Bills-Bengals

PS17

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yep, Goodell deserves zero credit for “doing the right thing”.

We all saw Burrow warming up after the league tried getting the game started before the coaches made their own call. Goodell can’t hide from this one, already getting dragged all over Twitter 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Not being funny at all, legitimately curious, what would something like this do to the gambling world for the game, if its cancelled outright or considered a tie? 

I dont really gamble myself so I'm pretty dense on what vegas would do in this type of scenario. 

Most will have the bets cancelled 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, frankiepapa said:

Have to take these reports with a grain of salt... hard to imagine that these reporters are getting this info with the medical privacy laws in place

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

He's been listed in critical condition. When I heard they did CPR on him, I thought perhaps he suffered a a heart attack or something fatal.  But he is alive.  Let us pray.

16 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Not being funny at all, legitimately curious, what would something like this do to the gambling world for the game, if its cancelled outright or considered a tie? 

I dont really gamble myself so I'm pretty dense on what vegas would do in this type of scenario. 

In recent years player prop bets have been cancelled when a guy gets hurt a few minutes in. Happened the other day in a Knicks game. It's a bad precedent to be honest. Players get injured all the time. It's sports. Where exactly do you set your cutoff at?

However, this actually IS unprecedented. Game should be graded a push/cancel. If the game is treated like baseball and continues at a later time I can see those money line/spread bets carrying over. Any props SHOULD be cancelled though. 

Just my opinion. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jetsons said:

more like completely insensitive & stupid... & such a question Deserves such an answer.

Stop. You're making yourself look like a bafoon.

Asking a simple question isnt insensitive, and if you think it is, you need therapy. Thus far, you're the only person that seems to have any issue with it. So pack in your altruism and shush. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Ryan Clark is great. Not sure if anyone else saw that, but incredible insight.

This is awful. It's incredibly sad, and I really hope the man recovers.... young patients who are healthy can bounce back from dysthymia,  but trauma codes have a very low survival rate, unfortunately.  Jesus, I hope the kid is ok....

1 minute ago, Jet9 said:

In recent years player prop bets have been cancelled when a guy gets hurt a few minutes in. Happened the other day in a Knicks game. It's a bad precedent to be honest. Players get injured all the time. It's sports. Where exactly do you set your cutoff at?

However, this actually IS unprecedented. Game should be graded a push/cancel. If the game is treated like baseball and continues at a later time I can see those money line/spread bets carrying over. Any props SHOULD be cancelled though. 

Just my opinion. 

Are we really worried about bets?

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

Asking a simple question isnt insensitive, and if you think it is, you need therapy. Thus far, you're the only person that seems to have any issue with it. So pack in your altruism and shush. 

Bro. Stop. Take a break, put down the phone, and take a breath.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jet9 said:

Just my opinion. 

Crazy. I would hope that they cancel any bets. Just feels gross if someone were to profit off of this game through betting.

Just all the emotion you're hearing from everyone about this is unreal.  The entire circumstance would be absolutely devastating regardless of the circumstances of when and where, but it only is on a bigger display with absolutely everyone watching on Monday night.  So many people saw it as it happened, which is so difficult to even grasp.

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

You have the Prize on that. 

3 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Are we really worried about bets?

No not at all. That's the point. 

Seeing people talk about their bets on social media and all that, seems gross to me. So I was curious what Vegas does in a situation like this, and why these people cant seem to have empathy for the player instead of worry about their money. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

F***. Medics immediately doing CPR on him? Pulseless patient. Not good. I hope he's young enough and otherwise healthy enough that meds and electrical therapy can stabilize and establish spontaneous perfusion with stable rhythm. 

Prayers for him. 

Well they said he was in critical condition versus no response. That has to be hopeful.  Sounds like you know way  way more than anyone on this board about this.  But the fact he was stated to be in critical condition has to be hopeful versus no sign of life.