Mike LaFleur Makes an Incredible Discovery

Just now, slimjasi said:

I had the same interpretation. At the end of the day, it's going to be hard to sell keeping an OC whose offense has scored 3 total TDs in 5 games during a playoff race. And you can't make it all about Zach Wilson - he only played in 2 of those 5 games. 

That’s where MLF has no answer, he failed with white also.  But saleh is also out of excuses. 

• Upvote 3

I'm not so certain I understand the issue this board has with what he said.  In hindsight it would have been wiser to let this kid learn on the sidelines for a year rather than go out there with little clue what he was doing and subsequently get into terrible habits and losing all of his confidence.  He is actually taking some accountability for ruining ZW.  He is also throwing some shade on the HC so I like to think they talked this out together and agreed on this position.  At the end of the day I don't think stating the obvious is a damning strategy.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Another example of how a terrible org, does bad things. Everyone loves to blame ZW as if its his fault, but once hes gone, the terrible org remains. 

The rest of the league sees how darnold is playing better and how bad wilson has been.  It’s easy to see how the jets’ coaching has been worse than the drafting.  

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m saying Douglas took his shot on a QB and pushed it down everyone’s throat

Its impossilbe to know this. I remember reading early on that LaFleur was at his pro day and was really, really high on ZW and pushed for him. The problem with this org structure is nobody knows who the fk is to blame for stupid decisions. I don't think that is an accident, and I think its by design. so woody can fire whoever he wants to whenever he wants to and keep guys like Rex around who make him feel good

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Augustiniak said:

The rest of the league sees how darnold is playing better and how bad wilson has been.  It’s easy to see how the jets’ coaching has been worse than the drafting.  

I agree, but JD is supposed to be the guy in charge, so if he has the ability, he has to have the right coaching, or thats on him, but I don't know what authority he actually has, we know Woody likes to be involved

2 minutes ago, football guy said:

I appreciate the honesty in this press conference, but damn 

Eyes Widen GIFs | Tenor

He sounded like he's already been informed he's being let go....but Saleh is standing behind him.

I think ownership expressed their desire for him to go, but Saleh saying no. Should be an interesting offseason.

4 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

I agree, but JD is supposed to be the guy in charge, so if he has the ability, he has to have the right coaching, or thats on him, but I don't know what authority he actually has, we know Woody likes to be involved

You can keep pushing it up.  There are lots of coordinators who get hired who pan out.  It’s just amazing that the jets keep hiring a bunch of inept coaching staffs.  

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Close but not an ideal course of action.  In hindsight, Zach Wilson should not have been drafted.

And... I see ZERO reason here to lambast LeFluer.  He was the one that got stuck with Wilson.

Direct the slings and arrows at JD.  HE and only HE is the one that was pushing for ZW every step of the way.

And now, I need to find a good hiding spot.  After he reads this, he will break me like pretzel. 

Stuck with Wilson? Are you implying he had zero input?

Yeah not sure why people still think anyone other than Rob Calabrese is getting fired.  Woody gave Bowles 4 painful years. 

They're all getting 1 more year to make it happen.  I'd be shocked if JD, Saleh, or Mike got axed.  Would be a ? move. 

Sounds like deflecting the blame.  It wasn't my play calling, it was the QB I got stuck with.  I guess that explains why his offense didn't show up the last 5 games.  Why they scored a grand total of 4 touchdowns in 5 games, 3 of which against second tier defenses.  I guess it explains why we consistently had the worst opening drives ever seen.

Zach was benched for not accepting responsibility.  Didn't the offensive coordinator just do the same thing?

If they are truly committed to Zach, they need to sign a veteran to start next year.  Let Zach win the job if he can.  They, also, need to remove "stubborn" from the personality of the OC.  Play to the talent of the players you have.  Look up terms like change the tempo, Hurry up offense.

If your QB struggles under pressure and the other team is blitzing on almost every play, go to the page of plays to beat the blitz.  Zach should handle it better but teams are supposed to get burned if the offense smells blitz.  Mike White gets rid of the ball as quick as anyone and he didn't beat the blitz either.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

He sounded like he's already been informed he's being let go....but Saleh is standing behind him.

I think ownership expressed their desire for him to go, but Saleh saying no. Should be an interesting offseason.

I haven't heard anything other than the organization defending him. I don't know what ownership is planning but they haven't said anything either. Most people expect him back but with changes to the offensive coaching staff. There are expiring contracts that they will need to decide whether to renew or replace, as well as critical decisions as to who will be the main voice in the QB room/how its constructed. 

As far as this press conference: I feel like this is just him trying to be honest with the situation... he was a little emotional last week and looks/sounds worn out by everything that has happened recently. He's transforming into Adam Gase... 

image.png.7e48f627f227b0da5834ccf658902814.png

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I believe it was an organizational decision to start fresh with new blood across the board. The fact that MLF is now questioning it means he's throwing JD and Saleh under the bus morso than ZW. Seems like he's in self preservation mode. 

He’s starting with the premise that Wilson is not only bad, but he’s also corrupted goods and nothing can be done with him. He’s using the hypothetical that maybe if he sat the bench for X number of games/seasons he’d be good, but whoops to that. 

I will get blasted but it is what it is

He is just stating what he has learned, he was wrong to start ZW and should have had him sit.  It’s ok that he is learning from a mistake.  That’s what we want, young coaches learning from mistakes.    
you hire a staff of all first time personnel, from gm to entire coaching staff, they are going to make mistakes. ( yes, this was a huge one)

learn from it and get better.  This is why we never develop coaches or players, we don’t let them learn on the job.  

Hire a real QB coach and then go get a vet QB and sit ZW for the next year!  If he don’t learn then it’s on him.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

27 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m saying Douglas took his shot on a QB and pushed it down everyone’s throat

I know the wound of this seasons disappointment is still fresh…

But it’s ironic to me that the Jets finally have a coach with some gumption, who stands up to the front office and people here are calling for his head. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

I will get blasted but it is what it is

He is just stating what he has learned, he was wrong to start ZW and should have had him sit.  It’s ok that he is learning from a mistake.  That’s what we want, young coaches learning from mistakes.    
you hire a staff of all first time personnel, from gm to entire coaching staff, they are going to make mistakes. ( yes, this was a huge one)

learn from it and get better.  This is why we never develop coaches or players, we don’t let them learn on the job.  

Hire a real QB coach and then go get a vet QB and sit ZW for the next year!  If he don’t learn then it’s on him.  

Nice to know.  But it also deflects attention for how bad his offense is with mike white.  There is nothing MLF he can point to that demonstrates competence. 

9 minutes ago, football guy said:

I haven't heard anything other than the organization defending him. I don't know what ownership is planning but they haven't said anything either. Most people expect him back but with changes to the offensive coaching staff. There are expiring contracts that they will need to decide whether to renew or replace, as well as critical decisions as to who will be the main voice in the QB room/how its constructed. 

As far as this press conference: I feel like this is just him trying to be honest with the situation... he was a little emotional last week and looks/sounds worn out by everything that has happened recently. He's transforming into Adam Gase... 

image.png.7e48f627f227b0da5834ccf658902814.png

sorry but they need sign some high priced vet QB this off season and before they can do that they have to make coaching changes before FA

fine keep Saleh but what vet QB is gonna trust MLF in any capacity now?