Potential replacements for Saleh

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

If it’s not working then there’s no reason to let him grow. The Giants saw it with Judge and let him go. It worked. If the Colon comments are accurate and the team is picking dandelions in practice then yeah a move is justified.

we all know these media guys want to see their names around, and while I respect colon's opinion on football matters we all know this has to be somewhat exaggerated. I didn't listen to the clip but saw the SNY show last night and the thing I thought he said there that made a ton of sense was not focusing on fundamentals, and that he could see that with line play.  This should have been a stressed point all year in light of the injury riddled season on the OL especially. For all we know it may just be too much for these guys to play better, it's literally a hodgepodge of backups along the entire line.

I attribute the Giants success 100% to Daniel Jones and a healthy Saquan. Jones was a bust until this season (4th) by most talking heads. Patience has worked there,,,we have to remember unfortunately that Breece may not bee the same back for another season, so for the Jets patience again would be a virtue.  Zack, Breece, and Garret are a promising talent base on O. Make that work with support to O staff and line, let's not sh*tcan the whole thing again,

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

The Fins are in full melt down.  This game is a race to the bottom.  We will be competiting with them for a veteran QB this offseason.  

Can we take their garbage QB Biggs? 259-400 64.8 %. 25 TDs  8 INTs.  3548 YDs

I mean if only...

8 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Agreed on seasoned offensive assistants, but Saleh himself needs a lot of growth this offseason. The affect of the team on the field the last month or so has been very troubling. It doesn’t help that Daboll is doing more with less in the same building.

Daboll has Jones making him look great. Also an offensive mind can help cover up their weakness, but I agree with you that Saleh needs growth too.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DireJet said:

JD’s record is laughable. Is he like 23-40?

It is.  20-45 so far.

But he will not be fired. 

7 wins with Gase.  Then 2 with Gase before Gase was fired.  Those years won't (I believe) be held against him by Management due to Gase, who JD didn't hire, and seemed to have most final say (impossible to prove), and the poor management structure Woody had in place.

So 4 wins in year 1 with Saleh, then 7 (maybe 8, but I doubt it) with Saleh, and a Same Old Jets collapse.

If I had to predict, all will be back for 2023.  And 2023 will decide JD's fate.

He’s not a first-year Gm anymore. Never seen a GM get more red shirt seasons.

I don't see it as Red Shirts.  I'm trying to see it how Woody/Normal NFL Owners would see it. 

I don't think most Owners would fire JD this offseason.  While progress is slower than we'd like, we're far better, more competitive and deeper talent-wise today than we were when JD arrived.

But that QB question still lingers.  Wilson is the rope than will hang JD if he doesn't fix it asap.

How come Schoen turned it around so quick with the Giants? Giants were equally bad in terms of roster and personnel.

I don't know.  You tell me.  How did he do it?

But JD gets pass after pass despite losing a lot more than he wins. Like a LOT more. 

No pass.  2023 looks like it'll be make or break for JD.

Hopefully he makes the right decisions.

But if you're hoping for a house cleaning after next weeks game, I think you're in for a large disappointment.

• Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, jetswin said:

we all know these media guys want to see their names around, and while I respect colon's opinion on football matters we all know this has to be somewhat exaggerated. I didn't listen to the clip but saw the SNY show last night and the thing I thought he said there that made a ton of sense was not focusing on fundamentals, and that he could see that with line play.  This should have been a stressed point all year in light of the injury riddled season on the OL especially. For all we know it may just be too much for these guys to play better, it's literally a hodgepodge of backups along the entire line.

I attribute the Giants success 100% to Daniel Jones and a healthy Saquan. Jones was a bust until this season (4th) by most talking heads. Patience has worked there,,,we have to remember unfortunately that Breece may not bee the same back for another season, so for the Jets patience again would be a virtue.  Zack, Breece, and Garret are a promising talent base on O. Make that work with support to O staff and line, let's not sh*tcan the whole thing again,

The team doesn’t hit in practice!! What else is there to talk about? This guy is a fraud to the 10x degree. 

11 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The Fins are in full melt down.  This game is a race to the bottom.  We will be competiting with them for a veteran QB this offseason.  

If that ends up the case, it’s not good for us. Between the weather, taxes, and their WR room, not to mention our GM/CS uncertainty, who would choose NJ over Miami?

1 hour ago, DireJet said:

JD could’ve hired Daboll.

What is your evidence of that? 

Seems like at that time Daboll to the Giants was a done deal before Daboll had even left the Bills.

How would you have magic'd that to steal Daboll away?  Just money?  I don't think so.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I do think Saleh is still evolving as a HC. Barring Sean Payton or Jim Harbaugh being interested in the job, Saleh should remain as HC and given the chance to show he has learned some lessons from the experiences of this season.

