Cancel Bills Pats Game?????

2 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I don’t know where you work but you need to be fired for even thinking about this while Damar Hamlin is still in the hospital

So nobody can think about anything until the player leaves the hospital? lol  Some of you "dudes" are mental I swear.  How do people like you even survive life on a daily basis? 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF? 1
  • Ugh 1

13 minutes ago, Coquito said:

Just call it an act of God, Cincy won 7-3, and Bills play the Pats Sunday, as scheduled. Drive on. 

You know the Bengals did look like they would have won that game but look at the Bengals at Patriots game the week prior. The Bengals hung on and lucked out winning 22-18 after going up 22-0. That's why you play these games, because you never know the outcome until you play all 4 quarters. The league will have to put an asterisk next to whoever wins the AFC this year, because not finishing that Bills/Bengals game had a huge impact on the landscape of the AFC Playoffs. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Jevon Belcher killed his gf/wife, then blew his brains out in front of Romeo Crennel a few years ago. The Chiefs played the next day.

We live in interesting times indeed.

It’s because this was broadcast on MNF to millions. Black swan event for the NFL. The fallout is not surprising. 

• Sympathy 1
  • More Ugh 1

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Ryan Clark celebrating the Thibadeux hit on Foles in the morning then becoming the moral compass in the evening was especially heart warming.

When they flip the switch from “somber reflection* to *JACKED UP* to *picks segment hilarity* is always a roller coaster ride

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Jets are out no matter what.

If they add an 8th team and even if the Jets beat the Phins and the Pats lose to the Bills, the Jets lose the three way tiebreaker based on head to head (to head) record.

AFC East would finish like this: 

1st Bills 13-3

2nd Pats 8-9 (3-1 vs. Jets/Phins)

3rd Jets 8-9 (2-2 vs. Pats/Phins)

4th Phins 8-9 (1-3 vs. Jets/Pats)

Source: https://www.nfl.com/standings/tie-breaking-procedures

The "two losses to the Pats kills us" scenario.

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 1

8 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Jets are out no matter what.

If they add an 8th team and even if the Jets beat the Phins and the Pats lose to the Bills, the Jets lose the three way tiebreaker based on head to head (to head) record.

AFC East would finish like this: 

1st Bills 13-3

2nd Pats 8-9 (3-1 vs. Jets/Phins)

3rd Jets 8-9 (2-2 vs. Pats/Phins)

4th Phins 8-9 (1-3 vs. Jets/Pats)

Source: https://www.nfl.com/standings/tie-breaking-procedures

KILL JOY!   ?

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Players have been speaking out publicly about playing next week. That people are more important than the game.

I have had relatives die in my family and never took off more than a day or 2 from work. These players have an entire week to deal with this. If a particular  player doesn't  want to play, excuse them and have someone take their spot. 

Has a relative ever died from what you do for a living? That's the conversation that is happening in the NFL right now. I get what you are saying but it's not quite apples to apples

• Upvote 1

That's what I said. Unfortunate event but calling it a 7-3 Bengal win would be the easiest fix. It seems no one in the league office has the nuts to do that though.
Why not call it a tied game?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• WTF? 1

Legitimate question.
Bob works for the Bergen Record newspaper in the mail room.    Bob gets his hand caught in a piece of equipment, his hand is ripped off, blood everywhere, and Bob almost dies.  It's bad.  Bob is screaming in pain, blood is everywhere, on the floor, on the equipment, his co workers are barely able to stop the bleeding enough to keep him alive until the ambulance gets there.
How long does the newspaper shut down for until all of the people in the mail room can effectively work again?
Just asking, because if you don't think industrial accidents happen...
Don't be a Bob

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Far greater events have occurred during the course of a season. That’s all really. Until we know what caused the heart attack it’s hard to see this a blow to the league, unless you already didn’t like the NFL.

Week 2 vs week 17 is a huge difference.  Losing week 2 or 3 still leaves a season to play out and division winners to work itself out.  But the biggest difference is with 9-11 the entire NFL missed a week.  Wasn’t just 2 teams.

if they miss a week, can’t reschedule they’re going to handle the races the way they would have with teams losing games off their schedules (or others) due to COVID-19

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jamesr said:

Why not call it a tied game?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

That punishes both teams.  Again, unfortunate event but you need strong leadership to make tough decisions. It's clear the NFL is lacking in that department.

If the league called it a tie game or no contest and the Raiders somehow beat the Chiefs I'm irate if I'm rooting for the Bengals.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Has a relative ever died from what you do for a living? That's the conversation that is happening in the NFL right now. I get what you are saying but it's not quite apples to apples

There are a LOT of people in the world that cannot at all afford not to work even a day after someone dies due to their work. 

We all know that pro sports has it's hazards and dangers but at times there are narratives that it is more dangerous than anything else, which it is 100% not.

• Upvote 1