Bills-Bengals

PS17

25 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

The only effect this game had was on the 1-3 seeds in the AFC.  I think they just call this a no contest and seed Buff/KC/Cincy on a 16 game schedule.

If the Chiefs win in week 18 at Raiders they'll have the No. 1 seed sewn up. That's the only part that is simple. If the Raiders upset the Chiefs then you're going to have to play the Bills at Bengals game. Week 19? 

22 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Please list your sources, I'd like to see this list of athletes suffering cardiac arrest and those who have been dying while playing sports since December of 2020.

This is not the place for that discussion.  Please let it go.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

If the Chiefs win in week 18 at Raiders they'll have the No. 1 seed sewn up. That's the only part that is simple. If the Raiders upset the Chiefs then you're going to have to play the Bills at Bengals game. Week 19? 

I'm not sure what was so hard to understand about my post.

They no contest the Bills/Bengals game, they seed based on a 16 game schedule, so you take 1 game off of the Chiefs record.

If they all win next week:

Bills 13-3 #1 seed

Chiefs 13-3 #2 seed based upon a head to head loss with Bills

Bengals 12-4 #3 seed

If the Chiefs lose on Sunday

Bills 13-3 #1 seed

Bengals 12-4 #2 seed 

Chiefs 12-4 #3 seed based upon head to head loss with Cincy

Considering the circumstances and especially since the Chiefs already lost to both Buffalo and Cincy, I don't see any way the Chiefs will complain about this.

I can't see them pushing the entire playoff schedule back 1 week to accomodate a single Bills/Bengals game, if they do, they better donate all proceeds from that Bills/Bengals game to Hamlin's charity.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 2

5 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

f they all win next week:

Bills 13-3 #1 seed

Chiefs 13-3 #2 seed based upon a head to head loss with Bills

Bengals 12-4 #3 seed

If the Chiefs win next week they're 14-3, so the Bills would have to play the Bengals to tie them. If the Bills beat the Patriots and don't play the Bengals the best their record could be is 13-3. How do you give the Bills the No. 1 seed with one less win than the Chiefs? 

14-3 > 13-3

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

If it's not getting resumed this week, then it almost has to be cancelled, right?

One of those two teams has to play on Wild Card weekend. There's no room to makeup the game. Sort of surprised they haven't announced this already. 

4 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

If the Chiefs win next week they're 14-3, so the Bills would have to play the Bengals to tie them. If the Bills beat the Patriots and don't play the Bengals the best their record could be is 13-3. How do you give the Bills the No. 1 seed with one less win than the Chiefs? 

14-3 > 13-3

Did you not read the entirety of either of my posts? Or are you just dense?

• Thumb Down 2

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

If it's not getting resumed this week, then it almost has to be cancelled, right?

One of those two teams has to play on Wild Card weekend. There's no room to makeup the game. Sort of surprised they haven't announced this already. 

I would think so. Really difficult spot for the league from a scheduling perspective.

The Bills/Bengals are kind of getting a bye out of it, which creates some competitive issues.

Obviously the most important thing is the health of the player.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Did you not read the entirety of either of my posts? Or are you just dense?

Let me get out FLASH CARDS for you.

IF the Chiefs beat the Raiders in week 18 they will have a final record of 14-3.

IF the Bills DO NOT play the Bengals game and only play a 16 game schedule as you suggested, then they can't catch the 14-3 Chiefs.

The NFL isn't awarding the No. 1 seed to the Bills with a 13-3 record if the Chiefs finish 14-3. 

3 hours ago, undertow said:

All of your posts in this thread are you looking for reasons to be outraged or virtue signal....maybe it's time to stop worrying about everyone else and take a good look in the mirror.

my posts in this thread aren't outraged at all.  you can go back and look if you would like.

the main point i made in all of my posts were - CPR recovery rates are alot higher than 10% and the Bills players were very upset.

but thanks for your concern about me,, i appreciate you worrying about me.

2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Let me get out FLASH CARDS for you.

IF the Chiefs beat the Raiders in week 18 they will have a final record of 14-3.

IF the Bills DO NOT play the Bengals game and only play a 16 game schedule as you suggested, then they can't catch the 14-3 Chiefs.

The NFL isn't awarding the No. 1 seed to the Bills with a 13-3 record if the Chiefs finish 14-3. 

So it's dense.  Yep, you really are too stupid to even comprehend what I'm saying.  

Hey, the world needs ditch diggers too.

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

11 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

If the game ends up impacting who gets the # 1 seed, they'll absolutely have to find a way to play it, no?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

So it's dense.  Yep, you really are too stupid to even comprehend what I'm saying.  

Hey, the world needs ditch diggers too.

I can't believe how dumb you are. The Chiefs ARE CURRENTLY 13-3. You're saying if the Chiefs win next week they're 13-3. WTF?

Take 1 win off their record. Buahahahhahahahaa

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If the game ends up impacting who gets the # 1 seed, they'll absolutely have to find a way to play it, no?

I would think they would just seed based on a 16 game schedule like @IndianaJet suggested. 

