Rumors: Dolphins loss could cost Mike McDaniel his job

T0mShane

5 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Pure speculation. You have no idea what you're talking about.

There's a dollar figure that makes it happen. Woody just has to sack up and meet it.

His mentor couldn’t get away from woody fast enough, and the state taxes and weather make this area a tough sell. The QB room is trash no matter what he says with no logical realistic scenario to fix it.  

Woody has been paying Gase and Williams not to coach here until literally this week. 

I doubt he wants to jump into the double dip thing again Monday 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

There's a dollar figure that makes it happen. Woody just has to sack up and meet it.

But there are plenty of other owners with better reputations who can make the same offer. It's not like Woody is the only billionaire who would be interested in Payton. The point is that Payton will have a ton of money and choices. So, why would he choose the Jets?

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Jet Blast said:

Like Mogglez said...

Stranger things have happened. I have nothing else to root for on the field and realize I never will unless something like this happens, so that's what I'm going with. Would love a critical mass of the fan base to make noise about it too and maybe get in Woodys head for an uncharacteristic moment of sanity for him. Again, no one knows what will happen until it happens.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

But there are plenty of other owners with better reputations who can make the same offer. It's not like Woody is the only billionaire who would be interested in Payton. The point is that Payton will have a ton of money and choices. So, why would he choose the Jets?

You guys are a sad bunch.

Money talks. Look at Steve Cohen. The Mets have been every bit as much of a joke as the Jets have been for the past two decades. Yet, he throws money at guys, and they take it.

Woody has to pay the Nincompoop Tax, but it is what it is. If he's ever going to get serious about being serious, now's the time for him to put his money where his mouth is. Outbid everyone. 

But to not even try because of the defeatist attitude some of you losers are exhibiting here is part of why the Jets are where they are.

If you want to be with the big boys, you need to start acting like one. If you want to be a loser, be a loser, but STFU about it.

There's only one method that is 100% guaranteed to not acquire a franchise-changing coach like Sean Payton, and that's to not even attempt to get him. If he says no, he says no. JUST FUDGING TRY.

21 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Oh, I most certainly do.

Sean Payton will not be the Jets head coach.

3 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Money talks. Look at Steve Cohen. The Mets have been every bit as much of a joke as the Jets have been for the past two decades. Yet, he throws money at guys, and they take it.

Woody has to pay the Nincompoop Tax, but it is what it is. If he's ever going to get serious about being serious, now's the time for him to put his money where his mouth is. Outbid everyone. 

But to not even try because of the defeatist attitude some of you losers are exhibiting here is part of why the Jets are where they are.

If you want to be with the big boys, you need to start acting like one. If you want to be a loser, be a loser, but STFU about it.

You aren’t getting a star anything to come fix this. Nobody is saying that they choose the worse option just pointing out reality 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

There's only one method that is 100% guaranteed to not acquire a franchise-changing coach like Sean Payton, and that's to not even attempt to get him. If he says no, he says no. JUST FUDGING TRY.

Fran Healy Reaction GIF by Travis

No one said not to try to get him, only that he's not coming here. But keep dreaming :)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JetPotato said:

The reality is that it can happen under the right circumstances. To say it can't is factually incorrect. 

He wants to poach a job with an established QB. Reportedly, he wanted the Chargers job if Staley gets wacked, or the Cowboys after McCarthy gets bounced in the first round. The Jets can’t sell him a QB, and Derek Carr isn’t gonna do it for him. If the Jets want Payton, they’ll have to give Brady an ownership stake first

2 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

The reality is that it can happen under the right circumstances. To say it can't is factually incorrect. 

A lot of things can happen that probably won't happen. 

You want some reality? Saleh isn't even going to get fired. This whole discussion is (likely) pointless. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

He wants to poach a job with an established QB. Reportedly, he wanted the Chargers job if Staley gets wacked, or the Cowboys after McCarthy gets bounced in the first round. The Jets can’t sell him a QB, and Derek Carr isn’t gonna do it for him. If the Jets want Payton, they’ll have to give Brady an ownership stake first

The funny thing about McCarthy is that everyone sh*ts on him but his resume is almost identical to Payton's 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

A lot of things can happen that probably won't happen. 

You want some reality? Saleh isn't even going to get fired. This whole discussion is (likely) pointless. 

So, since you already know the outcome of the 2023 season, why are you here? 

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

You blaming the fans for this?

52 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Should be.  Changes everything. 

It really doesn’t. 

As soon as either team got to 7 wins, that’s where they were at. Preseason stuff doesn’t matter. There should be equal expectations that they’d each win additional games.

Saying, “nobody expected 7 wins, so it’s okay we lost 6 straight” for is absurd.

Imagine Wilt Chamberlain standing over a bed full of 70’s full-bush hotties saying, “Sorry sexy ladies, I never expected to bed so many luxurious women, so I hope you don’t expect me to slay that puss puss.”

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Sean Payton is not coming here under any circumstance.

The Zach Beliebers are beyond delusional.  Payton would never work for the Johnsons.  Nor would any big name coach. And Sean Payton is doing what with Zach?  He’s going to teach him how to complete 2 yard passes while in the pocket?

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It really doesn’t. 

As soon as either team got to 7 wins, that’s where they were at. Preseason stuff doesn’t matter. There should be equal expectations that they’d each win additional games.

Saying, “nobody expected 7 wins, so it’s okay we lost 6 straight” for is absurd.

Imagine Wilt Chamberlain standing over a bed full of 70’s full-bush hotties saying, “Sorry sexy ladies, I never expected to bed so many luxurious women, so I hope you don’t expect me to slay that puss puss.”

only if you look at the season as a whole instead of thinking a winning streak translates to a seasons worth of WSs and Ls

I prefer the Jets weren’t as good as 6-3 and not as bad as the losing streak Jets.  
And water finds it’s level.

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

only if you look at the season as a whole instead of thinking a winning streak translates to a seasons worth of WSs and Ls

I prefer the Jets weren’t as good as 6-3 and not as bad as the losing streak Jets.  
And water finds it’s level.

Station 19 Omg GIF by ABC Network

• Haha 1