The giants rebuild

kmnj

Literally makes me sick - they have a first year coach and are in the playoffs- nothing worse then hearing giant fans today talking playoffs

i like joes last draft but his first one set this team back 3-5 years - you can’t bomb on qb and tackle like he did with such high picks. I think he hired the wrong coach as well - jets should hire so Or harbaugh no matter the cost 

• Upvote 3
  • More Ugh 1

26 minutes ago, jetswin said:

Two questions...

1. How would the Giants have done with Mike White at QB?

2.How would the Jets have done with Matt Jones at QB?

The season for these two teams came down to one position, nothing about rebuilds (as I think the Jets are much further along).

Yeah sure they are in the playoffs but we are further along … might be one of the worst takes ever 

Joe used a high first round pick for a terrible qb and a bust of a tackle for his rebuild 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

The first draft was our miserable FO’s fault.  JD didn’t even have a coach and a system in place with which to draft players.  So he picked a bunch of high risk project players that could be molded to fit any system.  I’ve also still not given up on Becton.  In any event, that was a 1 year mulligan.  

The big bust unfortunately is Zac, which as I’ve always suspected wouldn’t work out.  That really does set us back 2 years minimum.  Next season a new qb will need to be brought in, and unless they are a super savvy old vet, it usually takes most qbs a few years to acclimate to a teams system.  

This is why most franchises wallow in mediocrity.  Missing on a top 10 draft pick franchise quarterback is usually a regime killer.

• Haha 1

Let’s relax with the Giants talk for a minute. They’re 14 point underdogs this weekend and probably won’t win another game this year. I’ll still gladly take our roster over theirs right now and believe we are setup pretty good if we make the right moves this off-Season

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

Let’s relax with the Giants talk for a minute. They’re 14 point underdogs this weekend and probably won’t win another game this year. I’ll still gladly take our roster over there’s right now and believe we are setup pretty good if we make the right moves this off-Season

90S Wow GIF

11 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Let’s relax with the PLAYOFF BOUND Giants talk for a minute. They’re 14 point underdogs this weekend and probably won’t win another game this year. I’ll still gladly take our roster over there’s right now and believe we are setup pretty good if we make the right moves this off-Season

Their QB is decent, if we had him, Saleh still would have been outcoached every week. BUT with Jones we have at least 2 more wins.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

Makes the Jets "3 6 year plan" look even stupider, for sure.

The Vagiants were every bit as much in the hole after Gettleman as the Jets were after Mac. 

They fixed it a lot faster.

And if you (accurately) believe that the Jets have more talent on the roster, then what does that say about the coaching staff?

Fixed your typo

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jetswin said:

Two questions...

The season for these two teams came down to one position, nothing about rebuilds (as I think the Jets are much further along).

Counter question: who is Matt Jones?

Your point is silly, considering Mike White wasn't the plan. It was Zach Wilson. He was a colossal failure and the coaching staff's approach to his development was also a failure.

There's no such thing as "yeah but if it wasn't for this one thing...", especially when it's the single most important thing. The QB decision and development is part of the process.  The Jets process obviously failed in that regard. I just don't understand how some are always seeking to excuse these failures as one-offs. 

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Let’s relax with the Giants talk for a minute. They’re 14 point underdogs this weekend and probably won’t win another game this year. I’ll still gladly take our roster over there’s right now and believe we are setup pretty good if we make the right moves this off-Season

This is a perfect Jets fan mentality. "We're better because of what I think might happen next year!"

Sorry. I'd rather watch a playoff game.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

They have a QB and LT. Edge rushers are better than the Jets too. It’s close, but less question marks with the Giants. Also, obviously, the professionalism of the organization is stronger than the Jets.

1 hour ago, jetswin said:

Two questions...

The Jets destroy QBs  Wilson is a star Jones is a bust and management ruins him. You get same result Giants still in playoffs and media tearing Joe Douglas for drafting a guy from Duke. So no nothing changes.

the  question you should ask is what happens  if Giants are own by the Johnson boys and Jets by the Maras. Then you would see the opposite result.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

10 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Your point is silly, considering Mike White wasn't the plan. It was Zach Wilson. He was a colossal failure and the coaching staff's approach to his development was also a failure.

There's no such thing as "yeah but if it wasn't for this one thing...", especially when it's the single most important thing. The QB decision and development is part of the process.  The Jets process obviously failed in that regard. I just don't understand how some are always seeking to excuse these failures as one-offs. 

Matt Jones was a qb the jags took years back lol I suspect he meant mac Jones but since he put Matt I didn’t even bother 

6 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

lol oops Daniel Jones

The Zach failure has been on CS, my point while obviously confusing as hell because I effed up the guy's name is Jones was a failure until this season, he's 2 seasons further along than Zach. I'm not ready to give up on Zach or declare the Giants rebuilt. Gett some coaching for Zach, some stickem for Berios (and others) and this conversation is not taking place.

3 minutes ago, nyjets1969 said:

The Jets destroy QBs  Wilson is a star Jones is a bust and management ruins him. You get same result Giants still in playoffs and media tearing Joe Douglas for drafting a guy from Duke. So no nothing changes.

the  question you should ask is what happens  if Giants are own by the Johnson boys and Jets by the Maras. Then you would see the opposite result.

