Relax it’s progress

ppls17

12 hours ago, ppls17 said:

I don’t post often but felt the need after a hard loss. Remember the Jets improved from a year ago. There collapse is due to injuries ( not all happened at once)imo. Hall and three potential starters on the offensive line have made it impossible for consistency.

Defense is light years better than last year. And have young promising corners and good pass rushers.

Offense we have becton (long shot potential) max and Vera tucker coming back along with hall eventually. Also have another year of experience of growth from Wilson’s ( Zach may suck but I want to see behind a more stable line)

We wanted meaningful games in December and we had them, next year we demand playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I cant see pointing fingers at the GM or The CS at this point.  The awful QB situation sunk the 2022 season.  They had to let the Zach Wilson situation play out.  Seems like even the defense lost some of its gusto after one futile effort after the next.  The defense would hold the opposing offense to minimal points and the QB laid egg after egg.  

Only one question going forward.  Who's the QB in 2023 ???

I favor drafting late in the first round.  I like Tanner McKee.  Also bring in a cheap one year rental while they train McKee.

Keep Wilson, get a one year rental and draft a new qb

What does this team have on offense?

QB: We have no answers

OL: We have AVT.  Becton can't be trusted.  Herbig might be useful.  Max Mitchell has a blood clot issue.  

WR: We have GW.  Eli Moore might be salvageable but he's regressed.  Corey Davis should be gone.  Mims stinks.  Berrios stinks more

TE: Potentially we have Ruckert but who knows what we have with him since he barely played this year.

RB: We have Breece but he's coming off injury.  Bam looks like a keeper.  MC I have no idea about anymore.  The rest are jags

Progress!

10 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

OL: We have AVT.  Becton can't be trusted.  Herbig might be useful.  Max Mitchell has a blood clot issue.  

WR: We have GW.  Eli Moore might be salvageable but he's regressed.  Corey Davis should be gone.  Mims stinks.  Berrios stinks more

TE: Potentially we have Ruckert but who knows what we have with him since he barely played this year.

RB: We have Breece but he's coming off injury.  Bam looks like a keeper.  MC I have no idea about anymore.  The rest are jags

Progress!

Good post, but you’re a tad optimistic.
Rucker’s is jag level at best, as are Carter and Bam.

Hall is damaged goods until further notice.

the good news? At least we have Mike LaFleur!

Yes we have gotten progressively worse......Was caught up in the 7-4 start and believed we were getting close despite the terrible QB play.....As i look back maybe it was a mirage, 5 of our wins came against guys like Brisset.....Rypien.......Simien......Pickett and Thomson......Injuries hurt for sure but every team has them.......Total collapse at the end of the year which had meaningful games in December rendered meaningless........

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

I’ve got back and forth on Saleh more than any Jets coach they’ve had. I just don’t know. Sometimes I think he’s truly the CEO/detail guy we’ve been desperate for and then you see players showing up in pregames in costumes and then lay an egg and you wonder if there’s any commitment to winning?

Me too.  He has signs of it and I started to believe but he's treating this like it's a first year High School Football program where nothing matters as long as everyone is getting along and having a good time.  The lack of urgency to win is alarming and extremely concerning.  

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

When JD and Saleh arrived the cupboards were bare. The current losing streak is bad but zoom out and we're heading the right direction.

Firing everyone every 2/3 years sets the franchise back and should be avoided unless it's obvious the team is heading the wrong direction.

Every time you change it coaches/schemes/gms you lose value previously invested in because it doesn't match the new.

Get healthy, bring in a veteran QB and continue to add pieces in the draft. This team isn't far off which no one would have said a few years ago.

I’ve been one that’s said millions of times that this franchise would be 100% better off staying the course management-wise. This turnstile strategy keeps blowing up time and time again. But hiring a rookie GM, rookie HC, rookie OC and DC comes with lots and lots of growing pains. The probabilities of this experiment blowing up was very high. Yesterday’s debacle was just  another example. The team simply wasn’t prepared. Schematically, Carroll took them to school. But the issue is bigger that yesterday’s disaster.

Giving them the responsibility of developing Zach was the coaching staff’s #1 priority and the kid regressed instead of progressing. It’s mind boggling. Ownership must be scratching their heads. Wouldn’t you? The drafting a FQB plan has been completely derailed. Now they got to pivot a buy themselves a veteran.
With that in mind, if there were ever a chance to make a change, it’d be now. Why? Simple. Zach failed. Coaches must be made accountable for this disaster. This would show players that ownership means business. Being patient in waiting that things get better just isn’t good enough. There’s no reason to keep them  ( the staff) around if they go ahead a buy themselves a veteran QB going forward. It’s not as if you’d be risking Zach’s progress by introducing another coaching regime and offensive scheme for him to learn. 
A veteran QB probably would want their own “guy” anyway.

