Flacco IS Starting (Merged)

Just now, football guy said:

There’s no doubt that White is somewhat compromised by his ribs, but what we saw last week was more than his ribs. He has seen a steady decline in play, and it wouldn’t surprise me if the Jets — knowing the season is done — do not want to risk further damage (both injury and play). 

Despite what happened last week, they’ve seen what they wanted to see and they know who he is. They want him back to compete for the job next year. Nothing that would happen this weekend would change that, so no reason to feed him to the wolves

What's the reason to feed Flacco to the Wolves?  

6 minutes ago, football guy said:

There’s no doubt that White is somewhat compromised by his ribs, but what we saw last week was more than his ribs. He has seen a steady decline in play, and it wouldn’t surprise me if the Jets — knowing the season is done — do not want to risk further damage (both injury and play). 

Despite what happened last week, they’ve seen what they wanted to see and they know who he is. They want him back to compete for the job next year. Nothing that would happen this weekend would change that, so no reason to feed him to the wolves

Zach is that broken that he can't play given the circumstance?

I'm with @T0mShane on this one - what is the sense of keeping him around?

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

So with playoffs and season on the line and only a few weeks removed from "THE GREAT RESET" they start Wilson who was clearly not ready.

With the playoffs out of reach and the team eliminated, they can't start the young developmental guy, and turn to the veteran....

confused-jaguarsfan.gif

joe flacco fumbles the ball everytime someone touches him. hard to think you can rely on him to win a game at this point.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, football guy said:

After seeing what happened to that Bills Safety I keep thinking about how frigging LUCKY Mike White was to be so skinny while taking that hit that broke "just" his ribs. But this hit, the first one MW was very lucky to not have happen to him what happened in Cincy image.thumb.jpeg.31dfb275df060a1d4d219a62ae8e02cc.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Just now, SoFlaJets said:

After seeing what happened to that Bills Safety I keep thinking about how frigging LUCKY Mike White was to be so skinny while taking that hit that broke "just" his ribs. But this hit, the first one MW was very lucky to not have happen to him what happened in Cincy image.thumb.jpeg.31dfb275df060a1d4d219a62ae8e02cc.jpeg

guys take hits like this all the time.

What happened to the Bills safety was a freak thing.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Honestly, if they cannot put Zach Wilson out there in this spot, they should just cut him this afternoon.

Yea, this has become gross mismanagement.

We should make Lamar Jackson super rich and hire Greg Ronan as HC. **** it.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Yes but in fairness, if what happened to Hamlin is what rumors are suggesting, it's like 1-in-a million chance (if not more). You need to be hit in a very specific spot during a very exact moment in the heartbeat cycle and it needs to be direct impact (as opposed to here, where his torso/shoulder is absorbing a good amount of the blow). It's a freak accident that hopefully won't happen again

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, football guy said:

Yes but in fairness, if what happened to Hamlin is what rumors are suggesting, it's like 1-in-a million chance (if not more). You need to be hit in a very specific spot during a very exact moment in the heartbeat cycle and it needs to be direct impact (as opposed to here, where his torso/shoulder is absorbing a good amount of the blow). It's a freak accident that hopefully won't happen again

As much as I appreciate and respect Mike White’s toughness, the league desperately needs to avoid the visual of any player rolling around midfield like a flopping soccer player. Because of Hamlin, the eyes of every non-sports media outlet and every PTA mom is going to be fixed upon the fields this weekend looking for the chance to tweet about the savagery of football, like they did during the CTE panic

• Upvote 1