Bills-Bengals

PS17

I think McDermott and Taylor are going to decide what they're doing, and not give a sh*t what Goodell says either way.
That was made clear when after the "5 minute" announcement was made, Taylor just walking straight over to McDermott, which was the exact right thing to do.
Leader

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Just now, Trotter said:

I would have to think and hope that if he has a pulse and is breathing although with trouble that has to be at least somewhat of hopeful news.

prayers are real

This is gonna come down to how much brain damage he may have from no oxygen, how long before they got him oxygen is huge here.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Yup. I was a lacrosse coach (and hockey).  It can happen in baseball as well. Commotio Cordis or Sudden Cardiac Arrest.

Yes I coached lax as well...and yes Chuck Hughes I'll never ever forget that even though his name evaded me earlier 

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

I think McDermott and Taylor are going to decide what they're doing, and not give a sh*t what Goodell says either way.

That was made clear when after the "5 minute" announcement was made, Taylor just walking straight over to McDermott, which was the exact right thing to do.

Oh I agree, 100%. And maybe it's not the announcers' fault for having to say it but when I heard  that I'm like, Okay, **** it. Just that they DID say it is beyond cringe. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Yup. I was a lacrosse coach (and hockey).  It can happen in baseball as well. Commotio Cordis or Sudden Cardiac Arrest.

True.  But then I'm kinda perplexed as to why when they re-established circulation and cerebral blood flow he didn't resume spontaneous breathing.  Just hope he's alive and OK.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

Here's a scary stat: less than 10 percent of the people who receive cpr survive 

I guess that the only thing he has going for him is how quickly he was able to receive care.  Hoping/praying that maybe that can make a difference.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, chirorob said:

Could be.

It was odd how he stood up. And then collapsed.

2 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Very possible. They should be able to defibrillate that. 

The only other thing I can think of is a ruptured aneurysm but unlikely with his age.

Hope we get an update soon. 

Trauma can dissect/rupture the Aorta true, but highly doubt he had an pre-existing aneurysm

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

The only appropriate measure was to postpone/cancel this by now or sooner. 

But whoever claimed the NFL to be appropriate? 

It’s absurd. This is so easy and they’re still bungling it. Send them all home tonight and let the players decide tomorrow if they’re up for playing Wednesday. 

The original play did not look like a hit to the head to me, it looked like a hit to the chest.  Not an innocent play by any means but the type of contact you see 20 times a game and do not think about it.

I'll say again at least they have immediate medical attention by trained professionals.  About 10 years ago I lost an older brother i was very close to to heart failure, not a heart attack, just failure.  Apparently there were a few people where he was that tried to give cpr, but no one well trained, no de-fib machine and took a while for the ambulance to get there, by that time it was too late.

• Sympathy 6

1 minute ago, carlito1171 said:

Game should have been called already

Goddell being the POS he is.......can't help himself ?

I'm not a fan of Goodell at all, but have to give him the slightest benefit of the doubt and at this point say the delay is they're focused on far more things at the moment than any official announcement.

With that said, if the game does actually continue tonight then **** him and I take it all back.

• Upvote 1