Zach Wilson, totally not coddled

T0mShane

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

As much as I despised Rex and thought that Rex was a clown, the one thing I always appreciated about him was that competing and battling were always the most important thing to him and his teams, no matter how sh*tty they were. I never went into a football Sunday with Rex thinking the Jets players weren’t going to try and fight the guy in front of them. 

Agreed. Rex’s style was/is not realistically sustainable, but that’s the underlying intensity a coach needs to succeed. 

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:
  8 minutes ago, Pac said:

Misleading tweet.  He was asked if Zach should go sit on a beach somewhere after the season and forget about football and he said "yeah". 

Nothing to get upset about. 

Zach should do the Jets a favor and forget about football permanently.

Retire and let the team recoup the remainder of that signing bonus.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

This is a hum dinger of a press conference. Has anyone ever heard of a sophomore slump for third down backs?

Damn you.

Now I have to clean out the spilled coffee all over the keyboard again.

That's at least twice this year.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Trotter said:

This is a hum dinger of a press conference. Has anyone ever heard of a sophomore slump for third down backs?

WTF is this

This is nearing Joe Judge levels of verbal contortionism.

This can't be real.

It almost sounds like Saleh is asking to be fired so he can go sip tequilas on a beach with his wife and 12 kids while continuing to receive those checks from Woody Woodpecker.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, playtowinthegame said:

Joe Douglas was most responsible for building that wall in front of him. I knew he had an eye for offensive line talent once he went out and talked Ryan Kalil out of retirement. 

Eh, our two most talented OL, by far, are out for the season. The Kalil move was out of desperation - JD took over in June (after FA and the draft) that year with limited options. The biggest thing to get on Douglas about is taking Becton over Wirfs, but even that is tricky because Wirfs is a RT and the Jets were looking for a franchise LT. 

Mike White looked hurt on Sunday. It's a shame, because his only chance to be QB1 here was to get us into the playoffs. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

1. Awful job by Costello on his wording of the tweet.

2. still the wrong answer by Saleh

Just got done watching pc..  It was a hacky tweet.  Surprised because that's not normally Costellos MO. 

Saleh was actually a bit more critical of Zach than most pcs.  Said he needs to regain his confidence, said every qb needs to be able to sit in pocket and deliver football, needs to develop pocket and 2 min play, needs to get his footwork, mechanics, and mind right.  Saud he needs to figure out what's important to him. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Still depressed by that Mike White performance on Sunday

I am. However it has given myself and some this fanbase some clarity. The problem with this team is its play design, the predictability of the Jets RPO style run game and this offense line. The line was decimated injuries, that can be remedied with an infusion of talent. The RPO run game takes too long to develop and hopefully will be scrapped for a more traditional run game. The play design, well that falls squarely on MiLF, and if he is retained and chooses not to do anything to fix this then the Jets could be in for a long season next year as well.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He’s not making any sense at all. How does he coach the players if he never makes any sense? Oh that’s right he doesn’t, he’s too busy training all of his rookie assistants.

1 minute ago, Pac said:

Just got done watching pc..  It was a hacky tweet.  Surprised because that's not normally Costellos MO. 

Saleh was actually a bit more critical of Zach than most pcs.  Said he needs to regain his confidence, said every qb needs to be able to sit in pocket and deliver football, needs to develop pocket and 2 min play, needs to get his footwork, mechanics, and mind right.  Saud he needs to figure out what's important to him. 

That was a strange part when he said that. Almost like Zach didn't care that much? Or not taking it seriously? Idk.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, usanyj said:

I need all these things as well, however, my boss wont say it and he expects me here every day....I hope my job hires saleh.

Good point.

I am going to tell my boss tomorrow I need a reset (with pay of course) and am going to the North Shore of Oahu (Sunset Beach or Waimea Bay) for a month or so.

I will let you know how that conversation goes.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Saleh is so naive.  Still saying "players in this league" show up every week and always give 100%. 

Has he watched the tape from the Seattle game?

If every player is 100% self-motivated and a pro's pro, what do they need a head coach for?  Why are you there?

They had a 1JD piece last offseason specifically about how MC was working hard to get "1 yard faster" to make those explosive plays.

Now Saleh is saying he knows he'll "bust loose" after another offseason.

This guy has a prepared excuse for everything and everyone.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

Really poor choice of words from coach during a 5 game...soon to be 6 game losing streak with a QB that the fanbase currently can't stand.

I’m sick of this moron. He can join Wilson on the beach and preferably not come back.

Since it is the NY market - maybe one of these writers can ask him if it is is just bad luck that the Jets always seem to be faced with these issues yet the Giants with their bottom of the league roster and rookie head coach do not and are planning for a playoff game which they have a very good chance of winning. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just listened to the press conference.

LOL

When asked about Kapono, he actually mentioned Mahomes first before citing Geno and Sam.  

Basically said Mahomes was wild and fled the pocket way too much early in his career and alluded to some struggles (seriously, what struggles?) to try to equate ZW's situation to Mahomes.   Just a ridiculous garbage answer.

Saleh is the king of anointing guys in his locker room before they do jack.

Only real takeaway from Saleh's word stream is:  "Zach needs to decide what's important to him"

That's a major scouting whiff on their part.  From the jump, they've been singing ZW's praises about his work ethic and how he "loves this game".

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

Chrebet, in his podcast says milf needs to go.  He said he saw no imagination or adjustments by the offense.  Funny thing we did see some end around and then there was that qwilson pass attempt earlier in the season.  Lately it’s been all up the gut on first down, a long pass downfield on second and then a check down on third.

I think it was in the Minnesota game where 2 or 3 times, the commentator said "this is the part of the field where you look to pull out your big plays, take your shots at the end zone, let's see what LaFleur dials up". And each time it was a run up the middle, or a three yard out. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Since it is the NY market - maybe one of these writers can ask him if it is is just bad luck that the Jets always seem to be faced with these issues yet the Giants with their bottom of the league roster and rookie head coach do not and are planning for a playoff game which they have a very good chance of winning. 

Would have been a superb question.

One Saleh would have wormed his way out of though.  I mean what can he say.  Just more of the same BS excuse-peddling.