This is correct. The Jets can't develop anything. Country Club nonsense in Florham Park. 

33 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

The game has meaning for the eagles not the giants lol that is why the line is what it is - giants probably Will barely play Barkley and Jones if at all 

5 minutes ago, kmnj said:

Matt Jones was a qb the jags took years back lol I suspect he meant mac Jones but since he put Matt I didn’t even bother 

sorry meant Daniel...Matt Jones was an athletic freak, big and fast, played wr...Mac Jones is my least favorite Alabama player ever lol

18 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

The Giants brought in an offensive coach and game plan, to work with their broken QB and their RB came back after injury to be one of the top RBs in the league. Hmmm… it can’t be that easy. 

thats what people here dont get, Barkley is killing it this season and carrying the offense. when your RB runs for 1400 yds it makes being QB alot easier. lets see next year without Barkley how good Daboll and Jones are.

but where the kings of the hot take here. 

Sam and Geno look how good there doing after 8 years and 5 years. lets not wait to see if the can sustain it before calling us bad for moving on from them.

im old enough to remember when we were fools for not getting Matt Rhule and Joe Brady. another famous hot take.

The Giants were smart in not burning a pick on a QB and seeing what Daniel Jones could do as they built up the rest of the team. 

We did the opposite. Chose not to run it back with Sam and bought a QB lottery ticket instead.

That said, the Giants had one of the biggest cupcake schedules I've ever seen. They won the games, and deserve credit for doings so - but still...

34 minutes ago, kmnj said:

The game has meaning for the eagles not the giants lol that is why the line is what it is - giants probably Will barely play Barkley and Jones if at all 

At least the Jets beat Buffalo once this year and played them close the second game too

F79995FA-3BB0-480A-8A2D-8518E8ACCF34.png

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Giants are what the Jets would be with competent game managing from the QB position, a healthy Breece Hall, and a better game day HC.

That’s the thing. Daniel Jones was a terrible game manager. Did he learn himself, how to correct those problems? Did they magically appear this year, after 3 years of the fans wanting him gone? We need more than a better game day HC. We need an entirely new offensive philosophy and leaders. We probably just played 3 of the worst offensive games in history against the Pats, Jags, and Seahawks. That’s not just game day head coaching and QB/RB issues. MLF has to go, at the very least. 

2 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

That’s the thing. Daniel Jones was a terrible game manager. Did he learn himself, how to correct those problems? Did they magically appear this year, after 3 years of the fans wanting him gone? We need more than a better game day HC. We need an entirely new offensive philosophy and leaders. We probably just played 3 of the worst offensive games in history against the Pats, Jags, and Seahawks. That’s not just game day head coaching and QB/RB issues. MLF has to go, at the very least. 

Daniel Jones wasn’t bad his first year. Then he regressed but Saquon going down his second year and not being back to full health his 3rd probably exposed him.

Coaching absolutely absolutely matters in a major way, but I posit that Daniel Jones was a better quality lump of clay to mold than anything we have.

• Upvote 1

Not sure I get the burial here.  Our 2nd overall QB flopped and our OL - which was already going to be weak - was decimated with injuries.  Not to mention we lost our star RB pretty early on.  Yet we still managed to play meaningful football in week 17.  

The OL should be a relatively easy fix.  Invest your 1st rounder in an OT and a 2nd or 3rd in a new C.  Hope AVT stays healthy.  Maybe bring in a solid veteran RG via UFA.  It's not a huge deal as long as we're willing to invest the draft picks and pass on the "sexy" options like the big WRs, edge rushers, or whatever QB happens to slip to our spot in the 1st.

The real hard part will be picking the right QB.  Is it Carr?  Jimmy G?  Trade for Rodgers?  Sign Brady?.....or do we once again look to the draft?  

All I know is, regardless of who JD chooses, he can't miss.  He gets a mulligan on Zach considering how well he's built the rest of the team(IMO), but as a GM you can't miss on two QBs....just can't happen. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Hael said:

The first draft was our miserable FO’s fault.  JD didn’t even have a coach and a system in place with which to draft players.  So he picked a bunch of high risk project players that could be molded to fit any system.  I’ve also still not given up on Becton.  In any event, that was a 1 year mulligan.  

The big bust unfortunately is Zac, which as I’ve always suspected wouldn’t work out.  That really does set us back 2 years minimum.  Next season a new qb will need to be brought in, and unless they are a super savvy old vet, it usually takes most qbs a few years to acclimate to a teams system.  

This is why most franchises wallow in mediocrity.  Missing on a top 10 draft pick franchise quarterback is usually a regime killer.

Haven't given up on Becton?

You are kidding,230087113_JOHNCANDY2021.jpg.8517545cb0c5aa27fa6bbb4ec00c646b.jpg correct?

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Daniel Jones wasn’t bad his first year. Then he regressed but Saquon going down his second year and not being back to full health his 3rd probably exposed him.

Coaching absolutely absolutely matters in a major way, but I posit that Daniel Jones was a better quality lump of clay to mold than anything we have.

Exactly Jones had normal struggles for a young QB which was bad reads and turning the ball over...Wilson was running around in circles and missing open recievers by 12 feet.  Some fans still can't come to terms with how bad Zach Wilson is.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1