Relax it’s progress

ppls17

I don’t post often but felt the need after a hard loss. Remember the Jets improved from a year ago. There collapse is due to injuries ( not all happened at once)imo. Hall and three potential starters on the offensive line have made it impossible for consistency.

Defense is light years better than last year. And have young promising corners and good pass rushers.

Offense we have becton (long shot potential) max and Vera tucker coming back along with hall eventually. Also have another year of experience of growth from Wilson’s ( Zach may suck but I want to see behind a more stable line)

We wanted meaningful games in December and we had them, next year we demand playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 7
  • Thumb Down 6
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Ugh 3

Yay. Improved. A polished turd.

We're out or the playoffs. For the 12th year in a row.

It was improvement. But it's not good enough.

The Jaguars - that's good enough. The Giants - good enough.

If you can't see changes are needed, I don't know what to tell you. You can disagree all you want, but we will be having this same exact conversation again one year from today when they miss the playoffs for the 13th year in a row. You'll be on the same page as me then. Why not just skip ahead to that now?

• Upvote 1

NFL isn’t a progression sport. It’s not like the NBA or MLB. Injuries are frequent or catastrophic. You strike while the iron is hot in a 3-year window (unless you are a blue blood franchise — the Jets are clearly not that). The iron was hot at 6-3 and the Jets completely blew it. That’s on JD first and Saleh second. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, DireJet said:

NFL isn’t a progression sport. It’s not like the NBA or MLB. Injuries are frequent or catastrophic. You strike while the iron is hot in a 3-year window (unless you are a blue blood franchise — the Jets are clearly not that). The iron was hot at 6-3 and the Jets completely blew it. That’s on JD first and Saleh second. 

Absolutely.  And whatever window we have is going to shut quickly as soon as these young guys need to get paid.  And the most important player on the field is the QB and we're starting from square 1 (again!)

• Upvote 2

Sitting at 7-4, and needing possibly only 1 or 2 more wins to secure a playoff spot, and you go on to lose out and miss the playoffs… that’s progress?  That’s about the worst collapse you can ever experience.  This season had its moments, but in the end it TOTALLY SUCKED.  Progress, my ass. There remains many more questions than answers about this team moving forward.  The fact that we thought otherwise just a few weeks ago speaks to just how disastrous the second half of the season truly was.  

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Yay. Improved. A polished turd.
We're out or the playoffs. For the 12th year in a row.
It was improvement. But it's not good enough.
The Jaguars - that's good enough. The Giants - good enough.
If you can't see changes are needed, I don't know what to tell you. You can disagree all you want, but we will be having this same exact conversation again one year from today when they miss the playoffs for the 13th year in a row. You'll be on the same page as me then. Why not just skip ahead to that now?

If we miss playoffs next year than progress will have stopped so no I wouldn’t be having the same conversation. 12 years unacceptable but let’s not pretend that’s all on this gm and coach

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • WTF? 1

If the jets coaches and front office takes the same attitude that 'oh it was just injuries' they are setting themselves up for horrible failure in the future.

The team has more holes than we thought earlier in the year (regardless of injuries) .  They have to address those holes or we will progress no further.

• Upvote 3

Hard decisions to make, the o line coach needs to go. If Zach is to given a chance it shouldn’t be with La Fluer . The offense is the elephant in the room, defense needs to continue to grow and let Joyner go. If Saleh wants his job he’s got to let heads roll.

14 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

When JD and Saleh arrived the cupboards were bare. The current losing streak is bad but zoom out and we're heading the right direction.

During everyone every 2/3 years sets the franchise back and should be avoided unless it's obvious the team is heading the wrong direction.

Every time you change it coaches/schemes/gms you lose value previously invested in because it doesn't match the new.

Get healthy, bring in a veteran QB and continue to add pieces in the draft. This team isn't far off which no one would have said a few years ago.

I have a lot of respect for your opinions, but I don’t see us in as good a position as you do. I think it’s very easy for Jets fans to confuse finally having a few good young players with them building a team good enough to contend for a title.

I look at teams in the AFC like KC, Cincinnati and Buffalo with strong rosters and great young QBs. Then I see guys Herbert in LA and Watson in Cleveland, and we don’t even have a competent starting QB.

Maybe I’m being overly pessimistic, but I just don’t see a road to beating teams like that any time soon.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

When JD and Saleh arrived the cupboards were bare. The current losing streak is bad but zoom out and we're heading the right direction.

Firing everyone every 2/3 years sets the franchise back and should be avoided unless it's obvious the team is heading the wrong direction.

Every time you change it coaches/schemes/gms you lose value previously invested in because it doesn't match the new.

Get healthy, bring in a veteran QB and continue to add pieces in the draft. This team isn't far off which no one would have said a few years ago.

When Saleh arrived the cupboards were bare because JD traded away almost any player worth anything and he had one of the worst drafts in franchise history to follow that up. His 2nd draft class isnt looking too hot either.

This roster has holes everywhere and we have no QB and no O line.

And guess what. No more surplus of picks from trades. No more surplus of cap space. No top 10 pick.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Green Ghost said:

I have a lot of respect for your opinions, but I don’t see us in as good a position as you do. I think it’s very easy for Jets fans to confuse finally having a few good young players with having a team close to contending for a title.

I look at teams in the AFC like KC, Cincinnati and Buffalo with strong rosters and great young QBs. Then I see guys Herbert in LA and Watson in Cleveland, and we don’t even have a competent starting QB.

Maybe I’m being overly pessimistic, but I just don’t see a road to beating teams like that any time soon.

Our QB situation blows but we best Buffalo with Zach Wilson at QB this year. We need to reset at QB with a steady veteran arm.

Add a T and a C/G in the off-season and there's no reason we can't compete with all those teams.

I think we also realized three critical things this season. 

1. Zach is not it. At least not yet. 

2. White is not it and not worth investing starter money in. 

3. Flacco is not an adequate backup and should not be retained. 

This was important to figure out this season. Hey, if MW ended up leading us to an AFCCG, great, lets resign him. If Zach ended up playing well, even better. But we needed to find out who these guys are in actual games that mattered and we did.  

Now we know that its time to invest in a top FA QB who will be able to really run this offense effectively. Want to draft a QB? Thats great. But its secondary to bringing in a FA veteran to be the starter. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1