Get Colin Baxter on the Phone

AFJF

This screams tank job. So many guys being pulled. They probably told brown and fant that they appreciate them playing hurt, but they can take the game off. 

Fine by me. Winning vs losing can be a swing of 10 picks which is huge. That’s the difference between a borderline top 10 pick and a mid/late round guy 

26 minutes ago, heymangold said:

honestly, in a game that means absolutely nothing, Wilson should be starting.  Flacco backing up.  Strev should be dressed.  Play Wilson/Strev combo.

Off-season wise who cares if Flacco gets hurt. He’s gone. Zach will be on the team, and the last thing you want is a acl injury or something 

2 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

This screams tank job. So many guys being pulled. They probably told brown and fant that they appreciate them playing hurt, but they can take the game off. 

Fine by me. Winning vs losing can be a swing of 10 picks which is huge. That’s the difference between a borderline top 10 pick and a mid/late round guy 

Douglas already looking at all the mocks with them taking Paris in the first and a win screws this up.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Great so we just give our division rivals a playoff spot, that’s NYJ football for you.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Great so we just give our division rivals a playoff spot, that’s NYJ football for you.

If the jets beat the phins and the pats win then the pats are in. If the jets lose then the phins get in. Either way one is most likely getting in 

17 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Off-season wise who cares if Flacco gets hurt. He’s gone. Zach will be on the team, and the last thing you want is a acl injury or something 

if we don't care about flacco getting hurt, why care if zach gets hurt?  throw him on IR and then we don't have to worry about him all year.

19 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

In what universe is the “haha” of knocking the ‘Phins out of the playoffs better for this franchise than a significantly better draft pick; especially considering that Flacco is starting?

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, heymangold said:

if we don't care about flacco getting hurt, why care if zach gets hurt?  throw him on IR and then we don't have to worry about him all year.

Zach is under contract next year, Flacco is not. The coaches have said over and over they want to work with him in The off season. Whatever small chance it is that he turns it around, it’s higher if he’s healthy. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, heymangold said:

so instead send the immobile corpse of joe flacco out there to get destroyed, in what could literally be his last NFL game.

That line?

It might be his last day on earth.

It's funny, everyone wants a new center.   At least he plays every game.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, chirorob said:

That line?

It might be his last day on earth.

It's funny, everyone wants a new center.   At least he plays every game.

Agreed. The center was the least of our problems on the OL.  Unfortunately he is FA after the season.  I would be happy bringing him back, but we may have no choice but to find a new Center.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Zach is under contract next year, Flacco is not. The coaches have said over and over they want to work with him in The off season. Whatever small chance it is that he turns it around, it’s higher if he’s healthy. 

and do you think they actually mean it?  this coaching staff doesn't know their ass from their elbows yet we'll throw an elderly joe flacco out there instead of sticking with zach through HELL OR HIGH WATER and playing him in a meaningless game. i don't know what you or the staff have been watching but zach ain't the answer.  put him out there to get more snaps against an NFL team in a REAL GAME, instead of meaningless snaps in a training camp next summer.

11 minutes ago, heymangold said:

and do you think they actually mean it?  this coaching staff doesn't know their ass from their elbows yet we'll throw an elderly joe flacco out there instead of sticking with zach through HELL OR HIGH WATER and playing him in a meaningless game. i don't know what you or the staff have been watching but zach ain't the answer.  put him out there to get more snaps against an NFL team in a REAL GAME, instead of meaningless snaps in a training camp next summer.

I’m sure you will see Wilson at some point don’t expect JF to make it the whole game.

2 hours ago, Lith said:

Agreed. The center was the least of our problems on the OL.  Unfortunately he is FA after the season.  I would be happy bringing him back, but we may have no choice but to find a new Center.

He consistently gets no push, we can do better. 

6 hours ago, BurntDice said:

If the jets beat the phins and the pats win then the pats are in. If the jets lose then the phins get in. Either way one is most likely getting in 

As much as I hate the Dolphins I would rather see them in the playoffs than the Pats - so then your basically saying that if the Jets lose they get a better draft pick AND knock the Patriots out of the playoffs - sounds like a no brainer to me!

5 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

As much as I hate the Dolphins I would rather see them in the playoffs than the Pats - so then your basically saying that if the Jets lose they get a better draft pick AND knock the Patriots out of the playoffs - sounds like a no brainer to me!

Exactly! Plus the swing is huge between pick 10ish and pick 18ish 

7 hours ago, Mogglez said:

The best “haha” I can think of is getting the better pick out of a meaningless game to continue trying to build a team that stomps on their throats year after year.  Just my outlook going into the weekend.

When was the last time we had a draft pick that was not injured and stomped anyone’s throat? We are talking about the NYJ right? 

53 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

When was the last time we had a draft pick that was not injured and stomped anyone’s throat? We are talking about the NYJ right? 

Quinnen Williams, Garrett Wilson, and Sauce Gardner?