Saleh defends LeFail in today’s presser

1 minute ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

There's going to be a showdown, that's for sure. Saleh said in the presser today that he is "fully committed" to LaFleur. I knew this was going to get ugly. Expect leakage from Florham Park every day leading up to Black Monday.

It’s almost as if he’s drawn a line in the sand daring woody to fire him.  B/c once they make him get rid of MLF it’s just a matter of time before it all caves in.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Yep, LaFleur isn’t going anywhere. Saleh made that very clear.

You’d think that someone would have to pay for this epic collapse but I’m not sure who that would be. Guess the Jets will double-down on their plan and not make any significant changes to the coaching staff. The pressure will on the next season. Entire front office and coaching staff should be given a playoff mandate. 

1 minute ago, Saul Goodman said:

You’d think that someone would have to pay for this epic collapse but I’m not sure who that would be. Guess the Jets will double-down on their plan and not make any significant changes to the coaching staff. The pressure will on the next season. Entire front office and coaching staff should be given a playoff mandate. 

In that case, Saleh will find himself and MLF being given their exit visas. Coaches don't win battles with owners. I sense Saleh will fall on his sword. Black Monday will be interesting.

• Sympathy 1

I don't really think LaFleur is that big of a problem. Is he great? No. But so much of his and Saleh's tenure has been trying to get Zach Wilson to look like an NFL QB and he's been historically bad. When somebody is historically bad at the position it usually is the player more so than the coaches. Maybe Zach is an outlier, and he has legitimately just been let down by bad coaching, but I doubt it. We'll find out I guess when Zach is on another team eventually. But the offense generally looks much better when Zach is not the QB.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

Pride cometh before the fall. Saleh’s too stupid to see that. 

Nah, I think the way I’d play it is to preserve my relationships and force Woody to fire me and keep paying me. Win/win.

I figure there’s a good amount of toxic bullsh*t built up in-house now. He probably sees his path to an early exit.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Nah, I think the way I’d play it is to preserve my relationships and force Woody to fire me and keep paying me. Win/win.

I figure there’s a good amount of toxic bullsh*t built up in-house now. He probably sees his path to an early exit.

And he'd be out of the league for the rest of his contract as well if Woody wants to play hardball. Win/lose.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I think he’s in denial and daring woody to fire him for sticking with MLF.  Ultimately this stance pits saleh against douglas b/c when douglas goes into preservation mode he’ll blame Wilson’s failure on the coaching and point to darnold and geno as examples of how it’s not the drafting it’s the coaching.  Plus if douglas has another good draft he is staying.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

I hope so. How many times did we hear that Saleh and Douglas careers would be tied to Zach Wilson? He’s a bust, at this point just let it play out. Douglas and Saleh should still be the decision makers, for better or worse.

If those two can’t field a competitive offense next year/make the playoffs/whatever mandate you wanna give them, then they should be fired.

All year long I've seen guys wide open when someone breaks down the all 22.  and all year long I've seen the QB not see the open player or miss the throw when he does.

Changing the O-coordinator isn't going to matter if our line is decimated by injuries and the QB is playing like sht.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2