Mike White Starting On Sunday

39 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Sounds like a handful of you were hoping Zach Wilson would get the start against a team he played relatively well against earlier so you can have something to keep you warm at night heading into the long offseason. No such luck. 

Why would they do that? We need to lose and Mike White is the best guy for the job. 

• Post of the Week 1

33 minutes ago, usapaw said:

So he hero's it out with a flack jacket, that he normally doesn't wear, and fractured ribs, likely had injections for pain; now he is a bum. Check. Jesus, how many times have you been married? JK. Unbelievable.    

Correct 

16 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

there is a diff between winning when it matters and winning when it doesn't...psych 101

I honestly don’t understand. I didn’t understand why so many were sure he was the answer after like 2 good games, having been cut by the jets 4x, etc.

I now don’t understand how so many who loved him up til yesterday are now so sure he stinks.

And I have zero idea how he’ll be perceived if he has a good game next Sunday. Awesome again! Or does that depend.

33 minutes ago, Cornfed said:

Up until yesterday, White was playing for his career. He could win two games and become the king of the city and be the long term answer for the Jets as he'd lead them to a playoff run!

He shat the proverbial bed, and now sports radio, forums, and social media are sure that he's not the answer. The Jets QB for 2023 is not on the roster, etc.

What happens if he puts up 300+ yards and they win on Sunday?

This is not a leading question and I'm not trying to make any dramatic points. I'm legitimately curious - if he has a good week, is everything fine again? With just 1 additional bad game yesterday, he seems to have lost most of his fans. If he has a good one, is he back to being great?

Probably. But it’s a meaningless game. It will be typical Jets to use a win Sunday to crown MW king and run with him next season and give him a 3 year contract. Starting him Sunday, if in fact he is still injured, is idiotic. But that’s what we do and a loss is good. 

1 minute ago, GangGreened said:

If he still needs to wear the flack jacket or any type of preventative measure needs to be taken, he shouldn’t be playing in a meaningless game.

The more I see, the more I realize this coaching staff is beyond clueless. Jesus. 

I said this yesterday but they’re letting MW start almost as a thank you for being a good solider this year.

He’s from Florida & he’s auditioning for another team in 23-24. People need to stop overreacting to this news. 

• Upvote 1

There is no way the Jets will offer White a much bigger deal with guaranteed money of any consequence but he could get a deal with attainable incentives if he plays and has success. He makes in the 2.5 area on a one year contract for 2022, you could maybe see it doubled with a chance at 10 plus if he starts games. 

Just now, Rangers9 said:

There is no way the Jets will offer White a bigger deal with guaranteed money of any consequence but he could get a deal with attainable incentives if he plays and has success. I think he makes in the 2.5 per area you could maybe see it doubled with a chance at 10 plus if he starts games. 

Someone will sign him as a backup. The Jets QB situation was so gross that backup was never a defined position. It was transitional. 

MW should prob be aiming to back-up a big time QB like Mahomes, Burrow, Herbert, Allen or Lamar. He’ll extend his career in the league longer and stay healthier. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DireJet said:

Someone will sign him as a backup. The Jets QB situation was so gross that backup was never a defined position. It was transitional. 

MW should prob be aiming to back-up a big time QB like Mahomes, Burrow, Herbert, Allen or Lamar. He’ll extend his career in the league longer and stay healthier. 

If yesterday’s game was an anomaly and the result of broken ribs he has a chance to compete for a starter’s job. It wasn’t just fans on this board overhyping him but NFL commentators incl ex players were jumping on board saying the guy could play. That is before yesterday. But if yesterdays game and last year’s Bills game, two really bad performances is the norm there’s plenty of good young QBs coming into the NFL we’re seeing them in bowl games and most aren’t going to be high draft picks. Some like the 49ers kid are going to be good players. 

19 minutes ago, DireJet said:

I said this yesterday but they’re letting MW start almost as a thank you for being a good solider this year.

He’s from Florida & he’s auditioning for another team in 23-24. People need to stop overreacting to this news. 

Auditioning as a backup somewhere?

They can thank him by offering him a contract to be our backup QB.

Just now, GangGreened said:

Auditioning as a backup somewhere?

They can thank him by offering him a contract to be our backup QB.

It’s possible but we don’t have the best QB situation for getting the most $ as a backup. I like MW a lot but that Seattle game felt like the end for him in NY. Sunday’s game is more about him securing a bag elsewhere than coming back to us. 

What’s the difference? White is who he is, one game is not tipping the scales. Would be nice to win and knock out the fins n pats, but at this point, who cares. In all honesty, this is a meaningless game for the Jets, with exception to draft status, and don’t expect much either way. From top to bottom, the team should be ashamed of themselves, but the way there going, they will celebrate this win (if they do win) as if it’s the Super Bowl.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

24 minutes ago, jetswinbaby! said:

I have come to a realization...

This CS has known the truth all along...

The decision to start Mike White these last few games was not because Mike White is good...

It is because Zach Wilson is really, really bad...

This staff can’t coach a player up during a week being active.  Mike White got better while they pulled him out after a dreadful camp.  Mims can’t learn the routes while he practices and plays.  

Zach’s in the same dumpster fire with everyone else.  This staff can’t teach a WR to run an exact route.  They can’t work on a QBs footwork and game plan (funny to see White now develop the same exact issues - it’s coaching) 

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, y2k8 said:

Pats will lose to Bills

Dolphins will lose to the Jets

Browns will lose to Pittsburgh

The Steelers will get into the playoffs after having their worst season in a generation.

And the Jets - after having one of their best in the last 12 years - will be watching from home yet again.

God loves the Steelers and hates us.

They have a better coaching staff.

4 hours ago, Hex said:

If White is going to play like he did against Seattle (regardless of injury or not) I’m going to be pissed. 

Maybe he can prove that he knows how to score TDs? 
What’s he 0-12 on his last 12 shots at one?  

4 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I kinda hope he throws like 4 picks so we can just move on from the idiotic thought of making a practice squad 3rd QB type QQBthe starter.  White sucks. He is not signed. Let him find another home. Zach too

He hasn’t practiced in few weeks, his first bad game. Zach was had about 20. Hope we can keep him as number 2, zach is a career 4

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Maybe he can prove that he knows how to score TDs? 
What’s he 0-12 on his last 12 shots at one?  

Unfortunately that feels to be more of an OC issue, as Zach struggled with that too. I’m hoping he at least doesn’t play like trash.