Hamlin Awake... Wants To Know Who Won Bills - Bengals Game

5 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Kudos to the medical pros on the field in Cincy who saved that young man's life. It sounds like he doesn't have any neurological damage either. Incredible.

I'm wondering when his next question will be "when can I suit up ???" :-)

• Upvote 3

58 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

Likely never playing football again. But the fact he is alive and his brain is functioning is a miracle. 

Forgive my naitivity, but why not?  If it is determined that his heart is 100%, and his cognitive functions are 100%, then why not?  

I certainly am not saying that he "should" play again!  I think he needs to do a lot of soul searching, and do what's best for him and his family, and his health of course.

I'll tell you what though.  If he was to show up on a football field again, his teammates would be higher than a kite emotionally, just seeing him out there.  

I absolutely loved his first question: "Did we win the game?"

That honestly put a tear in my eye!!  How awesome!

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Alka said:

Forgive my naitivity, but why not?  If it is determined that his heart is 100%, and his cognitive functions are 100%, then why not?  

I certainly am not saying that he "should" play again!  I think he needs to do a lot of soul searching, and do what's best for him and his family, and his health of course.

I'll tell you what though.  If he was to show up on a football field again, his teammates would be higher than a kite emotionally, just seeing him out there.  

I absolutely loved his first question: "Did we win the game?"

That honestly put a tear in my eye!!  How awesome!

I am thinking that he might have a heart condition that might be a risk in the future. I guess it’s up to him, if he is physically able to play, but we will see, i guess. 

12 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

I am thinking that he might have a heart condition that might be a risk in the future. I guess it’s up to him, if he is physically able to play, but we will see, i guess. 

I'm no doctor, but if we are just trying to make sense out of what happened on the field, it was a opposing player that lowered his shoulder and drove it into Damar which caused the tragic incident.  I am not blaming the opposing player, but it was a action which caused this event.  I believe Hank Gathers just died running up and down the floor on the basketball court, so in that case, Gathers event was caused by his heart problem, which no one detected at the time.

Of course they will do testing on him, but like you said, I guess we will see.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, THE BARON said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/critically-injured-damar-hamlin-awake-asked-who-won-bills-game-doctors-say/ar-AA15ZYGD?cvid=07976028154445d18a60c7d2c03555d4

"JAN. 5 (UPI) -- Damar Hamlin is awake, can move his hands, feet and head, and asked medical personnel who won the Buffalo Bills-Cincinnati Bengals game, which was halted when he went into cardiac arrest three days ago, doctors said Thursday."

That's great news!  

5 hours ago, JETS SB said:

Likely never playing football again. But the fact he is alive and his brain is functioning is a miracle. 

You are probably right but Christian Eriksen was back playing within a year after his cardiac arrest on the pitch at the Euro’s in 2021. Different sports with differing degrees of contact admittedly but modern medical techniques are incredible. 
regardless this is great news about Hamlin and there’s a lovely story about how he had an online go fund me page for a ‘toy drive’ that had raised about $6K dollars prior to the game but is now somewhere north of 7 million bucks. That has to be a nice thing to tell him 

6 hours ago, THE BARON said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/critically-injured-damar-hamlin-awake-asked-who-won-bills-game-doctors-say/ar-AA15ZYGD?cvid=07976028154445d18a60c7d2c03555d4

"JAN. 5 (UPI) -- Damar Hamlin is awake, can move his hands, feet and head, and asked medical personnel who won the Buffalo Bills-Cincinnati Bengals game, which was halted when he went into cardiac arrest three days ago, doctors said Thursday."

Just heard this on TV. Fantastic news. Was afraid he might have brain damage from oxygen deprivation.  The fact that he remembered the game seems like really good news for the man.  

• Upvote 1