Derek Carr fixes this immediately

AFJF

Just now, gdfodder said:

Possible Playoff road games in Buffalo or NE?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

We beat Buffalo without Breece and AVT with Zach throwing for 150 and 1 TD (Below Carr's cold weather average) in perfect weather. Our defense gave up 3 points to NE

I will gladly take Carr and his cold weather stats. It's overblown.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

We beat Buffalo without Breece and AVT with Zach throwing for 150 and 1 TD (Below Carr's cold weather average) in perfect weather. Our defense gave up 3 points to NE

I will gladly take Carr and his cold weather stats. It's overblown.

Especially since a guy like carr doesn’t get to practice in the cold and has only had 6 tries in below 37 degree (not even THAT cold) weather. 

My concern with Carr aren’t his stats, his lack of playoff experience, or history in cold weather. At face value he is a huge upgrade and worth investing in. 

My major concern are the reports of his mental strength. NYJ is a land where QBs come to die. The pressure from fans, media, and the organization is dialed up to the max and you need someone who would relish that opportunity to prove them all wrong, not fold when it gets tough (and it will), and have the balls and will to breakthrough.

I’m not even saying whatever I’ve heard or read about his mental framework is accurate (how would any of us really know) but it makes me pause. Is he built for this social climate in NY/NJ? 

I will say though he‘s been on some bad teams, with no D, lack of O playmakers, organizational dysfunction, coaching carousels, media scrutiny and has hung tough and produced. So maybe those reports were all bs?  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

My concern with Carr aren’t his stats, his lack of playoff experience, or history in cold weather. At face value he is a huge upgrade and worth investing in. 

My major concern are the reports of his mental strength. NYJ is a land where QBs come to die. The pressure from fans, media, and the organization is dialed up to the max and you need someone who would relish that opportunity to prove them all wrong, not fold when it gets tough (and it will), and have the balls and will to breakthrough.

I’m not even saying whatever I’ve heard or read about his mental framework is accurate (how would any of us really know) but it makes me pause. Is he built for this social climate in NY/NJ? 

I will say though he‘s been on some bad teams, with no D, lack of O playmakers, organizational dysfunction, coaching carousels, media scrutiny and has hung tough and produced. So maybe those reports were all bs?  

There are some really good videos on YouTube discussing how toxic a person McDaniels is.  I think Carr getting away from him even if it’s coming here would do wonders

3 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

The devils advocate to that is, if he wins here and pulls it off, he’s immortal and royalty around here forever…I understand your point though.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

There are some really good videos on YouTube discussing how toxic a person McDaniels is.  I think Carr getting away from him even if it’s coming here would do wonders

Dude threw for almost 5k and 70% last year in a year his receiver killed someone and his coach was fired amid controversy…the slander of carr has to stop. Jets fans are just embarrassing themselves calling him a bum and asking for brissett to sign here.

we’ve watched Zach, flacco, mccown, darnold, McElroy, simmian, fales, Sanchez, fitz, a disinterested favre… and some have the audacity to belittle Derek carr, who by all accounts is an awesome teammate and one who cares about the game. 

• Post of the Week 1

47 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Yeah I remember the reports after his stint in Denver explaining what a maniacal pos he was + the fact that he sucked what he pulled with Indy. 

If we're not giving up 1st rounder pick and can just sign this dude. I'd be all in.

43 minutes ago, usanyj said:

The devils advocate to that is, if he wins here and pulls it off, he’s immortal and royalty around here forever…I understand your point though.

Absolutely agree. You win here and you're a legend far greater than your career actually was (see Simms, Eli, and Namath, Jeter).

I'm also not saying what I've heard/read about Carr is even accurate. From my vantage point...he seems mentally tough given the garbage coaches, sh*t rosters, and circus chaos he's had to deal with.

• Upvote 1

Why would any veteran QB, looking for a multi-year deal come to the Jets? Darnold had two different coaches in 3 seasons, Zach Wilson is a train wreck, you have an O-line held together by duct tape, and the Owner, GM, and coaching staff is a perpetual sh*t show and circular firing squad.

Derek Carr played 8 seasons with a team that is "almost" as dysfunctional as the Jets. 

He's not coming here.

15 hours ago, Coquito said:

Why would any veteran QB, looking for a multi-year deal come to the Jets? Darnold had two different coaches in 3 seasons, Zach Wilson is a train wreck, you have an O-line held together by duct tape, and the Owner, GM, and coaching staff is a perpetual sh*t show and circular firing squad.

Derek Carr played 8 seasons with a team that is "almost" as dysfunctional as the Jets. 

He's not coming here.

Because he'd be playing on the best defense he's ever worked with, the team will likley pay an absurd amount of money and he'll probably take a look at what he has to work with on offense.  Wilson, Moore and Hall are a nice trio with more to come via draft.

The OL is better than people understand at this point and again, pick 1 is likely a LT and of course you let Carr know that while you're courting him. 

Edited by AFJF