I had been feeling that way up until the 1st quarter of yesterday's fiasco.  How and why did Saleh and his staff not get this team even remotely close to ready?  The ferocity of the Seahawk's Oline and run blocking vs our sleepy defense was stunning.  Even a child could see that the defense was moving slow and operating a couple of notches below the Seattle OL and offense.   How is that not Saleh's fault?  What's the excuse?  At the end of last season, I wanted Saleh gone.  I had zero confidence.  But this year I saw a difference and started to feel differently.  After yesterday, my head is spinning about what to do with this enigma of a HC?    I still think he'd be acceptable if we had a QB making the offense productive.  Saleh would have pulled off a few wins in these last 5.  QB is the bane of the franchise's existence.  

If we can't ever have a top 5...  even a top 10 QB, as seems to be the case, then we need a Parcells type to take over  i.e.  get Payton or something akin.  

9 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Jones was an also-ran until Daboll showed up and salvaged his career.

well to my point an offensive guy helped a talented QB, and maybe just maybe things start to click in year 4 for most QB's Jones made the Giants this season,no matter how good Saquon looked. not everyone is Patrick Mahomes

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, jetswin said:

holy crap, I'm not ready for this again.

imo the Jets need to:

1. Let the man grow with the job

2. show patience with the Head Coach (only)

3. realize that the HC is an organizer that needs a good staff

4. stop chasing names and appeasing writers

Saleh has had many positives and is a young hungry guy. His mistake has been with the inexperience of his offensive staff.  Parcells never had rookie OC's or QB coaches, why should a inexperienced HC from the D side of the ball have one?  I say stick with saleh and JD and add some seasoned guys to the offensive room.

I love Saleh and believe that he has the chance to be a GENERATIONAL NFL HC!

However, Saleh has to take FULL responsibility for the OC that he brought in and their inexperience.... 

You get to make mistakes no matter who you are, but now Saleh has to correct it and that doesn't mean firing MLF, but maybe moving him to Assistant HC and getting an experienced OC in here is really the way to go.

• Upvote 1

Hearing JoeB on the FAN dying for Rex to come back and coach this team…and saying Rex is lobbying for the job.

Rex was a flash in the pan. He had 2 winning seasons with the Jets..and yes..he took the Jets to consecutive conference playoff games in his 1st 2 seasons.   Terrific start.

He never had another winning season with the Jets and was a disaster coaching the Bills.  6 straight seasons without a winning record as a head coach.  And look what happened to the Bills immediately after he was fired. 

I’d prefer checking in on Sean Payton…or keeping Saleh for another year.  No Rex.  

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

What is your evidence of that? 

Seems like at that time Daboll to the Giants was a done deal before Daboll had even left the Bills.

How would you have magic'd that to steal Daboll away?  Just money?  I don't think so.

That was this past off-season. We should have hired Daboll LAST year instead of Saleh. Daboll didn't have a HC offer last year, to the best of my knowledge.

30 minutes ago, Greg555 said:

Hearing JoeB on the FAN dying for Rex to come back and coach this team…and saying Rex is lobbying for the job.

Rex was a flash in the pan. He had 2 winning seasons with the Jets..and yes..he took the Jets to consecutive conference playoff games in his 1st 2 seasons.   Terrific start.

He never had another winning season with the Jets and was a disaster coaching the Bills.  6 straight seasons without a winning record as a head coach.  And look what happened to the Bills immediately after he was fired. 

I’d prefer checking in on Sean Payton…or keeping Saleh for another year.  No Rex.  

Joe B was dying for Mike McCarthy. His entire wish list is always anyone who had mild success. Rex in 09/10 was just lightning in a bottle. He was winning with Mangini’s players and he gave them a boost. 2011 (Christmas Eve specifically) on was a disaster. People were calling for his head. I’ll never forget how deflated the fan base was when he got to keep his job after beating Miami in a meaningless game. 

• Sympathy 1

One of two things is going to happen....

1. Everyone stays .. everyone ...
2. Sean Payton comes with an entirely new staff.

That's it.

Regarding QB ... It will be Ryan Tannehill or Jimmy G. ... Then Zach followed by another rookie.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, viffer said:

That was this past off-season. We should have hired Daboll LAST year instead of Saleh. Daboll didn't have a HC offer last year, to the best of my knowledge.

What indication do you have that he wanted that offer or would have accepted it?   Was there any reporting at the time of him being interested in us, because I don't recall any.

It's not so simple as "want = get".  Relationships and preferences have alot of power.

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

What indication do you have that he wanted that offer or would have accepted it?   Was there any reporting at the time of him being interested in us, because I don't recall any.

It's not so simple as "want = get".  Relationships and preferences have alot of power.

a lot of fans have failed to realize that just because we have an opening or offer a contract that the opposite party will accept. Players have been using this franchise for years to drive their contracts up. This is not a desirable landing spot. This isn’t the franchise that always gets who they want. We generally get the guys that only care about the money or have no other options. Why do you think we ended up with Adam gase a few years ago?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Jones was an also-ran until Daboll showed up and salvaged his career.

People try and pretend like this WASN'T the case!

People in the league were saying Darnold was better!  Coaching matters and Daboll is a GOOD COACH and the jury is still out on Saleh and company!!!