Mike White Starting On Sunday

2 minutes ago, Hex said:

Unfortunately that feels to be more of an OC issue, as Zach struggled with that too. I’m hoping he at least doesn’t play like trash.

Not so sure.  All I heard when MW replaced ZW was we now know it’s not he OC.  
Now it’s the OC again.

1 minute ago, Barton said:

Play calling in the red zone, though. 

LaFleur is so bad. Soooo bad. 

MLF called for the INT? MLF called for throws to go behind receivers?  Over their heads?  And really late?  
It’s gone from MW proves MLF is good to MLF is soooo bad.
MW had a bad day, really bad day that hurt the team.  Happens.  I’m not putting it all on MLF

• Upvote 4

He hasn’t practiced in few weeks, his first bad game. Zach was had about 20. Hope we can keep him as number 2, zach is a career 4

He beat the lousy Bears and couldn’t score multiple TD’s in the Vikings/Bills game and they lost both of those games. He’s simply not as good as he was in the Bears game. The skill set is just not there.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

17 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

MLF called for the INT? MLF called for throws to go behind receivers?  Over their heads?  And really late?  
MW had a bad day, really bad day that hurt the team.  Happens.  I’m not putting it all on MLF

Yeah MW said as much in the postgame. You’re not breaking news here or saying something profound. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I'm talking about LaFleurs red zone play calling all year long, regardless of who the QB is.

BTW, Mike White has broken ribs. He was not himself out there. We've never seen him throw behind receivers like that so often in a game. 

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Haha, which is why the Jets will win this game by two TDs. 

The jets in meaningless January games are juggernauts. 

you can almost bet the ranch on this one.  They will win and win big.

Then there will be a lot of fist pumps and joy

and Saleh will be cashing in receipts

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

you can almost bet the ranch on this one.  They will win and win big.

Then there will be a lot of fist pumps and joy

and Saleh will be cashing in receipts

This is my absolute biggest fear. 

The Jets win big against a reeling Dolphins club with a 3rd string QB, Saleh vomits the same jingles in his last presser, and Woody and half the fanbase eat it all up heading into the offseason. Just prolonging the inevitable. 

We need the Jets to get beat by 30 points after they only score 3 FGs, to drive the final nail in the coffin and move on. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JTJet said:

The Jets win big against a reeling Dolphins club with a 3rd string QB, Saleh vomits the same jingles in his last presser, and Woody and half the fanbase eat it all up heading into the offseason. Just prolonging the inevitable. 

We need the Jets to get beat by 30 points after they only score 3 FGs, to drive the final nail in the coffin and move on. 

Honestly, I don't see Saleh getting fired, regardless. 

The way he is talking, he has already been assured that he's coming back next year. He already made it clear after the Jags game that he wasn't worried about making the playoffs this year and his team played like it on Sunday. LOL

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Honestly, I don't see Saleh getting fired, regardless. 

The way he is talking, he has already been assured that he's coming back next year. He already made it clear after the Jags game that he wasn't worried about making the playoffs this year and his team played like it on Sunday. LOL

i dunno but if I were him I would try and say as little as possible through the next week or so...maybe wear all green or something to blend into background and hide.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Because firing a HC who’s team improved drastically over his first season is a recipe for success.   Because you’re mad

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

It’s amazing that last years overall 2nd pick is benched again for a guy who can’t take a deep breath without pain.

Why didn’t I listen to my dad and become a Giants fan?

They have a full 2 years to continue "evaluating" ZW. 

MW has 1 game left on his contract.  They might as well get as many data points as they can.

The OL right now is 5 turnstiles.  A significant ZW injury would also complicate matters as far as potentially moving him in the offseason.

It's intelligent management to start MW.

18 minutes ago, rangerous said:

This can only benefit white. I think any players that have been on the bubble for next season have already made their cases. The only thing is will the rest of the team play hard to support white? 

Wait I thought the team loved MW and would run through walls for him , they even had - you know T shirts . 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, rangerous said:

This can only benefit white. I think any players that have been on the bubble for next season have already made their cases. The only thing is will the rest of the team play hard to support white? 

Sadly, I think that ship has sailed. Mike White's big opportunity was this playoff run. Him getting hurt before our last two most winnable games (Detroit, Jax) was very unfortunate and the giant EGG he laid this past week in Seattle was likely decisive. The team needed to play hard "to support white" (and, you know, make the playoffs!) two days ago. It didn't happen. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Sadly, I think that ship has sailed. Mike White's big opportunity was this playoff run. Him getting hurt before our last two most winnable games (Detroit, Jax) was very unfortunate and the giant EGG he laid this past week in Seattle was likely decisive. The team needed to play hard "to support white" (and, you know, make the playoffs!) two days ago. It didn't happen. 

yes, two wins probably would've sealed a nice career for white but given the way the whole team played even winning in miami can help.  he can get back on track by having a good game.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Maxman said:

Wouldn't a Jets win keep Miami out of the playoffs?

Yeah

But with a loss we get a higher draft pick with the possibility of major turnover, the Pats are eliminated and we get to watch Miami get sh*t stomped on national TV in the first round.

Who views Miami as a threat in the postseason with Bridgewater or Skylar Thompson behind center?

• Upvote 2

1)  Start Zach = loss and better draft position

2) Bench Mike White to keep his value down.  Sign him 3 yrs/15M as a solid backup and, who knows, maybe a starter down the road  

However, Jets are guaranteed to do the short sited opposite. They will play White who will pass for 375/4/0, will win, and will be signed for 3yrs/45 million and drop draft position to 17th.   

On 1/2/2023 at 5:58 PM, JETS SB said:

Probably. But it’s a meaningless game. It will be typical Jets to use a win Sunday to crown MW king and run with him next season and give him a 3 year contract. Starting him Sunday, if in fact he is still injured, is idiotic. But that’s what we do and a loss is good. 

You really are an ass, aren't you? 

On 1/2/2023 at 4:30 PM, Lith said:

Pretty sure he will come cheap.  Back up QBs generally earn less than $7.5M:

• Jimmy G: $7M
  • Teddy B: $6.5M
  • Case Keenum: $6M
  • Tyrod Taylor: $5.5M
  • Brissett: $4.65M
  • Dalton: $3.0M
  • Foles $3.1M

Given his injury history and inconsistent play, I can't see an argument for White making more than $5M.  Even at that, I would be hesitant to bring him back.  What good is a back up QB who can't stay in the lineup.  If a guy like Minshew comes at a similar price, at least he stays in the lineup when he needs to play,

Yep, plus there are others. Look how much Trubisky got to back up Allen last year: $2.5MM. This was a full-time starter for a few years, with more production and a top 3 pick pedigree. And yes...Flacco. $3.5MM each of the last 2 years. Plus others, to your point.

The only reason White might get more is if someone brings him in to start, seeing untapped potential. I think his injury history prevents that from happening, though. He's going to have to show someone he can make it through one season before someone gives him an 8-figure payout for any 1 year. 

He might get a JG-like deal, in that it's a low base but can grow quite a bit with playing time incentives he'll only hit if he's healthy (or good enough) to stay on the field.