Is this a Joke

Lurker89

18 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Mike Florio and Chris Simmare legit ****ing morons. Cant take being wrong on Zach.

To paraphrase we failed Zach.

Zach should want to move on from our clown shoes organization because this isn't his fault.

No QB's coming out are going to want to play for the Jets and should pull an Eli if they get drafted here.

Zach can't complete an out route or screen pass but we failed Zach.

Thanks for sharing. I wonder if Chris Simms would have this take if he never liked Zach as a quarterback prospect coming out in the 2021 draft. I'm not saying the Jets couldn't have given Zach Wilson a better situation to develop in, but to me this seems like Simms ego is the genesis of this axe to grind take. Simms is definitely a football guy with friends in the Jets organization.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I wonder if Chris Simms would have this take if he never liked Zach as a quarterback prospect coming out in the 2021 draft.

I doubt he's worried about supporting a guy in the draft two years ago. Truth is most people don't remember or work with information more than a couple days/weeks old.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Thanks for sharing. I wonder if Chris Simms would have this take if he never liked Zach as a quarterback prospect coming out in the 2021 draft. I'm not saying the Jets couldn't have given Zach Wilson a better situation to develop in, but to me this seems like Simms ego is the genesis of this axe to grind take. Simms is definitely a football guy with friends in the Jets organization.

Thinking Conan Obrien GIF

• Haha 4

People say the problem with the Jets is that the fans are impatient but the real problem is that our team is in NY and not Jacksonville or Detriot and we are under a constant microscope....we would be better off if these mouth breathers never talked about us. 

The Jets did everything in their power to help Zach Wilson succeed.

They made heavy investment in the offensive line and all skill positions through both free agency and the draft. They hired a young, up and coming offensive coordinator running a modern system.

If Zach Wilson was a legitimate quarterback, he would have succeeded with the Jets. Their biggest mistake was starting him from Day 1, but a good quarterback can and should overcome that situation.

Zach simply sucks.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • More Ugh 1

29 minutes ago, JiFields said:

I wouldnt want to come back here if I was Zach.  Has there ever been a QB hated more by a fanbase?  He'll get boo'd and cursed merciless the moment he takes the field again.  Who wants to work in those conditions? 

Richard Todd...we haven't seen that guy since?  First time and last time I ever booed any sports figure from one of my teams...last game at Shea when we lost to the Steelers, I thought the fans were going to attack him when he left by himself to enter the locker room

37 minutes ago, JiFields said:

I wouldnt want to come back here if I was Zach.  Has there ever been a QB hated more by a fanbase?  He'll get boo'd and cursed merciless the moment he takes the field again.  Who wants to work in those conditions? 

I mean, complete a few passes, look like an nfl qb  and maybe even  lead an actual scoring drive and I’m sure the boos would subside. 

• Upvote 4

59 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Mike Florio and Chris Simms are legit ****ing morons. Cant take being wrong on Zach.

To paraphrase we failed Zach.

Zach should want to move on from our clown shoes organization because this isn't his fault.

No QB's coming out are going to want to play for the Jets and should pull an Eli if they get drafted here.

Zach can't complete an out route or screen pass but we failed Zach.

Sorry but they are right. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Ugh 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Didn't hurt Josh Allen all that much . 

The Josh Allen Defense is exactly why a bad prospect like Levis will be drafted in the top 10 this year.

At least Levis can say he played poorly against the SEC but being "prototypical" and "toolsy" does not make a bad prospect good. 

Allen is the exception not the rule.

Zach played well his junior year( the only year he played exceptionally well) and he did it against a bunch of nobodies.

I said it then I'll say it now why are drafting a QB with one good year of production #2 overall.

Fields was the right pick and I had questions  about Fields then and still dont think Fields has it long term in the NFL unless he can take major strides as a passer this offseason. 

10 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

I'd like you all to consider the high probability that Zach sucks AND that the Jets failed to coach him properly.

Lol both s****y things can be s****y. This is very true.

So many people still twisting themselves into pretzels defending an atrociously bad QB. 

By every single metric he has been objectively horrible and 10% of this fanbase would have you believe he is blameless in his failures and was a spotless prospect.

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

The one positive of crappy takes like this is maybe just maybe they prop up some sort of trade value for Zach.

This is 100% the narrative that the Jets and Zach Wilson wants out there, presuming they’re working toward an exit. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Lol both s****y things can be s****y. This is very true.

So many people still twisting themselves into pretzels defending an atrociously bad QB. 

By every single metric he has been objectively horrible and 10% of this fanbase would have you believe he is blameless in his failures and was a spotless prospect.

And so many people twisting themselves into a frenzy over a #2 pick QB who by most accounts will still be on the Jets roster in 2023 . 

17 minutes ago, FactsOnly said:

Simms is right

CLOWN SHOW organization 

ZERO set up for success

Zach would be BALLING if SF was able to take him like they wanted to

I guess SF was wrong also right? ?

Drafted O line with consecutive firsts as well as a ton of offensive skill positions which didn’t bust... Garrett Wilson,  Elijah Moore, Breece Hall and AVT for starters Becton for the 5 minutes he was healthy played well. Paid to bring in Laken Tomlinson and Fant which before injury with McGovern AVT respectable Oline on paper.

But sure "ZERO set up for success".... sorry Zach is a few hefty bags short of a dumpster fire.

• Upvote 1

If I were Zach Wilson, I would want to get out of here asap and would be happy if I were traded. Maybe he never makes it somewhere else, but there is so much hatred for the guy here, no way will he ever get the support here. Even if he got the starting job again, turned it around and was successful, the minute he has a less than average game, he would be destroyed again. More than. 75% of the fan base believes he is trash. Not just below average. “Trash”. Plus most don’t like the person either. It’s a no win situation for him or the franchise. But is getting a 6th round pick for him really beneficial to the Jets? No freakin way.