Athletic report: Sources close to Harbaugh believe it’s “done deal” if he gets NFL offer

Jet Life

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Jets are always in tweener mode when good candidates become available.

By tweener i mean they have not given the existing QB and or gm enough time to get results and they don't have the balls to make a bold move.

We will miss out on harbaugh and payton becasue saleh has only been here two years.

Yep, has happened so many times over the years. classic Jets. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

By tweener i mean they have not given the existing coach and or gm enough time to get results and they don't have the balls to make a bold move.

We will miss out on harbaugh and payton becasue saleh has only been here two years.

Oh how I hope you are wrong.  You'd think Woody would have learned all this by now. If harbaugh wants to come here, Woody would be crazy not to show Salad la porte.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

By tweener i mean they have not given the existing coach and or gm enough time to get results and they don't have the balls to make a bold move.

I was completely behind Saleh but this collapse has been unbelievably bad. The team quit in successive weeks with everything on the line which is fireable. If the Jets get embarrassed by Miami I think Woody might make a move, especially given the Giants success with a weaker roster. I’d put those odds at 5-10% at best though. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, PS17 said:

I was completely behindSaleh but this collapse has been unbelievably bad. The team quit in successive weeks with everything on the line which is fireable. If the Jets get embarrassed by Miami I think Woody might make a move, especially given the Giants success with a weaker roster. I’d put those odds at 5-10% at best though. 

The problem is, if we were firing Saleh after only two years, I'd want a proven, big time coach (Payton, Harbaugh). 

a) I don't see either of those guys coming here. 

b) In order to make it happen, you'd have to dump Douglas, which isn't happening

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

The problem is, if we were firing Saleh after only two years, I'd want a proven, big time coach (Payton, Harbaugh). 

A) I don't see either of those guys coming here. 

b) In order to make it happen, you'd have to dump Douglas, which isn't happening

I agree, unfortunately. I don’t see it. As I’ve also mentioned Woody has never paid up for a top tier coach or GM. 

Also why would Harbaugh leave Michigan after finally getting the program to where it needed to be?

• Upvote 1

nil is going to drive a lot of these coaches to consider options. College football and basketball have become one year reviews with transfer portal.  He would have taken Vikings job last year, if offered I think he would take this job. 

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I don't think Payton comes back until the kid from USC declares. I'd bet money that he goes to whoever holds that #1 pick in 2024.

Harbaugh, I like and would get behind. If you deem Saleh to be a bad coach then go ahead and cut bait. If you think Saleh has some flaws that can get ironed out, then I'd keep him. I prefer stability so long as it is not clearly detrimental as we saw with Gase.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Payton, imho, is probably overrated. That’s the sort of thing that happens when you’ve enjoyed having one of most productive QBs in the history of the sport as your starter for your entire career. Even with Brees, he only won more than one postseason game once in his career - the only championship in his 15 year run. 

Harbaugh did better with Colin Kaepernick. 

• Upvote 3