Saleh: Mike White got hurt during hail-Mary before the half

Not playing Flacco in the second half is an indictment of JDs ability to have QB talent on the roster and Salehs ability to deploy it 

it’s the biggest mismanagement of the position in the 40 years I’ve been following this team. 

then the nerve to explain it away that it’s not about the playoffs.  

Angry Chicago Fire GIF by One Chicago

• Upvote 4

I feel bad for White.  Regardless of his Jets future, hoping the narrative on him changes after this news and he gets a legit opportunity somewhere.

Curious that the coaching staff who should know its players either didn’t pick up on this OR did & threw him out there anyway without adjusting to shorter routes he might have been capable of hitting … in a MUST WIN game.

My vote is to start MLF at QB this weekend. Might make the game more watchable from an entertainment perspective.

2 hours ago, LockeJET said:

Trying to score?? we were dinking and dunking as time ticked away. The entire drive was ridiculous. If we were trying to score we should’ve pushed the ball downfield. Even if it gets picked deeper down field, the other team just takes a knee and goes into the half. The fact that you’re even trying to justify that drive is so typical of you. Jets can do no wrong in your eyes. The same team that hasn’t got most things right in over 50 years. 

You’re assuming MW could posh the ball downfield

It’s dumb under any circumstance to bitch that they tried to move the ball.  The same whiner would have blown a gasket if they ran or took a knee.  
Have no idea what the list 50 years has to do with trying to move the ball.  Never mind it’s not true.

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Getting him hurt on this drive is genuinely an even worse reflection of the staff.

There was literally no reason for the offence to be out there. 

You could make that argument at any portion of the game

Plus don’t these morons know if you keep the. I the locker room there’s pretty much little chance anyone gets injured?

2 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

I would have been disappointed if we took a knee with 45 seconds and 2 timeouts left. A PI call on that last pass woulda put 3 points on the board. How can you be pissed about that?

30 seconds with 1 timeout at your own 10 yard line. Drive started at the 1, but took 3 plays to get to the 10. You needed a first down to ensure Seattle doesn’t get the ball back before the half. Once that was accomplished I think the prudent move would have been to take a knee and head to the locker room. If they were at the 25 it would be a different story, but they were backed up. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

For real?

Reminder: They got the ball on the 1 yard line with like 47 seconds left. After letting an obviously injured QB throw short of the sticks a couple of times, they ran the ball for a two yard gain on 3rd and 1 and then hilariously called their final timeout with 31 seconds left with the ball on their own 12 yard line. LOL. Then, they let their obviously injured QB attempt a Hail Mary from their own 44 yard line that he had no chance of throwing, even if he were healthy. LOL 

stop

Who cares? They shouldn’t have tried to move the ball?  Break a play never happens.

3 hours ago, DireJet said:

Imagine putting your life on the line like this for the JETS. Mike’s a real one. Unreal. 

*** Jets inactivate Zach Wilson ***

Jets fans:  THEY'RE DOING EVERYTHING IN THEIR POWER TO RUIN THE KID ***

*** Jets keep Mike White in a game with busted ribs ***

Also Jets fans:  MIKE WHITE SUCKS AND ALWAYS SUCKED WHAT A LOOOOSER

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Who cares? They shouldn’t have tried to move the ball?  

Yes, the risk-reward was decidedly (and I mean decidedly) in Seattle's favor.

And, sure enough, not only did Mike White get sacked attempting a (hopeless) Hail Mary, but he fumbled (recovered by Seattle) and got further injured. The Jets are just lucky there wasn't an extra second on the clock, or that idiocy would have cost them 3 points. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Yes, the risk-reward was decidedly (and I mean decidedly) in Seattle's favor.

And, sure enough, not only did Mike White get sacked attempting a (hopeless) Hail Mary, but he fumbled (recovered by Seattle) and got further injured. The Jets are just lucky there wasn't an extra second on the clock, or that idiocy would have cost them 3 points. 

eh...Mike White is always 1 play away from being injured..there plenty to beat them up on this one a stretch as I have seen plenty teams do same thing against Jets and score half time points.

37 minutes ago, BP said:

If you’re good with it it doesn’t take long. Stop crying about it.

Right? 

Jesus some people here act like I sit in my moms basement and spend hours using photoshop while snacking on Funions and Dr Pepper. 

I can make one of those ****ers on my phone in under 2 minutes while taking a massive dump. 

There are people who take longer to write out intricate posts justifying why we should keep Zach, Saleh, and JD. 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

*** Jets inactivate Zach Wilson ***

Jets fans:  THEY'RE DOING EVERYTHING IN THEIR POWER TO RUIN THE KID ***

*** Jets keep Mike White in a game with busted ribs ***

Also Jets fans:  MIKE WHITE SUCKS AND ALWAYS SUCKED WHAT A LOOOOSER

Mike White does suck. Jets didn't do everything in their power to ruin Zach Wilson(That's what a very loud super small minority), but that doesn't stop Mike White from being a crappy player too. He had his wonder game against the Bengals last season and a good game against Chicago, but other than that he hasn't been great. He hasn't thrown a TD pass outside of the Bears game this season and checks down more than an offense designed for checkdowns should.

The Jets need a QB that isn't on their roster. 

Mike White shouldn't have even played, because nobody heals from broken ribs in 2 weeks. 

Boy, this CS has really messed a lot of things up in the past week. They're handling almost everything badly.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Hex said:

Mike White does suck. Jets didn't do everything in their power to ruin Zach Wilson(That's what a very loud super small minority), but that doesn't stop Mike White from being a crappy player too. He had his wonder game against the Bengals last season and a good game against Chicago, but other than that he hasn't been great. He hasn't thrown a TD pass outside of the Bears game this season and checks down more than an offense designed for checkdowns should.

The Jets need a QB that isn't on their roster. 

Mike White shouldn't have even played, because nobody heals from broken ribs in 2 weeks. 

Boy, this CS has really messed a lot of things up in the past week. They're handling almost everything badly.

Nah he flashed vs the Bills and Vikes. Played as well as many other starters would have. Jets fans have a warped sense of reality/entitlement when it comes to the QB position. 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

You could make that argument at any portion of the game

Plus don’t these morons know if you keep the. I the locker room there’s pretty much little chance anyone gets injured?

True story - Before today I had actually forgotten why I had you on ignore.

Appreciate the reminder. ?

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

True story - Before today I had actually forgotten why I had you on ignore.

Appreciate the reminder. ?

Put me on again.  You’re arguing because you got Jimmy G and ZW mixed up.  
And after it’s pointed out that you misread posts you continue to argue like a child.  
Makes sense.  

Right? 
Jesus some people here act like I sit in my moms basement and spend hours using photoshop while snacking on Funions and Dr Pepper. 
I can make one of those ****ers on my phone in under 2 minutes while taking a massive dump. 
There are people who take longer to write out intricate posts justifying why we should keep Zach, Saleh, and JD. 

The breakfast of champions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JTJet said:

Right? 

That’s awfully specific.

5 hours ago, OverweightJetsFan said:

30 seconds with 1 timeout at your own 10 yard line. Drive started at the 1, but took 3 plays to get to the 10. You needed a first down to ensure Seattle doesn’t get the ball back before the half. Once that was accomplished I think the prudent move would have been to take a knee and head to the locker room. If they were at the 25 it would be a different story, but they were backed up. 

Got it. So any time the chances of putting up points with the time and timeouts remaining is very low, we should just take a knee and call it quits? No need for any pass plays that can tack on 40 yards quick, since the chance is very slight.