Derek Carr fixes this immediately

AFJF

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Old enough to remember when the Rams were a Super Bowl team two years before selling out for Matt Stafford, won a Super Bowl, and now they are doomed forever. 

Versus being the Jets, who have the "doomed forever" thing down pat, but no Super Bowl to make years of ineptitude pay off for a bit.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Umm, when younsay he fixes this, it basically suggests the team, or did you not realize that? 

There was a tweet embedded in the original post that showed what it is he fixes.  That being an offense that sucked.  Or did you not realize that?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

25 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Versus being the Jets, who have the "doomed forever" thing down pat, but no Super Bowl to make years of ineptitude pay off for a bit.

If Saleh gets to the Super Bowl with Zach, loses, and then decides he needs a QB who is marginally better than Zach to get the team over the edge, I agree that Carr would be a good enough QB for that. 

• Post of the Week 1

It’s the only move that JD could make outside of signing Lamar Jackson that would immediately bring the Jets into the playoff discussion heading into next year. Carr may not be an elite freak talent like Mahomes, but he’s a steady hand like Cousins that will win a lot of games on his new team.

The Jets are the perfect fit for Carr from a team perspective. From a ‘can he play in NY’ perspective, I’m not so sure. But I have little doubt that the Jets would be a 10+ win team with Carr behind center

For the people who are saying that Carr doesnt fix anything or isnt very good, etc what exactly are you all proposing?

Mike White - I think that ship has sailed

Aaron Rogers - sure, lets give up multiple firsts, huge cap hits and pray that he even remotely cares about football?

Minshew - played bad yesterday so he obviously sucks

1st round draft pick - sure, lets overdraft someone in the middle of the first round 

Derek Carr isnt great, that is why he is available, if he was a cant miss, definitive help to the team, then he wouldnt be available.  This team needs to do something to fix QB and I dont think firing Saleh is the answer so the next "big move" will be to make a splash move at QB and Carr is likely the best possibility of a mediocore bunch.

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

It’s the only move that JD could make outside of signing Lamar Jackson that would immediately bring the Jets into the playoff discussion heading into next year. Carr may not be an elite freak talent like Mahomes, but he’s a steady hand like Cousins that will win a lot of games on his new team.

The Jets are the perfect fit for Carr from a team perspective. From a ‘can he play in NY’ perspective, I’m not so sure. But I have little doubt that the Jets would be a 10+ win team with Carr behind center

It’s a good fit and there just aren’t many landing spots for carr anyway.  How many games would the jets have won with carr this season - NE, minny, Detroit, jax, Balt?  Maybe 2 more?

4 hours ago, JETSY14 said:

How many games has Carr won in his entire career when the temperature is below 37 at kickoff.????

Google it.

I've seen people say this. He's 0-7 and averages 1 TD per game and has only gone over 220 yards once.

I'd like to remind people we got 150 yards and 1 TD from Zach Wilson vs the Bills in perfect weather and won.

I don't care about his cold weather stats

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

It’s a good fit and there just aren’t many landing spots for carr anyway.  How many games would the jets have won with carr this season - NE, minny, Detroit, jax, Balt?  Maybe 2 more?

Yeah I would say that if you swapped Zach for Carr this season, the Jets have 10ish wins and are resting their starters on Sunday. Almost every loss the Jets had this year was primarily due to QB play. I don’t recall a win where we can say the QB was the reason why. Carr is a massive, massive upgrade to what we experienced this season and the last decade plus

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Yeah I would say that if you swapped Zach for Carr this season, the Jets have 10ish wins and are resting their starters on Sunday. Almost every loss the Jets had this year was primarily due to QB play. I don’t recall a win where we can say the QB was the reason why. Carr is a massive, massive upgrade to what we experienced this season and the last decade plus

Jets scored in single digits 4 times and less than 12 points 6 times.  Think about that.  They have played 16 games and have scored 12 points or less 6 times.  If you put almost any other starter in there, you get more points.  Qb/OC fail.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, BCJet said:

For the people who are saying that Carr doesnt fix anything or isnt very good, etc what exactly are you all proposing?

Mike White - I think that ship has sailed

Aaron Rogers - sure, lets give up multiple firsts, huge cap hits and pray that he even remotely cares about football?

Minshew - played bad yesterday so he obviously sucks

1st round draft pick - sure, lets overdraft someone in the middle of the first round 

Derek Carr isnt great, that is why he is available, if he was a cant miss, definitive help to the team, then he wouldnt be available.  This team needs to do something to fix QB and I dont think firing Saleh is the answer so the next "big move" will be to make a splash move at QB and Carr is likely the best possibility of a mediocore bunch.

Sam Darnold if you can convince him and pay him enough.  I think he would be a great bridge QB for this type of offense and get you to 2024 where you go back to the well and draft a QB (ie Bo Nix) then sit said QB for 2024 or most of allowing Darnold to play assuming he can.

I would not put all my eggs in Darnold basket though and try to find another WCO vet QB that does not break the bank.  Let Darnold, cheap vet (maybe White), Strev, and Wilson fight it out in QB competition.

if they insist on keeping MLF then he needs a good QB coach and passing game coordinator or get rid of MLF and rebuild the staff but whatever you do they need a better coaching structure like Chiefs have and a lot of other teams who have routine success do.

JD is out of draft capital and running out of money so to build continued success they need to play it smart here and keep building on the core of this team (Q, Sauce, Breece, GW, AVT) which is not a very big core of A+ players yet.  If they can salvage players like Becton that would be huge.  Also they need to continue to dev JJ, Clemons, Ruckert, and some of the B players. 

This team is going to look a lot different come sept whatever happens.

If Woody steps in and starts axing everyone then who knows...could mean different schemes on both sides of ball and your A+ players are not A+ players anymore.  If they switched to 3/4 for example then Q becomes more pedestrian.  So if he does the Ax I want it to be for Payton only.

if he doesnt do Ax I want him to force feed Saleh into some significant coaching changes.

22 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

I tend to agree with this. If he is so good, why did he get bench?

If that is the question then who are we going to get who didnt get "benched" - are there QBs who their current team wants to keep that are available?

29 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I've seen people say this. He's 0-7 and averages 1 TD per game and has only gone over 220 yards once.

I'd like to remind people we got 150 yards and 1 TD from Zach Wilson vs the Bills in perfect weather and won.

I don't care about his cold weather stats

Yeah but how is he in games where the temp is between 38 and 41?

Google it

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, AFJF said:

Pathetic offense is a QB away from being top 10 with a healthy AVT and Breece Hall.

This is a spot-on data point and insight. Not sure I agree about Carr as the solution, but you’ve identified the right problem.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

This is a spot-on data point and insight. Not sure I agree about Carr as the solution, but you’ve identified the right problem.

Single digits 4 times, 12 or fewer in 6 games.  This spans 3 qbs - flacco wilson white.  They can no longer blame the weapons.  Qb/OC. Narrowing the problem down.  Truth the more qbs fail the more likely it’s coaching.  

• Upvote 1

I am fine with Carr assuming the price is not too high and assuming that we take another swing at finding "our guy" in the middle rounds.

JD needs to take another (and possibly final) swing at fixing the O-Line or none of this will go anywhere.  I know we have had injuries and being unlucky is part of the Jets curse but maybe that has something to do with who is selecting the guys that are getting injured.  Nothing will ever work reliably if the O-Line is broken.

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Old enough to remember when the Rams were a Super Bowl team two years before selling out for Matt Stafford, won a Super Bowl, and now they are doomed forever. 

I’d sign up for a Super Bowl. I’ve never seen one. I’m good with seeing one and dealing with everything else after.