Mike LaFleur Makes an Incredible Discovery

10 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Everything I’ve heard from the coaching staff this week wants me to see us clean house on Monday.

They can’t run this CS and Zach Wilson out there again next year. If they do, the fans will boo them off the field on Opening Day.

Saleh loses more credibility with every PC he does. Wilson is a joke, and LaFleur has become their scapegoat.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

There was more than one of us, though in the great minority, that suggested doing just that at the time.  People were too enraged with darnold  but even if we were going to dump him we still should have made a premium pick or traded back and built the team before looking for a QB drafted QB.

You could have even taken Fields or Jones at 10 and if they busted it really didn't matter that much since you would have had a crazy amount of picks going forward. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

As I previously implied in another post, everything I read would appear to be that the CS is ASKING to be fired.   They don’t want to be here next year with a Johnson-sequel Playoff Mandate they will fail at, dealing with JD’s dud draft picks and ruining their reputations.  They want out with their severances, with the chance to start again.

If MLF goes Saleh is dead in the water.  No one is taking the Jets OC job.  

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

Watching the MLF presser today, I believe he was informed officially that he will be let go.

Body language, lack of Jets apparel and demeanor are all dead giveaways.  

agreed.....I'm not so sure he's safe

He was asked about his vote of confidence from Saleh and immediately went into a spiel about understanding the NFL as a production based business and seeing his dad and brother being fired from jobs...also declined to answer a question about why he's the best person for this job...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Larz said:

Someone posted a detailed analysis of that issue recently and the conclusion more or less is there was no clear correlation between sitting or playing on career 

probably 3, 4 weeks ago 

I'm not sure individuals are necessarily trends. 

I can conclude that smoking is bad for you. Sometimes a smoker lives to be 100. 

The only way to be certain is to get a full time machine redo. MLF seems pretty satisfied with the idea that he was started too early.

Some guys are ready right away after college; some aren't. That doesn't therefore mean on an individual basis it makes no difference for some because it didn't matter for others.

If you find the analysis, repost it; I missed it when it was. But if it shows nothing other than career stats for those who started right away vs. those who didn't, that's not proving much of anything. I don't think it therefore means everyone who got his chance on the field later would've had equal success had he been thrown in right away. Even an arrogant tool like Rodgers would freely admit - and I believe has, from before he started hating McCarthy - that he needed a lot of work after college, even though he was a 1st rounder predicted to go as high as #3 overall iirc before he fell.

Some need more guidance than others. I don't think it's controversial to say everyone isn't ready at the exact same time after his particular draft, just because each draft falls around the same week every year. 

• Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, Beerfish said:

There was more than one of us, though in the great minority, that suggested doing just that at the time.  People were too enraged with darnold  but even if we were going to dump him we still should have made a premium pick or traded back and built the team before looking for a QB drafted QB.

I know I was one of them... I kept saying they needed to trade down, but everyone called me crazy... which by the way is a true statement lol...

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Would you have been part of the mob that booed Darnold off before the end of last season?  It would have happened.  

I liked Darnold... I get that he wasn't good here, but what I see from Darnold was way better than what I'm seeing from Wilson at this same period. I wasn't on the hate Darnold train like many here. I always thought the kid got thrown under the table with the talent around him, so I understand why the new regime wanted to start fresh. Given the team we have at this juncture, I believe Darnold would not be struggling as much as he did back then.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, LIJetsFan said:

If what the OP says is true, and it does have the ring of truth to it, then THIS is ALL on JD and his "draft input team".  I still very much like JD but drafting ZW #2 overall is a 10x greater mistake than any other he's made.  

What makes the Zach Wilson pick so much worse (if that is even possible) is before the draft, he traded away his only serviceable QB and didn't have a competent replacement in place before drafting ZW which forced his hand, twice:

1. He had to use that pick on a QB

2. He had to make sure that QB could start right away

It was totally reckless, and here we are, all the worse for it. 

Oh, but wait, there's more! LOL

Now he has to waste more limited resources to atone for mistakes 1 and 2, by acquiring a QB who can actually play a full season, and everybody knows it. Every QB, every agent, every other team has Joe over a barrel. And don't think for a minute they don't know how high and mighty JD has been acting over his fleecing of the Seahawks in that trade for Adams. 

All water under the bridge now, can't undo what has been done, but this has the potential to get even worse.

• Upvote 2

@T0mShane

When asked why he is the right man for the job, LaFleur said: “I’m going to respectfully not answer that question. My words don’t matter there. I really mean that. I’m going to give everything I’ve got for these players and this organization. That’s all you can do.”

11 minutes ago, BP said:

@T0mShane

When asked why he is the right man for the job, LaFleur said: “I’m going to respectfully not answer that question. My words don’t matter there. I really mean that. I’m going to give everything I’ve got for these players and this organization. That’s all you can do.”

Translation: you fire me and I’ll have a new job in twenty minutes

In hindsight, as a kid getting an old style patriots helmet and uniform as a kid, a cowboys team picture signed by staubach, and living with a giants fan for a father I should have picked a different team lol
Steelers for me .. I had the replica mean Joe green uni as a kid... We must have both been dropped on our heads.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

what i find strange in all this is how MLF handled Becton vs Zach.  If you go back to the 1st training camp MLF was pretty darn critical in his pressers on Becton even before we started hearing him get beat by a drum by Lawson.  The thing about Becton is he is a behemoth 365+ dude who just had a pretty impressive rookie season where he went against a lot of the best DE in league and held his own.  Becton coming into that 2nd camp he was out of shape and behind but he had to learn a completely new system.  They were trying to convert to zone blocking which isnt ideal for his body type to say the least.  Anyway, MLF was very blunt in his critique of Becton in those pressures because he was obviously having hard time adjusting to their system but eventually did it and looked pretty good in those pre season games and 1st game until hurt.  So what is strange to me is I do not remember him ever being blunt about Zach or critiquing him too much that off season or at all even though he MUST have been having at least some struggles you would think.  If fact I do not recall him calling out any player like he did Becton.

• Upvote 1