Otherwise, I'm failing to see a realistic way to makeup the game? I'm honestly unsure of when they could realistically play the game even if they wanted to? if they wanted to make it up, they would have had to do it THIS WEEK (Thursday night, perhaps) and then have the Bills/Pats and Bengals/Ravens games be on Monday night. But they have already come out and said that there will be no makeup game this week. So, IDK. Maybe I am missing something. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, slimjasi said:

I would think they would just seed based on a 16 game schedule like @IndianaJet 

Otherwise, I'm failing to see a realistic way to makeup the game? I'm honestly unsure of when they could realistically play the game even if they wanted to? if they wanted to make it up, they would have had to do it THIS WEEK (Thursday night, perhaps) and then have the Bills/Pats and Bengals/Ravens games be on Monday night. But hey have already come out and said that there will be no makeup game this week. So, IDK. Maybe I am missing something. 

I imagine you’re right.  Chiefs win this week they’re the # 1 seed.  Lose and the Bills win and the Bills get it.  No tiebreaker.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Lith said:

Lets keep any references to the vaccine out of this thread, please.  These types of discussions never end well.  This thread should be for any updates on Damar Hamlin's conditiion -- lets not let it devlolve into a political discussion that will get the thread locked and some posters banned.

Thanks

It's a shame that a young man's life hangs in the balance and people can't help but to interject with their own unconfirmed agendas....ON BOTH SIDES! 

Can't have any type of serious convo nowadays without ppl derailing it because someone stated an opinion....and another person can't keep their emotions in check and simply scroll past something they don't agree with ?‍♂️

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I imagine you’re right.  Chiefs win this week they’re the # 1 seed.  Lose and the Bills win and the Bills get it.  No tiebreaker.

Hmm. So would they do that OR would they seed based on just 16 games? If they did the latter, the Bills would get the #1 seed (as they currently hold it because of their head to head win over KC). OR do they just go by straight winning percentage, in which case, the Chiefs would get it if they just won. It's a huge decision, so it's interesting.

The Bills fans will be pissed off if they don't get the 1 seed after beating  KC head to head and then only getting an opportunity to play 16 games. (Although I personally suspect they would have lost last night, anyway)

• Upvote 1

I would think they would just seed based on a 16 game schedule like [mention=28283]IndianaJet[/mention] suggested. 
Otherwise, I'm failing to see a realistic way to makeup the game? I'm honestly unsure of when they could realistically play the game even if they wanted to? if they wanted to make it up, they would have had to do it THIS WEEK (Thursday night, perhaps) and then have the Bills/Pats and Bengals/Ravens games be on Monday night. But they have already come out and said that there will be no makeup game this week. So, IDK. Maybe I am missing something. 
Unless they push the playoffs out a week and have only one week between the championship game and super bowl

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

• Post of the Week 1

There is not a chance Buffalo loses #1 seed if they do not reschedule this game. (assuming they win against new england).  The league will figure out the justification but could you imagine telling that fan base and the media sorry, your loss.   will not happen.

• Haha 1

Just now, playtowinthegame said:

One thing I guarantee isn't happening, is the NFL subtracting a win from the Chiefs so the Bills can have the No. 1 seed.

The problem is, there is no 100% fair solution to all parties involved without replaying the Bills/Bengals game. We are talking about the Bills and Chiefs, but the Bengals would also have a real shot at the 1 seed should KC somehow stumble in Las Vegas. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, frankiepapa said:

Unless they push the playoffs out a week and have only one week between the championship game and super bowl

Best solution I've seen thus far. No way you strip the Chiefs from the No. 1 seed if they beat the Raiders. The Bills will have to replay that game right where it left off with them trailing 7-3. 

Just now, slimjasi said:

The problem is, there is no 100% fair solution to all parties involved without replaying the Bills/Bengals game. We are talking about the Bills and Chiefs, but the Bengals would also have a real shot at the 1 seed should KC somehow stumble in Las Vegas. 

Bottom line is the Bills and Bengals will have to finish that game. Delay the playoffs for a week and shorten the time between the Conference Championship games and the Super Bowl by one week.

• Upvote 2

Just now, frankiepapa said:

That is the other possibility which means there would be a stand alone game Bills/Bengals the weekend the wild card games were supposed to be played.

That though causes a lot of scheduling problems -

If you do the stand alone make up game then whoever of the Bills/Bengals does not get the #1 seed, will end up having to play  the first round of the playoffs the following week - meaning the team they end up playing will have had a bye the week prior.

The #1 seed in the NFC would end up with two weeks off.

It would be a scheduling mess.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

Bottom line is the Bills and Bengals will have to finish that game. Delay the playoffs for a week and shorten the time between the Conference Championship games and the Super Bowl by one week.

Well, if they are willing to do all of that, then I agree, that would be the fairest solution. 

That would change things dramatically, though. Everyone gets a bye week and now the #1 seed gets two full weeks off, which could actually be looked at as a disadvantage. 

I'll be very curious to see what they do. 

9 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Hmm. So would they do that OR would they seed based on just 16 games? If they did the latter, the Bills would get the #1 seed (as they currently hold it because of their head to head win over KC). OR do they just go by straight winning percentage, in which case, the Chiefs would get it if they just won. It's a huge decision, so it's interesting.

The Bills fans will be pissed off if they don't get the 1 seed after beating  KC head to head and then only getting an opportunity to play 16 games. (Although I personally suspect they would have lost last night, anyway)

Less than 24 hours ago the Bills, their fans, and everyone on the planet were in the mindset of who cares, it's just a game. If that's really the case, end it at 7-3 and call it a day. 

• Upvote 1