Athletic report: Sources close to Harbaugh believe it’s “done deal” if he gets NFL offer

Jet Life

13 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Isn't Woody still paying Gase?

Lol. It looks like gase and Gregg Williams contracts just ended with this week. I doubt woody has an appetite to just keep it rolling lol.  This effing franchise my god ?

Gase, whose contract runs through 2022, was 9-23, including a franchise-record 13-game losing streak to start 2020.Jan 3, 2021

2 hours ago, Wit said:

Is harbaugh that great, or is San Fran so well run, they are idiot proof. 

Nope not even in the slightest....

The franchise took a nosedive after they fired Harbaugh....and the only reason why he was canned was because of friction with GM Trent Baalke....

It took them striking Gold years later with the Shanahan/John Lynch combo and even that took a few years to materialize...

2 hours ago, k-met57 said:

i don't want harbaugh. he's literally managed to burn a bridge everywhere he's ever coached.

So has Parcells....

Harbaugh is a culture changer type coach who has built up every program he's run thus far....but his act wears thin on those around him after a while....but we could just a jump starter type of HC to set us on a path...

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Jets are always in tweener mode when good candidates become available.

By tweener i mean they have not given the existing coach and or gm enough time to get results and they don't have the balls to make a bold move.

We will miss out on harbaugh and payton becasue saleh has only been here two years.

I think someone’s forgetting the time we got rid of Pete Carrol to hire Rich Kotite when broke free ? 

• Upvote 2
  • Ugh 1

1 minute ago, talonmm said:

Many at Jet Nation continue to claim that most top coaches (ex. Parcells and Bellicheck) when having their pick of places to coach want no part of Woody.  Is this true?

There's no coach alive that wouldn't take the job if the money is right. Everyone has a price.

The real problem is Woody doesn't understand this, or does, but won't. 

51 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

So has Parcells....

Harbaugh is a culture changer type coach who has built up every program he's run thus far....but his act wears thin on those around him after a while....but we could just a jump starter type of HC to set us on a path...

its a risky move....as you said he wears people out....and that could happen after a losing streak in year 2.

• Upvote 2

Reminds me of the time when Bill Cowher was absolutely, definitely, 100% guaranteed to be coming back to coach in the NFL, but only if he got the right offer. Each season in December we had the same reports from the same people that Cowher would come back to coach if he got the right offer.

Harbaugh is using the same playbook to get what he wants from Michigan. Why would he jump ship to the NFL when he gets everything he wants from his college team and doesn't have to worry about managing the egos of players or their agents who are looking at their next pay cheque?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

Reminds me of the time when Bill Cowher was absolutely, definitely, 100% guaranteed to be coming back to coach in the NFL, but only if he got the right offer. Each season in December we had the same reports from the same people that Cowher would come back to coach if he got the right offer.

Harbaugh is using the same playbook to get what he wants from Michigan. Why would he jump ship to the NFL when he gets everything he wants from his college team and doesn't have to worry about managing the egos of players or their agents who are looking at their next pay cheque?

didn't he like get on a plane to go to minnesota thinking it was a done deal? and then was "offended" that it was an interview? this seem to have more legs than the Cowher thing...but i get what you are saying.

20 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

There's no coach alive that wouldn't take the job if the money is right. Everyone has a price.

The real problem is Woody doesn't understand this, or does, but won't. 

It's for sure the latter....which is why I remain adamant that we'll never land these top guys....Woody isn't willing to pony up the funds and the autonomy necessary to land them...

Ask Parcells and Belichick why they ran away shortly after Woody bought the team....

I am a Michigan fan and don’t want him for the Jets.  You know how certain coaches always seem to have players who commit stupid penalties, or bad decisions at key times?  That’s Harbaugh. He’s also a little wacky.  Just doesn’t seem like a good fit for us if we want to eliminate the Franklin-Meyers and Mosley game-losing plays.

He also hired some terrible coordinators.  Do we want to go down that road again?

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, talonmm said:

Many at Jet Nation continue to claim that most top coaches (ex. Parcells and Bellicheck) when having their pick of places to coach want no part of Woody.  Is this true?

Other teams can make big offers and woody is terrible owner to work for. He’s inept and meddles

Plus I doubt he wants anything to do with Suck Wilson. Will likely want to draft his own qb

12 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Jets are always in tweener mode when good candidates become available.

By tweener i mean they have not given the existing coach and or gm enough time to get results and they don't have the balls to make a bold move.

We will miss out on harbaugh and payton becasue saleh has only been here two years.

Idk Saleh is far from a bad coach. We over performed by every measure this year. Grass is not always greener on the other side. I get Sean Payton should be good, but he and Michigan's pride and joy are no guarantee. I really wanted harbaugh but think Saleh should get his due. He was pegged coach of the year multiple games this season.

Far from someone that should be fired.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

I think someone’s forgetting the time we got rid of Pete Carrol to hire Rich Kotite when broke free ? 

And I think that Caroll was on at least a 4-5 game skid after the team had been in the playoff hunt.  IIRC, the Caroll downfall began when Dan Marino punked out our rookie CB (Aaron Glenn) with the infamous clock play. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Dcat said:

And I think that Caroll was on at least a 4-5 game skid after the team had been in the playoff hunt.  IIRC, the Caroll downfall began when Dan Marino punked out our rookie CB (Aaron Glenn) with the infamous clock play. 

The fake spike was Pete carrol ruination 

Crazy to think jets have had 3 HOF level coaches in Parcells , BB and Carroll and nothing to show for it 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

The fake spike was Pete carrol ruination 

Crazy to think jets have had 3 HOF level coaches in Parcells , BB and Carroll and nothing to show for it 

BB never coached a game for the Jets.  Parcells was there for what felt like a cup of coffee.

• Upvote 1

We hear this song every so often, and we do the same dance every time. "his wife loves it here... we would be instantly competitive... give him anything he wants... he would be the HC/GM and wouldn't even throw Kevin a beating" etc etc. He isn't coming here. I bet he doesn't even come back to the NFL. 

3 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Maybe , or maybe SF just had a good team after so many bad years and compiling draft picks. 

Let me ask you, is he a bigger gamble in your mind than the absolute trash we have called a head coach here over the last decade? Do you have faith we can find a first time head coach better than him? 

• Upvote 2