Has there been progress? Yes. JD hit a home run last year. The talent overall has improved. We have playmakers.  But coaching makes all the difference come crunch time. Just look at the Giants as an example. They couldn’t figure out a way to win ONE game? 
Just food for thought. I’m not saying this is what they should do but I could see the reason why they could and perhaps should.

Ps, how’s the golf game? If I remember correctly, I could be wrong, we spoke about golf in the past?

3 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Me too.  He has signs of it and I started to believe but he's treating this like it's a first year High School Football program where nothing matters as long as everyone is getting along and having a good time.  The lack of urgency to win is alarming and extremely concerning.  

I get that he’s Mr. Positivity or whatever, and I know he feels like he needs to give some perspective, but standing there in the postgame talking about our foundation and young talent and all that is kind of galling. The team controlled its own destiny for the playoffs with a string of winnable games in front of them, and they lost every single one of them. Every single one! 

• Upvote 1

Just now, dbatesman said:

I get that he’s Mr. Positivity or whatever, and I know he feels like he needs to give some perspective, but standing there in the postgame talking about our foundation and young talent and all that is kind of galling. The team controlled its own destiny for the playoffs with a string of winnable games in front of them, and they lost every single one of them. Every single one! 

Could someone perhaps Douglas step in and suggest ramping up practice just a bit? These guys get these jobs and laugh at the system/Woody. 

I can’t believe I’m saying this but this actually makes me miss Rex. 

20 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

The Breece and AVT injuries just killed them. 5-2 with those guys in the lineup, 2-7 since they went down. The run game suddenly didn’t work and they don’t have a viable QB on the roster, so the offense went to sh*t. None of that is Saleh’s fault.

Some of this is also water finding its level—we had no business losing the Minnesota and Detroit games, but we also had no business winning the Cleveland and Denver games. That said, the team has also gotten sloppy. The Pats returning that punt for a TD, Mosley jumping over the line in Buffalo, the red zone stuff in Minnesota, 4th and inches turning into a TD against Detroit, terrible tackling, missed blocks. That is absolutely Saleh’s fault.

It just seems to me that once they got White in the lineup and curbstomped the Bears, the whole team, coaches included, thought they had things figured out and the playoffs were a foregone conclusion. Then White went out and the losses piled up and the bubble burst—guys stopped believing and stopped trying. That’s what happens when you focus on vibes and not execution. Someone on Twitter compared the 4th down against Detroit to the Victor Cruz catch and run in 2011. A sobering thought.

Yeah but at least that Cruz TD ignited the Giants and propelled them to beating the evil empire in the Super Bowl, where is this teams silver lining?  

12 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Could someone perhaps Douglas step in and suggest ramping up practice just a bit? These guys get these jobs and laugh at the system/Woody. 

I can’t believe I’m saying this but this actually makes me miss Rex. 

Not that crazy. Rex was always doomed long-term, but for his first couple years he won a bunch of games and regularly outcoached other teams. Saleh has done neither.

• Upvote 2

Just now, dbatesman said:

Not that crazy. Rex was always doomed long-term, but for his first couple years he won a bunch of games and regularly outcoached other teams. Saleh has done neither.

In terms of the bad coaches we’ve had, he’s probably the best of the bunch. If he could put together an actual staff I wouldn’t be overly opposed to a reunion. Payton is not coming to the Jets. 

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

In terms of the bad coaches we’ve had, he’s probably the best of the bunch. If he could put together an actual staff I wouldn’t be overly opposed to a reunion. Payton is not coming to the Jets. 

Huge IF with Rex, but IF he was to bring in a really good OC, you could win with Rex. I just don't know if Rex has any interest in doing that, becaue a really good offense would put more pressure on his D, which he does not like, and he wants to be the reason they win, and not the offense. Problem is you can't win like that in the modern NFL. You need to generate offense week in and week out. Not sure Rex wants to do that

10 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

They are more than likely going to lose 6 straight games to end the season, all vs. sub .500 Football teams.  And this all happened post deactivating your #2 overall pick QB.  Talking about the culture and the light at the end of the tunnel and how really cool things are happening, is quite frankly insulting. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, JiFields said:

They are more than likely going to lose 6 straight games to end the season, all vs. sub .500 Football teams.  And this all happened post deactivating your #2 overall pick QB.  Talking about the culture and the light at the end of the tunnel and how really cool things are happening, is quite frankly insulting. 

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/22kS/burger-king-whopper-junior-doble-o-triple-spanish

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

OL: We have AVT.  Becton can't be truWR 

Progress!

You have to ask your self why all of these players are 'regressing' - young QBs need to be coached - WRs need to be coached and this crap where they dog their patterns is a discipline problem. Not surprising when our WR coach is too busy golfing and betting to coach the young players.

4 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Someone on Twitter compared the 4th down against Detroit to the Victor Cruz catch and run in 2011. A sobering thought.

I felt in real-time that play combined with the ridiculous clock management on our final possession ended the season. The team followed up that loss with noncompetitive efforts in two straight must win games with the season on the line. 

• Upvote 1