Saleh: Mike White got hurt during hail-Mary before the half

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, MW wasn’t cleared and you’re an expert on rib injuries.  And of course, don’t try to score before the half.   Congratulations, the first brainiac to bring back Bobby and Salad names,  ingenious.  
Remember when you used them in Sept - Oct?  Then tossed them aside.  
What a fan base.  

Look at this drive chart. It really made no sense. With 30 seconds left and 1 timeout why even attempt a drive starting at your own 10 yard line? That’s end of the game desperation stuff. 

• 1st & 10 at NYJ 1

(0:47 - 2nd) (Shotgun) M.White pass short left to G.Wilson to NYJ 6 for 5 yards (T.Woolen).
  • (0:41 - 2nd) Timeout #2 by SEA at 00:41.
  • 2nd & 5 at NYJ 6

(0:41 - 2nd) (Shotgun) M.White pass short left to Mi.Carter pushed ob at NYJ 10 for 4 yards (T.Woolen).
  • 3rd & 1 at NYJ 10

(0:35 - 2nd) Mi.Carter left guard to NYJ 12 for 2 yards (T.Muse, T.Woolen).
  • (0:31 - 2nd) Timeout #2 by NYJ at 00:31.
  • 1st & 10 at NYJ 12

(0:31 - 2nd) (Shotgun) M.White pass short left to T.Conklin to NYJ 22 for 10 yards (T.Woolen; C.Barton).
  • (0:24 - 2nd) Timeout #3 by NYJ at 00:24.
  • 1st & 10 at NYJ 22

(0:24 - 2nd) (Shotgun) M.White pass incomplete short left to T.Johnson.
  • 2nd & 10 at NYJ 22

(0:19 - 2nd) (Shotgun) M.White pass incomplete short middle to E.Moore (L.Collier). PENALTY on SEA-L.Collier, Illegal Use of Hands, 5 yards, enforced at NYJ 22 - No Play.
  • 1st & 10 at NYJ 27

(0:14 - 2nd) (Shotgun) PENALTY on SEA-U.Nwosu, Defensive Offside, 5 yards, enforced at NYJ 27 - No Play.
  • 1st & 5 at NYJ 32

(0:12 - 2nd) (Shotgun) M.White pass short right to T.Conklin pushed ob at NYJ 44 for 12 yards (C.Bryant).
  • (0:06 - 2nd) Timeout #3 by SEA at 00:06.
  • 1st & 10 at NYJ 44

(0:06 - 2nd) (Shotgun) M.White sacked at NYJ 32 for -12 yards (D.Taylor). FUMBLES (D.Taylor) [D.Taylor], RECOVERED by SEA-U.Nwosu at NYJ 34. U.Nwosu to NYJ 30 for 4 yards (L.Duvernay-Tardif).
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, OverweightJetsFan said:

Hello,

Did anyone catch this? Not sure what Robert Saleh was thinking on that drive. I don’t even think White had the arm to get that ball in the endzone on that play. When I was watching that game I thought after getting the first down (after starting at their own 1 yd line) they should have took a knee. 

That drive was moronic.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, freestater said:

Precisely the fanbase the Jets have earned. 

Nonsense. 
Argue that White has to play, he’s the only one who can win then complain he played.   While at it complain he was reinjured trying to score points before the half.  
Brilliant

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Lies. 

Mike White was hurt the entire time. 

Hes saying this to cover up the fact that they played an obviously injured player and suffered the consequences. 

Lesson number 1 of Bobby Salads, never believe anything he says regarding player injury. 

After watching the Salah's press conference today this guy is starting to disgust me, he's like a scummy lying politician. I agree MW was hurt and never should have started last game. But after that unnecessary hit he took he looked to be in a lot of pain and it was obvious that he couldn't pass accurately and without pain.  Take him out of the game - Saleh doesn't appear to care about MW's health bc Zach is all important.

Fire these a$$holes - JD, Saleh & his incompetent staff and then cut or give away Zach.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, JiFields said:

no no no, no wait, are you ******* serious?

There were a bunch of us furious about this in the game thread, I know @T0mShane for sure and a few others, I literally said this is the most pointless drive ever and all that can come from it is someone gets hurt.

it just keeps getting worse and worse and worse,

Bobby Salad wanted to use his timeouts I guess.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Ok, they tried scoring points before halftime. That’s fine.

But, if he was injured, why was he still playing in the second half?

Nice excuse I meant reason why we lost.

I  wonder if Woody bought this gobbledygook 

Do you really think White can throw it 61 yards in the air? That is a bomb. Plus it’s going to take a while for receivers to get down there. 

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Would explain why he couldn't throw it 10 yards in the 2nd half and was uncharacteristically inaccurate.

I only told you guys this 5 days ago ? That White is never that inaccurate and the ribs are probably giving him trouble. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, MW wasn’t cleared and you’re an expert on rib injuries.  And of course, don’t try to score before the half.   Congratulations, the first brainiac to bring back Bobby and Salad names,  ingenious.  
Remember when you used them in Sept - Oct?  Then tossed them aside.  
What a fan base.  

Trying to score?? we were dinking and dunking as time ticked away. The entire drive was ridiculous. If we were trying to score we should’ve pushed the ball downfield. Even if it gets picked deeper down field, the other team just takes a knee and goes into the half. The fact that you’re even trying to justify that drive is so typical of you. Jets can do no wrong in your eyes. The same team that hasn’t got most things right in over 50 years.