Willie Colon and Bart Scott roast Saleh and his “soft practices”

5 minutes ago, JonMcgraw38 said:

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again. The biggest reason this season ended in collapse is Saleh and his merry crew. GW alluded to this as well. He’s been with a real coaching staff at OSU so he understand preparation. 

Colon on practices: “looks like they are staying at the Ritz out there”

Not promising.

Last time I remember quotes like these there was a guy named Richie as head coach

1 minute ago, jetswin said:

correct me if I'm wrong isnt the physicality of NFL practices now dictated be the players union?  That being said I do agree tht a young football team should never stop working on fundamentals

Not during in season. Camp is more regulated but the Jets practices have been noticeably low intensity under Saleh. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, jetswin said:

correct me if I'm wrong isnt the physicality of NFL practices now dictated be the players union?  That being said I do agree tht a young football team should never stop working on fundamentals

They talked about it last night before the Steelers Ravens game how Tomlinson put the pads on the team for Friday's practice.  

7 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

Saleh is who he was last year. We lucked into a stretch at the beginning of the year, but he’s still a sh*tty HC. Much like we knew early with Bowles, it’s a waiting game now.

Really?  TB coached scared.  Punting down 14 with 2 minutes left in the game. 

I feel like the team responds to Saleh.  He's aggressive on offense and defense.  He seems to have a feeling for the clock.  Yeah he made mistakes, but at least he had a reason for doing what he did. 

I'd dump him for Payton right now, but he's not TB level of weak. 

• Thumb Down 1

Saleh coached hard last year and he had a ton of injuries.  There were a bunch of articles in the preseason about how he was adjusting practices to try to keep everyone healthy.  Obviously the Jets still had a million injuries, but they were all in games not on Wednesday like last year.  

Damned if you do.... 

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Willie a real one for finally saying it though. He may be in more jeopardy of losing his job now than Saleh is lol. Didn’t SNY can Lucas for being critical?

I don’t know how old you are but that was what happened to Freeman McNeil after he retired. He got a gig on the Jets radio network, similar to what Buttle does now. We used to love to listen to the post game in the parking lot because Freeman never held back, win or lose. That lasted for a couple of years and then they pulled the plug. He got punished for telling the truth. Colonel Jessup would have loved him.?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Saleh coached hard last year and he had a ton of injuries.  There were a bunch of articles in the preseason about how he was adjusting practices to try to keep everyone healthy.  Obviously the Jets still had a million injuries, but they were all in games not on Wednesday like last year.  

Damned if you do.... 

jets practices have been very light under Saleh, both seasons. 

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1