Buffalo exposed us.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yeah, sure, we beat them the first time. Good feels... but, in our second game, they adapted. We were in good shape after Chicago and honestly did enough to win vs. Minny (Berrios sucks).

The Buffalo game started the spiral.

1.) The way they attacked our pass protection was different. They got to MW with ease. They hit him full speed. Since this game, those same pass protection issues have been exploited by every team we faced since. Zach looked worse. Mike looked worse. The offensive coaches are expected to fix this. We need to stop bitching about the QBs and identify the real issue… we couldn’t get this right. Injuries are not an excuse. Brown, Tomlinson, McGovern and Fant are starting caliber OL. When every team is able to beat us the same way, it’s not about individual wins/losses in matchups. It is a coaching/scheme failure.

2.) They made Dawson Knox their #1 receiving target. They made the RBs their #2 options. Look at the catches, yards and TDs we’ve allowed to these positions since Buff round 2. The RBs and TEs have been moved all over the formation and we had no answer… for over a month. Again, this is a scheme/coaching failure.

I feel like I’ve been pointing this out for a month straight. It’s just glaring to me… and needs to find its way into the convo, because the QB debate and individual player scrutiny is just silly to me. The coach staff was made an example of and still has no idea what hit them.

So how does coaching not adres this? I mean if a guy in JN points it out they dont realize it. SO my question to you 

Is it they are morons and didnt realize it?

Is it they not flexible in changing schemes?

Are they to stubborn?

Like why never adjust. 

2 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

So how does coaching not adres this? I mean if a guy in JN points it out they dont realize it. SO my question to you 

Is it they are morons and didnt realize it?

Is it they not flexible in changing schemes?

Are they to stubborn?

Like why never adjust. 

I don’t think there is any one reason. It’s multiple…

I’m sure they’ve ‘tried’ to adjust, but it takes know-how to shift the scheme AND teach it. My guess is that the inexperienced coaching staff didn’t know how to install changes, so they fell back on their comfort zones - because the blame game usually points to players first.

I also think in-game is an even more difficult for inexperienced coaches to install new schema. So, in-game it probably looks like stubborn insistence and loyalty to what’s not working, but the reality is, we have a staff full of guys that are disciples of Shanny… not Shanny himself. So, kinda like how Nangini only knew how to mimic Bill, all we get with our staff is mimickery, not ingenuity.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yeah, sure, we beat them the first time. Good feels... but, in our second game, they adapted. We were in good shape after Chicago and honestly did enough to win vs. Minny (Berrios sucks).

1.) The way they attacked our pass protection was different. They got to MW with ease. They hit him full speed. Since this game, those same pass protection issues have been exploited by every team we faced since. Zach looked worse. Mike looked worse. The offensive coaches are expected to fix this. We need to stop bitching about the QBs and identify the real issue… we couldn’t get this right. Injuries are not an excuse. Brown, Tomlinson, McGovern and Fant are starting caliber OL. When every team is able to beat us the same way, it’s not about individual wins/losses in matchups. It is a coaching/scheme failure.

2.) They made Dawson Knox their #1 receiving target. They made the RBs their #2 options. Look at the catches, yards and TDs we’ve allowed to these positions since Buff round 2. The RBs and TEs have been moved all over the formation and we had no answer… for over a month. Again, this is a scheme/coaching failure.

I feel like I’ve been pointing this out for a month straight. It’s just glaring to me… and needs to find its way into the convo, because the QB debate and individual player scrutiny is just silly to me. The coach staff was made an example of and still has no idea what hit them.

The Jets lead the league in empty set formations this year. BB exploited this in the 2nd NE game. Send one more Rushers than the Jets have blockers. The inexperience of Zach gave him "Jimmy Legs" in the pocket. White was beaten so badly in the Bills game he turned into Zach.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Claymation said:

The Jets lead the league in empty set formations this year. BB exploited this in the 2nd NE game. Send one more Rushers than the Jets have blockers. The inexperience of Zach gave him "Jimmy Legs" in the pocket. White was beaten so badly in the Bills game he turned into Zach.

Yea, I posted that tidbit my Narnia (via Cimini). The empty sets are absurd. Especially since Carter and Ty J are good in pass pro

Just now, Anthony Jet said:

MLF is the weakest link on the team, been saying that since the Zach Wilson days, he kept getting a pass because of ZW pla

Credit to you. You weren’t wrong. I thought he was okay, but the last 4-5 weeks or whatever really made it clear he has one script and cannot deviate.

16 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I think it was Minn that exposed the offense then Buff had 10 days to plan for and exploit.

the one main thing I think they saw and exploited was how white stood in pocket and got hit like he did in Minn late in game which Minn almost took him out of the game too.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

I think it was Minn that exposed the offense then Buff had 10 days to plan for and exploit.

the one main thing I think they saw and exploited was how white stood in pocket and got hit like he did in Minn late in game which Minn almost took him out of the game too.

There’s nothing to expose

Mike White has been garbage in every single start he’s had against an NFL team outside of that fluke Bengals game ?

2 TDs 10 picks

GARBAGE

• Sympathy 1

Jets exposed themselves. Bad offense with a really good RB and a really good OLer. Add that to the fact that they beat a bunch of easy teams. Buffalo might have beat their pass protection but it wasn’t like it was doing well before that. The OL has been awful since AVT went down. 
Bottom line is, Jets weren’t a playoff team but they made themselves look like it by beating bad teams. It’s what we all expected but it still hurts, especially when it looked like they could do it. 

1 minute ago, FactsOnly said:

There’s nothing to expose

Mike White has been garbage in every single start he’s had against an NFL team outside of that fluke Bengals game ?

2 TDs 10 picks

GARBAGE

I think it all depends on killer instinct of opposing coaches.  Once White showed he would stick in pocket because of I dunno desperation for starting job he made himself and the whole team vulnerable to unscrupulous coaching

16 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

I think it all depends on killer instinct of opposing coaches.  Once White showed he would stick in pocket because of I dunno desperation for starting job he made himself and the whole team vulnerable to unscrupulous coaching

Stick in the pocket as opposed to what?

he cannot move - he’s Tom Brady with 0 of the talent

44 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It's both a coaching AND a personnel failure.  We have very slow LBs.  I have no idea why it took the rest of the league half a season to figure this out about the Jets.  For a while there, we were actually doing well vs TEs too.  But then 'backtoreality'...   Our LB group sucks. 

When MLF came in and tried to install the Zone Blocking scheme with players who weren't right for it and had little experience with it was when I knew he was going to be a problem.

McDaniel did the same thing in Miami and their running game and pass blocking have been a disaster. 

The Jets counted on Hall to get huge chuck plays and Miami has counted on Hill/Waddle getting huge chunk plays. When those weren't available.. both of them have regressed mightily on offense. 

This is why Daboll should have been hired when interviewed. He doesn't force his scheme on players who can't execute it. 

34 minutes ago, Dcat said:

It's both a coaching AND a personnel failure.  We have very slow LBs.  I have no idea why it took the rest of the league half a season to figure this out about the Jets.  For a while there, we were actually doing well vs TEs too.  But then 'backtoreality'...   Our LB group sucks. 

Yea, I thought we finally fixed the TE problem, because we’ve had it since Rex. I mean, the whole league has become more vulnerable to the position in the past 10-15 years. It’s an understandable weak spot, but not something that allows teams to just March down the field each week, which is how this month has gone.