Old Derek Carr Article

36 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I'm pretty sure he can't be on the roster 3 days after the Super Bowl, meaning he'll be cut. I think that means he can sign immediately since he does not have to wait for his contract to expire at the start of the new league year. I'm hoping that's the case at least, I'd love to know where Carr is going before March so plans can be ironed out.

This carr situation will happen fast, like you said, a trade has to come in the next few weeks, as does him being cut.

7 hours ago, THE BARON said:

LaFleur is a guy who wants his players to fit his plan.  That rigidity is a serious flaw.  If we are giving the coaching another year, get the guy who runs the SF offense well.  That is Jimmy G.  Fix the offensive line and upgrade the Corey Davis role and the offense will be fine.  

We need the QB, a big Receiver, a center and a guard.  They can use the salaries of Fant, McGovern, Tomlinson, Berrios, and Davis to fill those holes.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, usanyj said:

This carr situation will happen fast, like you said, a trade has to come in the next few weeks, as does him being cut.

I'm confused how a trade could happen since it's already after the trade deadline, unless a team is willing to take on his current contract. At that point then it just falls on Carr to approve a trade.

My gut feeling is he'll block any trade and will be cut.

32 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I'm confused how a trade could happen since it's already after the trade deadline, unless a team is willing to take on his current contract. At that point then it just falls on Carr to approve a trade.

My gut feeling is he'll block any trade and will be cut.

Agreed, why work with the organization who is throwing you out?