Bills-Bengals

PS17

26 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

In recent years player prop bets have been cancelled when a guy gets hurt a few minutes in. Happened the other day in a Knicks game. It's a bad precedent to be honest. Players get injured all the time. It's sports. Where exactly do you set your cutoff at?

However, this actually IS unprecedented. Game should be graded a push/cancel. If the game is treated like baseball and continues at a later time I can see those money line/spread bets carrying over. Any props SHOULD be cancelled though. 

Just my opinion. 

What will happen is all winning bets will be canceled first TD scorer and other settled props but all losing bets already settled on those will stand, all unsettled bets will probably be canceled.

4 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

(From Damar's Marketing rep) Update on Damar:

His vitals are back to normal and they have put him to sleep to put a breathing tube down his throat. They are currently running tests. 

I hope this is true and real. If so, I think he has a 99.9% chance of a full recovery.  But his FB career is over. 

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

What will happen is all winning bets will be canceled first TD scorer and other settled props but all losing bets already settled on those will stand, all unsettled bets will probably be canceled.

See I was thinking it depends on if the league restarts this game where it is score and time -wise.

5 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

You underestimate the disgustingness of the gambling business it’s worse then Goodell.

I know how it works. The Knicks game the other day I disagreed with the books but it was completely in favor of the bettor. 

9 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Why are you talking about bets at a time like this. Just stop.

Someone asked what happens in a situation like this because they saw pissy D-Gens talking about it on Twitter. Don't tell people what they can talk about, ever. E-points aren't a real thing, my guy. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 1

4 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

See I was thinking it depends on if the league restarts this game where it is score and time -wise.

Yes and the books house rules mine states if the game is finished within 48 hours bets stand.  See what NFL does they can’t make these kids play this week IMO if this guy isn’t ok.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I hope this is true and real. If so, I think he has a 99.9% chance of a full recovery.  But his FB career is over. 

Umm no, if he was truly down in the field for several minutes requiring CPR there is serious concern for anoxic brain injury. It appears he is sedated and intubated right now from the info available. Once his vitals are stabilized and they have a better idea what is going on we can have a better idea of his prognosis. 

• WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, Barkus said:

Umm no, if he was truly down in the field for several minutes requiring CPR there is serious concern for anoxic brain injury. It appears he is sedated and intubated right now from the info available. Once his vitals are stabilized and they have a better idea what is going on we can have a better idea of his prognosis. 

I would imagine it all depends on how fast the AED successfully restored the heart beat and how long the brain was without oxygen.  When I was a coach, we were trained that every minute counts, which is why we had the AED on the field/bench during lax and hockey games.  Some facilities store the AED in a place near the field, but we were told that was too far away and would take too long.  For 10 years of coaching, one of the coaches carried the AED with them to every game.

1 minute ago, AbstraKt said:

Stop focusing on this crap.  The NFL has never been through anything like this before.  The game was canceled and that officially came from the NFL.  There was no need to rush to judgement and cancel the game.  In the end, the right call was made.

Focusing on if the game should have been canceled earlier is pathetic.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

2 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I would imagine it all depends on how fast the AED successfully restored the heart beat and how long the brain was without oxygen.  When I was a coach, we were trained that every minute counts, which is why we had the AED on the field/bench during lax and hockey games.  Some facilities store the AED in a place near the field, but we were told that was too far away and would take too long.  For 10 years of coaching, one of the coaches carried the AED with them to every game.

That’s the key point, if he had a shockable rhythm the AED would have been used to restore the rhythm, thus CPR would have been unnecessary. If he truly needed CPR for 8 minutes that is not good. ? 

23 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I'll be honest with you guys, if it's true that the league wanted the players to resume play after that, I don't think I can support the NFL anymore. Makes me sick to my stomach.

Also if it's true, much love for the coaches of both teams for showing Roger Goodell what doing the right thing looks like.

Maybe they just needed some time to figure things out in a unprecidented situation....the constant hysteria and virtue signaling by people is a show or you have just been trained to be outraged by everything.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Stop focusing on this crap.  The NFL has never been through anything like this before.  The game was canceled and that officially came from the NFL.  There was no need to rush to judgement and cancel the game.  In the end, the right call was made.

Focusing on if the game should have been canceled earlier is pathetic.

It was only suspended because the coaches got on the phone with the NFL head office and said collectively that their players were in no condition to play after seeing what they saw.

ESPN has broadcast footage of McDermott and Taylor on the phone with Dawn Aponte and the head referee next to them.

The NFL initially telling the players they had five minutes to compose themselves to start warming up to play is unconscionable and they should be called out for it.

• Upvote 3

Wife is a nurse and says vitals back to normal is good but intubated means can't breathe on their own which obviously is bad. Similar situation happened in soccer Euro Cup with a Denmark player. He made a full recovery and is playing again but he did not get hit in the chest. This is more like a car crash type of injury. Forgive my eloquence atm. That's the best way I can think to describe it.

UEFA did not suspend the game. A lot of criticism over their decision.