee in the NFL. HC at Texas Tech 35-40 record. HC at Arizona Cardinals 28-34 record

A guy that has the same name as an Idiot game show host should work out just fine

12 minutes ago, jetswin said:

imo the Jets need to:

Saleh has had many positives and is a young hungry guy. His mistake has been with the inexperience of his offensive staff.  Parcells never had rookie OC's or QB coaches, why should an inexperienced HC from the D side of the ball have one?  I say stick with saleh and JD and add some seasoned guys to the offensive room.

If it’s not working then there’s no reason to let him grow. The Giants saw it with Judge and let him go. It worked. If the Colon comments are accurate and the team is picking dandelions in practice then yeah a move is justified.

1 hour ago, DireJet said:

Even Worse DJ he's 20-45 which will be going to 20-46 after the Fins smoke the nothing-to-play-for-Jets next week

14 minutes ago, jetswin said:

imo the Jets need to:

Saleh has had many positives and is a young hungry guy. His mistake has been with the inexperience of his offensive staff.  Parcells never had rookie OC's or QB coaches, why should a inexperienced HC from the D side of the ball have one?  I say stick with saleh and JD and add some seasoned guys to the offensive room.

Agreed on seasoned offensive assistants, but Saleh himself needs a lot of growth this offseason. The affect of the team on the field the last month or so has been very troubling. It doesn’t help that Daboll is doing more with less in the same building.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Even Worse DJ he's 20-45 which will be going to 20-46 after the Fins smoke the nothing-to-play-for-Jets next week

The Fins are in full melt down.  This game is a race to the bottom.  We will be competiting with them for a veteran QB this offseason.  

• Upvote 1