Jeremy Ruckert ...

Dunnie

He was the TE I wanted most, but I'm disappointed

with his not doing enough to see the field. the two TEs

JD brought in were a small improvement from what we had

but like most of Douglas FA acquisitions there were better players

for less money than Baldie spent (Hayden Hurst over CJ & Conk)

I realize this thread is about the hometown star JD took but there

are rookie TEs all around the league making plays, including two

Big Ten TEs on the cowboys (Ferguson & Hendershot)

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

7 games ... 0 catches .. 1 tgt

Houston .. do we have a problem ?

So far the best thing about this kid is his dad.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

? as soon as I saw the title, I knew what I was going to post. Then I read your OP and you said it. (the dad comment)

6 hours ago, David Harris said:

If only we had some good rookies besides the DROY, OROY, and Breece Hall.

Time for everyone to man up already and quit the pity party.

actually......ironically the jets/seahawks game gave the jets the opportunity to put walker back in the lead for OROY over garrett wilson. 

7 hours ago, David Harris said:

If only we had some good rookies besides the DROY, OROY, and Breece Hall.

Time for everyone to man up already and quit the pity party.

It also wouldn’t hurt to recognize the long history of TE being one if the more difficult learning curves. We signed 2 starting TE FAs. It doesn’t get more ‘red shirt’.

Theyre doing with Ruckert what they should have done with Zach.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, Dunnie said:

7 games ... 0 catches .. 1 tgt

Houston .. do we have a problem ?

So far the best thing about this kid is his dad.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I can see him having so little production if we had Kittle or Waller on this team but CJ and Tyler didn't  really look like guys that would keep a promising young player on the bench

7 hours ago, Hex said:

Not every player is going to play a lot in their rookie year. The Jets have seen a lot of that because 1) they have sucked so much in the past the rookies are really all they have had and 2) JD slammed this draft out of the park in many areas, and so a lot of these rookies were able to play a lot immediately.

Furthermore, Conklin, Uzomah and Yeboah haven't had too bad injury luck, and none have played bad enough to lose their spots, so he's no. 4 on the depth chart for TEs. On most teams the No. 4 player in a position like TE won't get too much playing time. The hope is that in the next year or two he will be good enough to move up the depth chart.

Ok, so basically you are saying he is bad because none of the guys you mentioned that are ahead of him are no better than Jags

Jags are an upgrade over guys like Westco at least.

7 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I can see him having so little production if we had Kittle or Waller on this team but CJ and Tyler didn't  really look like guys that would keep a promising young player on the bench

I mean, it makes sense.  I'm sure part of it is him not standing out in practice, but a bigger part I'm sure is they just went out and signed these guys - whether they're stars or not, they're going to play.  Maybe things change now that we're out.  But yeah, with a decimated OL, he wasn't going to play over Uzomah who is known for his blocking ability, and as bad as Conklin has been, he's still our best receiving TE so he was probably never going to play over him either.  

Either way, we were spoiled with this draft.  Most of the time your 3rd rounders and beyond won't start making an impact until year 2.  I still am pretty high on Ruckert and am excited to see what he does in camp next year.  

12 minutes ago, DireJet said:

Zach Wilson

Mekhi Becton

Denzel Mims

Ashtyn Davis

I Could Go On!

First draft and Zach sucked.  Jury is still out on Elijah Moore, but I’d like to see him with a real QB.  

I’d counter with a more recent crop.

AVT

Michael Carter II

Sauce

Garrett Wilson

Jermaine Jonson

Breece Hall

Micheal Clemons

15 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

First draft and Zach sucked.  Jury is still out on Elijah Moore, but I’d like to see him with a real QB.  

I’d counter with a more recent crop.

AVT

Michael Carter II

Sauce

Garrett Wilson

Jermaine Jonson

Breece Hall

Micheal Clemons

He won’t survive ZW. Career ender. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

If the team makes the playoffs next year, he will 100% get another crack at drafting a QB(assuming we don't bring in Carr or Jimmy G or some other long-term veteran option).  

Odds aren’t in our favor for the playoffs. I’m so disgusted with the ineptitude of the Jets. Year after year. Fans deserve better for all the passion. 

2 minutes ago, DireJet said:

Odds aren’t in our favor for the playoffs. I’m so disgusted with the ineptitude of the Jets. Year after year. Fans deserve better for all the passion. 

Not sure how you can know anything about our odds before the offseason even starts.  We'll have a full draft's worth of new players coming in, and most likely a new veteran QB.  I wouldn't try to guesstimate our odds until those things happen.  

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, bonkertons said:

Not sure how you can know anything about our odds before the offseason even starts.  We'll have a full draft's worth of new players coming in, and most likely a new veteran QB.  I wouldn't try to guesstimate our odds until those things happen.  

Jets haven’t made the playoffs for 12 straight seasons. Odds are they won’t again. It’s a culture of losing. Has been since Rex left.