2 playoff appearances since 2007.

Lets add 2 home playoff games in 37 years..

Almost impossible to accomplish 

• Upvote 1

Jets ownership is too loyal. They don't want to appear unstable, so they accept failure and continue to brainwash their fans with their PR department. We'll just have to put up with another season of failure before anything happens. Then we can look forward to the playoffs in 2028. Thank you, Johnsons, you're the best.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Jets ownership is too loyal. They don't want to appear unstable, so they accept failure and continue to brainwash their fans with their PR department. We'll just have to put up with another season of failure before anything happens. Then we can look forward to the playoffs in 2028. Thank you, Johnsons, you're the best.

Too loyal???  In his 22 years as owner, Woody has had 7 HC's.   5 GM's.   

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

In 15 years the Jets have been to the playoffs twice. 2009-2010.   

How anyone can look at Woody as a competent owner is beyond rational.

I have read posts saying we're at least not the Lions or Jags.  That is a joke.

Since 2007 the Giants have won 2 super bowls, have drafted better been to the playoffs at least 5 times (too lazy to count it).

Woody is a laughing stock amongst owners.

No argument to what you stated.

I see two sides to woody. I really do think he wants to win. He spends money, fires/hires after several losing seasons. On the surface he seems to be doing the right things - but just about every decision he makes he F’s up.

it us uncanny when you think about it. Everything he does seems to go to sh-t.

I don’t see him selling so either he gets lucky one time or this is our life

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

In 15 years the Jets have been to the playoffs twice. 2009-2010.   

How anyone can look at Woody as a competent owner is beyond rational.

I have read posts saying we're at least not the Lions or Jags.  That is a joke.

Since 2007 the Giants have won 2 super bowls, have drafted better been to the playoffs at least 5 times (too lazy to count it).

Woody is a laughing stock amongst owners.

Woody raised ticket prices for all of our wonderful and loyal fans.

It all starts at the top. After yesterday’s performance with what was at stake, jobs need to be on the line. From players to coaches.

And their comments after the game makes them sound like pee wee coaches after that performance.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Trotter said:

No argument to what you stated.

I see two sides to woody. I really do think he wants to win. He spends money, fires/hires after several losing seasons. On the surface he seems to be doing the right things - but just about every decision he makes he F’s up.

it us uncanny when you think about it. Everything he does seems to go to sh-t.

I don’t see him selling so either he gets lucky one time or this is our life

I want to play center field for the Yankees.   Desire and ability are different.

He has never had a job. He has never had to evaluate talent, solve a problem, live with the results etc.

He is failing miserably. In any facet of life, he would fail it seems to me.

He happens to be a sperm club winner, I don't despise him. 

He simply doesn't know what he doesn't know.

• Upvote 2

Just now, BP said:

Woody raised ticket prices for all of our wonderful and loyal fans.

It all starts at the top. After yesterday’s performance with what was at stake, jobs need to be on the line. From players to coaches.

And their comments after the game makes them sound like pee wee coaches after that performance.

Saleh has behaved worse than a HS coach since he got here.  The coach at Charlotte Catholic HS in my city had the stadium named after him. Stoic, take no prisoners, well prepared. NEVER saw him high five, chest bump etc.  Saleh is like REX but with less training and it shows.

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Saleh has behaved worse than a HS coach since he got here.  The coach at Charlotte Catholic HS in my city had the stadium named after him. Stoic, take no prisoners, well prepared. NEVER saw him high five, chest bump etc.  Saleh is like REX but with less training and it shows.

As head coach You can’t be everybody’s friend and one of the guys because when you have To come down hard on them they’ll just laugh at you.

Did you see Daboll in the beginning of the giants game yesterday yelling at players coming off the field? That’s the kind of focus i expect from a coach with a playoff birth on the line. Saleh just had this dumb look on his face all game “oh well”

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Did you poll the other owners to come to that conclusion?  

What, specifically, is Woody doing that makes this team lose?  I'm honestly curious.

Have you seen woodys social media on ig or Twitter this season?

2 minutes ago, BP said:

As head coach You can’t be everybody’s friend and one of the guys because when you have To come down hard on them they’ll just laugh at you.

Did you see Daboll in the beginning of the giants game yesterday yelling at players coming off the field? That’s the kind of focus i expect from a coach with a playoff birth on the line. Saleh just had this dumb look on his face all game “oh well”

I love Saleh but you are right here!

Coaching matters!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

What, specifically, is Woody doing that makes this team lose?  I'm honestly curious.

From my post above....

He has never had a job. He has never had to evaluate talent, solve a problem, live with the results etc.

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No, we’re not the Jaguars.…..

….Because they know how to tank properly.  

Trevor Lawrence Dance GIF by SportsManias

And then follow that up with an aces HC hire. Oh but retreads suck (fans) and guys with prior HC success cost too much (Woody). We will continue playing coordinator lottery until Woody’s numbers come in or he’s gone.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BP said:

and Woody/Chris approves the hire of these guys.  Gase, Rex, Saleh, Bowles.

