Flacco IS Starting (Merged)

7 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Somebody’s going to have to make sense of this for me. If you can’t play Wilson behind this line, why make him the backup? Does anyone think a guy who’ll be 38 in a week and a half is making it through a whole game behind this group? If making Wilson the starter would be “leading a lamb to slaughter,” what’s it going to be when he ends up playing behind the crappy line anyway, but without having taken any first-team reps all week? What a cluster****.

I think those of us in the know call it toxic AF! 

7 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Somebody’s going to have to make sense of this for me. If you can’t play Wilson behind this line, why make him the backup? Does anyone think a guy who’ll be 38 in a week and a half is making it through a whole game behind this group? If making Wilson the starter would be “leading a lamb to slaughter,” what’s it going to be when he ends up playing behind the crappy line anyway, but without having taken any first-team reps all week? What a cluster****.

Wilson stopped running when this swoon started. He used to get a couple of key first downs using his feet. Then for some unknown reason he started stepping into the pass rush if his first guy wasn’t open.

if they would create a game plan of roll outs and misdirections and keep the fish off balance it may work with Zach. But, with this injured ol I guarantee you it’s 2 cracks in the line and throw on 3rd and long. They’ve become sooooooo predictable on offense 

4 minutes ago, DireJet said:

No clue why the Jets listed Mike White as questionable on final injury report after he detailed the severity of his rib injuries. Did someone fall asleep at the wheel?

They’ve been sleep walking the last 6 games. It’s ok, they’re gonna wake up on Monday.

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, usanyj said:

I tend to agree, however, they shouldn't play garrett wilson or other young talent for fear that something happens that puts training camp in jeopardy.

Also, I know this goes against what I just said, but how about making Ruckert active and giving him some field time to end his rookie year?!

I agree.   Ruckert should play.  Wilson should sit.  Mims should be front and centre.  So should Corey Davis, since he will be gone next year.  

• Upvote 1

It’s a good decision his numbers this year are pretty bad but I think he can do ok. Glad to see Zach is the backup while LaFleur is right he shouldn’t have started day one he wasn’t ready (some young QBs are but most aren’t) he has 22 starts has had good games I think for whatever reason they’re over coddling him now possibly because they want to trade him. It also gives us answers on Mike White he was re-injured last week prob the reason he was so bad in 2nd half last Sunday.