We need to start Wilson next week in Miami

JTJet

6 minutes ago, DireJet said:

JD can’t be trusted to find a serviceable QB. Saleh at least built a legit defense.

QB's don't grow on trees. I cant believe I said that.  JD whiffed on Wilson. It happens, especially with QB's. How do you think the 49er's feel about trey Lance after they gave up a king's ransom to move up and now have a 7th rounder playing like Joe Montana?  Strange happenings. Abd did you see the day Sidham had with the Raiders? He threw for over 350 yards and put up 34 points.  JD has hit on some good young talent.  This team is better. I really could care less how they looked in 2nd half. A lot of injuries crippled this team. Bad play calling. Poor coaching by Saleh. BUT they have improved and if you guys cant see that then get your heads out of the tree. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

I say yes for numerous reasons. One, he is young and was a high draft pick. You just don't give up on a high draft pick after 2 years. Its not like he's a total screw up like Todd Marinovich. Thankfully he's sober now and playing at age 48. Check him out JD.  Not sure when a QB was released that quickly who was picked so early.  Two: JD has his pride as evidenced by threatening to break @kevinc855 into a pretzel for riding him him in public for picking ZAch. Three and probably most important, releasing him or trading him would be a big hit to the cap. I'm no cap expert so see @Sperm Edwards

I think TS meant he’d get traded, not cut. It’s the same net cap hit whether he’s kept or cut. Only difference would be when the $ hits (split between 23-24 or all in 23), not by how much, since it’s all guaranteed. Neither way it hits (split or all at once) truly helps nor hampers the team’s ability to sign anyone else at any position.

He’s not getting cut unless they literally don’t think he’s worth the practice squad roster spot (or briefly carrying as the 53rd man on the main roster unfortunately a few days to start the season until he can be demoted to the PS). Even a new incoming GM, with no ties to ZW & arrives here as a nonbeliever he will ever be a qualified QB2, wouldn’t cut him outright.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

QB's don't grow on trees. I cant believe I said that.  JD whiffed on Wilson. It happens, especially with QB's. How do you think the 49er's feel about trey Lance after they gave up a king's ransom to move up and now have a 7th rounder playing like Joe Montana?  Strange happenings. Abd did you see the day Sidham had with the Raiders? He threw for over 350 yards and put up 34 points.  JD has hit on some good young talent.  This team is better. I really could care less how they looked in 2nd half. A lot of injuries crippled this team. Bad play calling. Poor coaching by Saleh. BUT they have improved and if you guys cant see that then get your heads out of the tree. 

JD is a loser. His record is that of a loser. I’m sick of losing more than we win. It’s a gigantic waste of time and energy for everyone involved — especially fans. He’s had 4+ years to win. And he can’t. He’s not a winner. He’s a loser. This might seem repetitive but it’s all that matters. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, dcJet said:

The Jetsy thing would be for Zach to start and pull a Geno in the last game.  

20-25 for 358 and 3 td 0 int.

The Front office will say "See..."

Well I hope that happens only if it changes nothing for the offseason plans. 

Zach showed that he isn't ready. They are going to plan for him to be the backup next year. Would be a huge mistake to let one game change the plan.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

Just because you gain a spot or two in the draft doesn't really matter at this point. Picking 12 or picking 15 doesn't mean you end up with the better player. What it may do is make sure our schedule is a bit easier though, wouldn't it?

It means you have a better chance of getting the guy you want...or if trading it gives you more capital. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Maynard13 said:

They haven’t improved. Pretty much every player has regressed under this coaching staff from their rookie year. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JonMcgraw38 said:

They haven’t improved. Pretty much every player has regressed under this coaching staff from their rookie year. 

Quincy and Quinnen Williams both had their best seasons under this coaching staff. Same for DJ Reed.

A ton of rookies have had great years so that is a good look for the staff too.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Quincy and Quinnen Williams both had their best seasons under this coaching staff. Same for DJ Reed.

A ton of rookies have had great years so that is a good look for the staff too.

DJ Reed and Quinnen Williams are veterans. Quincy Williams has been a nice find, but not a great player. 

Look at the young players he’s inherited. Guys like Becton, Mims, Zach Wilson, Elijah Moore, Bryce Hall, MC1, MC2, Eichols…. nobody gets better and in most cases play gets worse.

If you want to give him credit for Breece Hall, AVT, Sauce, and GW go ahead. I think those guys would have had success with Carl Winslow as their head coach. 

8 hours ago, JETS SB said:

Mike White apologist.  3 games - 0 TDS - 4 INTs. We have seen enough. Zach has a future in the NFL. Mike White is flipping burgers in two years.  

Lol. Zach is the worst QB in the NFL, worse than MW. Benched 3 times in favor of MW this season.  Demoted to practice squad player, inactive while perfectly  healthy, threw for 92 yards in his last start and 1 pick and was shown up by a QB that can't throw. 

You are an idiot. 

9 hours ago, JetsYanks13 said:

1. White should not start for his own safety with his injury in a meaningless game
2 Streveler has zero chance
3. Flacco starting makes no sense what so ever.
4. Zach should start, let him finish the season and start planning for next year.
5. I’m starting to think Saleh may get fired next week. JD & Woody may feel they have a win now team and make bold move. Remains to be seen, but I think he may be the surprise fire at seasons end.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I agree with everything you said here. Zach isn’t some crown jewel we need to protect, he’s healthy, MW isn’t. We have nothing to play for.

Throw him out there… who cares at this point?