They do NOT know how to vet leadership because they have never had to accomplish anything.

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It's not obvious that he hires the wrong people?

I keep hearing that he spends money. That's pure nonsense. The player salary cap is not the measure of that. You also need to invest in the front office, coaching staff and scouting. He doesn't do that. Every 3-4 years, another unproven "hot" coordinator who has never been a head coach is brought in, fails, repeat.

Proven NFL coaches have been available. He's passed every time. This should be a highly desirable job to attract the best coaching talent, and Woody makes the opposite true. 

Sean Payton would come here. There is 100% certainty that there is a dollar figure that would make it happen. A real owner would make the call now and start the planning today. Payton is building a super staff. It would immediately remove coaching as a question mark with this franchise.

The biggest problem we have is that Woody has neither the brain or the balls to make this happen. He has the money, but as a guy who earned NONE of it, he has no idea what to do with it.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Warfish said:

Nope, nor do I think such things have any effect on winning/losing on the field.

I’d say from a culture standpoint it stems from Woody. Uzomah moonlighting in season as a broadway producer. Quincy Williams going through pregame on national tv in a costume. That’s not happening with teams who are committed to winning. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Nope, nor do I think such things have any effect on winning/losing on the field.

I don’t think there’s another owner in the NFL that does like he does.

My point? He’s an egomaniac that wants the spotlight, otherwise he would be just another rich guy. Just like Jerry jones and Steinbrenner. I think he’s pulling the strings behind the scenes.

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Fired Rex and replaced him with 2 dolts Mac and Bowles. Then hired Gase over McCarthy.  Meddles in personnel decisions like Tim Tebow. Was probably a big Zach Guy

But other than those disasters nothing

6 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

From my post above....

These aren't specific reasons, this is just class warfare writ large.

The results speak for themselves, and I'm not going to bat for Woody, but I'm not seeing his actions as the primary cause of our losses, especially this year.  This is on the constant problem of injuries, it's on Saleh and Zach Wilson, and JD for selecting both of them.

P.S. If it is Woody, we may as well give up being Jets Fans. He's not Dan Snyder, he's not going to get forced out, and he's never going to sell.  So if Woody IS the primary reason, being a Jets Fan is an exercise in conscious, knowing futility.  

20 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I want to play center field for the Yankees.   Desire and ability are different.

You would definitely be an upgrade over Hicks.?

3 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

They do NOT know how to vet leadership because they have never had to accomplish anything.

As Parcells said, you are what your record says you are. And under Woody it’s been bad.

I ask myself all the time “how do they interview these guys and what are the questions “ his first hires were bradway and Herm and the jets won despite those two morons. Gase, Bowles, macanahan and idzik just in the last 8 years

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The results speak for themselves, and I'm not going to bat for Woody, but I'm not seeing his actions as the primary cause of our losses, especially this year.  This is on the constant problem of injuries, it's on Saleh and Zach Wilson, and JD for selecting both of them.

What? Who hired JD? Saleh?

The comments above have nothing to do with class warfare. They are factual commentary. Woody has done nothing in his life to fill his resume with qualifications that lend to success in football, or as the executive of any organization really. His wealth is 100% about luck. He earned nothing, ever. I think most of us can respect those in the higher class that actually worked their way there. 

No, this is about the classes of competence. Woody is in the bottom tier of that.

2 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

What? Who hired JD? Saleh?

The comments above have nothing to do with class warfare. They are factual commentary. Woody has done nothing in his life to fill his resume with qualifications that lend to success in football, or as the executive of any organization really. His wealth is 100% about luck. He earned nothing, ever. I think most of us can respect those in the higher class that actually worked their way there. 

No, this is about the classes of competence. Woody is in the bottom tier of that.

Then like I said, you may as well quite being a fan now, because he's not going anywhere.  

Insanity would be staying, knowing the guy in charge is a disqualifier for any success,

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

P.S. If it is Woody, we may as well give up being Jets Fans. He's not Dan Snyder, he's not going to get forced out, and he's never going to sell.  So if Woody IS the primary reason, being a Jets Fan is an exercise in conscious, knowing futility.  

CEO's/top executives get fired for poor performance. They don't have specific job requirements. Stock price falls consistently...  they get canned.

Agreed, he won't get forced out. BUT, I am confident that at owners meetings, he is laughed at behind his back.

Longest playoff drought, worst franchise in sports last 15 years. Who respects that?

Please, injuries? We haven't drafted /developed a QB in 20 years. Passed on HOF QB's, passed on franchise QB's.

We're talking utter and complete failure since 2007 not 2022.

16 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

And you forgot one very important thing. Accountability. They’ve (woody and Christopher) have never been held accountable for anything their entire lives. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BP said:

And you forgot one very important thing. Accountability. They’ve (woody and Christopher) have never been held accountable for anything their entire lives. 

OK. 

So open question to all of you, what is your proposed solution to the Woody problem, knowing he will not sell the team anytime in our lifetimes?

• Upvote 1