Flacco IS Starting (Merged)

17 minutes ago, heymangold said:

3/5ths of the starting o-line out.  Should be a streveler game.

the problem there is that the Strev will try ad win the game. WTF would we want to win this game? JF knows this and will just hand off the ball or throw it out of bounds. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Ok If Hughes is reporting the company line here—that they’re putting Flacco out there to take a beating to protect Zach—I don’t even know what to say anymore.

Wait a minute.  The they don’t want to put Wilson out there because the coaching staff is afraid he’ll take a beating?  So it was ok to but Mike White out there and now Flacco with the same OL problems.  Wow.  That’s just awful.  If I was Flacco, I’d tell them to go f**ck themselves.  If Wilson is this fragile and needs to be coddled this much, he’s clearly not the answer.

This is going to be a horrible game to watch.

The corpse of Joe Flacco getting whipped behind a makeshift Oline, trying to keep the Dolphins an their 3rd string QB out of the playoffs.

Although, I am glad that they aren't throwing Wilson out there as the starter behind this line. Kid might actually wet himself on the field.

Mike White begged to play in games with a busted up ribcage

Joe Flacco is 37 years old and is going to take the field on Sunday behind the third team OL *specifically* to take a beating from the Dolphins DL.

But Saleh is consciously standing up there saying that Zach Wilson can’t start because they’re trying to spare him from getting beat up? What the **** is this? 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

This is going to be a horrible game to watch.

The corpse of Joe Flacco getting whipped behind a makeshift Oline, trying to keep the Dolphins an their 3rd string QB out of the playoffs.

Although, I am glad that they aren't throwing Wilson out there as the starter behind this line. Kid might actually wet himself on the field.

Coops, Now we just have to wait for the unthinkable next disaster to occur, I just hope it doesn't happen to Sauce or Garrett or any of the young up and coming stars

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

11 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Somebody’s going to have to make sense of this for me. If you can’t play Wilson behind this line, why make him the backup? Does anyone think a guy who’ll be 38 in a week and a half is making it through a whole game behind this group? If making Wilson the starter would be “leading a lamb to slaughter,” what’s it going to be when he ends up playing behind the crappy line anyway, but without having taken any first-team reps all week? What a cluster****.

Hi, I am the NY Jets, have we met?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Unfortunately this is all a by-product of Joe D. not wanting to have a competent backup QB on the roster who could potentially challenge Zach's fragile psyche as he tried to develop.  Joe Flacco is and was always a joke of an addition as the backup, he's been toast now for several years (albeit with a nice effort against Cleveland earlier this year).  White was not an option for this week given his obvious physical limitations last week so it was either Flacco or Streveler (who despite his cult-like status, is not an NFL QB).  So we'll roll with Flacco, heavy running game with some short passes as needed to keep him from getting hurt, and do what is needed to be done (lose the game, improve draft position, and keep the Patriots out of the playoffs).  It won't be pretty but is not really worth getting worked up about at this point.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Trotter said:

Zach is that broken that he can't play given the circumstance?

I'm with @T0mShane on this one - what is the sense of keeping him around?

Ask yourself this, what would Zach have to show you to prove he's a franchise QB on Sunday.

Then ask:

If that goal is unattainable, does it benefit him more to be healthy all offseason or to play in a game with no benefit? 

This game will feature bottom tier players hoping to show 1 last time this season they can lay a big hit, make a big play. Whether you want Zach here or not, it's in our benefit for him to be 100% healthy this offseason. I think risking Zach's health given this truth,   the state of the OL, fanbase, and frankly his confidence and you get a mountain of reasons this makes more sense.

• Upvote 1

This game has ALL the hall marks of a late season totally meaningless win to screw draft position.

On tankathon we are currently picking 13th, if we lose maybe we pick like 11th if we win maybe we pick like 15 - 16th lets say.

In their mock they have the two top offensive tackles going at 11 and then 13

This is going to happen the jets annual play for pride game long after they have played like garbage to pooch the draft.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, jamesr said:

The circle is now complete ... we started the season with Flaccorpse, and we will end it with him too. (Assuming he lasts the full game, that is).

This is going to be the second coming of the opening day vs The Patriots when Vinny got bit by the gremlins of Giants stadium ruing our season before it even got started and Tom Tup ended up playing QB and actually. throwing a couple of TDs. Braxton Berrios will enter the fray and play Tom Tupa Sunday. This is going to be another one for the ages-I can just feel it coming

22 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I can’t believe we still have to watch Joe Flacco start a game for us in 2023. 

To think that this will be the last we see of the Jets till September ... and it'll be the corpse of Joe Flacco getting pummeled into the ground.

How depressing ... might actually make last week in Seattle look like a good performance.

(Now watch as Flacco pulls off another Cleveland style comeback to knock Miami out and dent our draft position ... lol!)